Coach Clarkson has left the building

Remove this Banner Ad

If a ‘source’ gives a journo information, it does not mean that that information is correct or factual. Just heard Caro say (not a direct quote) a source told me which is evidence that it happened. Bull ******* s**t! The ‘source’ can not be challenged or debated so therefore cannot be used as fact.

Hudson banging on a about them changing what had been put in place.
It wasn't changing anything. It was an adjustment. That's all.
Well, let's be fair to Hudson.

An adjustment IS a change in anyone's language.

First they said Clarko in charge of game day, and Sam in charge of future list.

Then they realised that that was a slightly arbitary and probably an unworkably rigid division in what needed to be a more symbiotic partnership, so that now they will both collaborate on both roles.

I'm fine with the idea that it has needed to be worked out in a bit more finesse, and now has been, but Huddo was right; the actual description of roles, as described to the public, changed.

Last edited:
Hudson banging on a about them changing what had been put in place.
It wasn't changing anything. It was an adjustment. That's all.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Although Huddo had a point with Derm, I don't think Derm articulated his point that well. It was easy for Huddo to drag him back into it. Derm was pretty annoyed they were muck raking..

"trashing an organisation for the want to do it"

to jack steele ( who was next ) "i'm pissed off jack"

Edit : i did take a vid cap if someone can point me to an upload FAQ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need someone to summarise or link Derm comments

Huddo: Emotional Clarkson makes point. Does it end the speculation?

Derm: Hawthorn people never saw speculation. The message from Kennett was consistent. Clarko's first statement was that he would coach through 2022. We sat here and talked about that. [Huddo nods in agreement. Derm becomes increasingly intense in his delivery. Kingy has found his finger nails very interesting at this point and in desperate need of great concentration]. THEN Sam comes out and agrees with Clarkson. AND THEN the next go to action by the "protagonists" was that they didn't say it together. When will enough be enough? As a Hawthorn person it is irksome to hear media, and when we say media we mean predominantly Caroline [yes, he specifically names her], that is attacking this scenario. There is no noise coming out of Hawthorn. There are no statements from anyone that suggest anything other than what they are actually doing.

Huddo: But the arrangements have changed. Clarkson conceded this. When they announced it it was going to be Sam coaching the future and Alistair coaching the now and that's already changed.

Derm: How do you say that's changed?

Huddo: He said it yesterday.

Derm: No he didn't. [Followed by increasingly loud talkover yes/no/yes/no. Kingy suddenly finds something extremely interesting to look at on his computer]

Huddo: Tries to insist that Clarkson has admitted everything has changed yesterday. [Kingy looks up from his computer and has a sideways glance at Huddo not dissimilar to the glance you may give your crazy uncle were he to go off on the benefits of smoking meth every morning]

Derm: What? They are going to talk to each other and work together? That's change?

Huddo: I want to claim some sort of face saving point here so let me say that it's NOT EXACTLY like we envisioned in the first step.

Derm: I won't give you that. Coaching is a process of continually assessing and tweaking. This is no different and I won't let you claim it is. [Kingy purses his lips and decides he better have a good look at his computer again. Can even pretend that so finds that his coffee cup may be the most inspiring coffee cup ever created by man or beast]

Huddo: It's not exactly the same and he admitted that yesterday. [Kingy looks up from the coffee cup to glance at Huddo to see if he's really going to continue trying to make something of this]

Derm: Go back and listen. There no admittance that anything has changed. Clarkson is doing now. Sam is doing the future. And they've found some areas to adjust for better results. That's natural.

Huddo: I agree.

Derm: That's not change.

Huddo: Well, ok. [He doesn't mean Ok, but he knows that Derm won't let him escape and he just wants it to stop. [Kingy glancing at the computer, producers off screen and anything he can find.]

Derm: That's not change. There's been not one word which has been said that this is uncomfortable. It's all been kite flying or terribly bad information given to Caroline [Yes, he named her again] from somebody. And it's just got to stop. It's just trashing and organisation for the want to do it. [Kingy trying to hid his face now. Can't hide his thoughts, perhaps?]

Kingy: [I gotta break this up] Gives Derm humorous grief about being defensive about Hawthorn when he has a go at every other club in order to give Huddo an escape which Huddo gratefully accepts.

After watching this again in detail, the best bit was watching King. I wonder when I'll every think that again.

Derm: Hawthorn people never saw speculation. The message from Kennett was consistent. Clarko's first statement was that he would coach through 2022. We sat here and talked about that. [Huddo nods in agreement. Derm becomes increasingly intense in his delivery. Kingy has found his finger nails very interesting at this point and in desperate need of great concentration]. THEN Sam comes out and agrees with Clarkson. AND THEN the next go to action by the "protagonists" was that they didn't say it together. When will enough be enough? As a Hawthorn person it is irksome to hear media, and when we say media we mean predominantly Caroline [yes, he specifically names her], that is attacking this scenario. There is no noise coming out of Hawthorn. There are no statements from anyone that suggest anything other than what they are actually doing.

Huddo: But the arrangements have changed. Clarkson conceded this. When they announced it it was going to be Sam coaching the future and Alistair coaching the now and that's already changed.

Derm: No he didn't. [Followed by increasingly loud talkover yes/no/yes/no. Kingy suddenly finds something extremely interesting to look at on his computer]

Huddo: Tries to insist that Clarkson has admitted everything has changed yesterday. [Kingy looks up from his computer and has a sideways glance at Huddo not dissimilar to the glance you may give your crazy uncle were he to go off on the benefits of smoking meth every morning]

Derm: What? They are going to talk to each other and work together? That's change?

Huddo: I want to claim some sort of face saving point here so let me say that it's NOT EXACTLY like we envisioned in the first step.

Derm: I won't give you that. Coaching is a process of continually assessing and tweaking. This is no different and I won't let you claim it is. [Kingy purses his lips and decides he better have a good look at his computer again. Can even pretend that so finds that his coffee cup may be the most inspiring coffee cup ever created by man or beast]

Huddo: It's not exactly the same and he admitted that yesterday. [Kingy looks up from the coffee cup to glance at Huddo to see if he's really going to continue trying to make something of this]

Derm: Go back and listen. There no admittance that anything has changed. Clarkson is doing now. Sam is doing the future. And they've found some areas to adjust for better results. That's natural.

Huddo: Well, ok. [He doesn't mean Ok, but he knows that Derm won't let him escape and he just wants it to stop. [Kingy glancing at the computer, producers off screen and anything he can find.]

Derm: That's not change. There's been not one word which has been said that this is uncomfortable. It's all been kite flying or terribly bad information given to Caroline [Yes, he named her again] from somebody. And it's just got to stop. It's just trashing and organisation for the want to do it. [Kingy trying to hid his face now. Can't hide his thoughts, perhaps?]

Kingy: [I gotta break this up] Gives Derm humorous grief about being defensive about Hawthorn when he has a go at every other club in order to give Huddo an escape which Huddo gratefully accepts.

After watching this again in detail, the best bit was watching King. I wonder when I'll every think that again.

So according to Hudson what Hawthorn decides 18 months out they need to stick with and any adjustment to the plan no matter how sensible is a change which must be called out as its a sign of trouble at Hawthorn.

He is making Robbo look good.

So according to Hudson what Hawthorn decides 18 months out they need to stick with and any adjustment to the plan no matter how sensible is a change which must be called out as its a sign of trouble at Hawthorn.

The only point Huddo was making was NOT that it was sign of trouble, but that the description of the handover had changed.

Which it did.

Huddo is not Carolyn Wilson.

Derm possibly could have said "the only thing thats changed is that 2 blokes have more agreement on how they will work together"...

Derm possibly could have said "the only thing thats changed is that 2 blokes have more agreement on how they will work together"...
That would have worked better.

Great summation, love the King anecdotes. 😬
Knowing him he was probably playing fortnite during the Derm and Huddo exchange.
That’s about the limit of his pc abilities I’d imagine.

The only point Huddo was making was NOT that it was sign of trouble, but that the description of the handover had changed.

Which it did.

Huddo is not Carolyn Wilson.

The fact that he thinks it matters is what makes him like Caro.

Derm was right. Its nitpicking. If they didnt change the roles over 18 months we would be screwed. But ultimately the broad roles will be Clarko the now, Mitchell the future.

Which is what everyone would want.

The fact that he thinks it matters is what makes him like Caro.

Derm was right. Its nitpicking. If they didnt change the roles over 18 months we would be screwed.
You need to watch the exchange.

Huddo was perfectly reasonable. It's not nitpicking.

Will Clarko no longer be primarily in charge of now and Mitchell no longer primarily be in charge of the future ?
Not according to Clarko yesterday, no. Which is the point. Both of them will be involved in both.

Which isn't the end of the world; it doesn't mean we're ****ed, but it WAS a change

And the only reason he kept 'harping' on about it was because Dermie couldn't even acknowledge that there was any change.

Let's not look for enemies where there aren't any.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back