Coach Clarkson has left the building

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be so sure. A rumour is doing the rounds the scum have gotten there man and Brian Cook on a mega deal.
The Carlton board have been whipping themselves into a frenzy over it for some time.

They can put some money back into our soft cap, that would be lovely.

I wouldn't be so sure. A rumour is doing the rounds the scum have gotten there man and Brian Cook on a mega deal.
The story goes that in August they told Cerra that Clarko would be their coach (they assumed he couldn't say no to their massive offer, they had not even spoken to Clarko or his manager)

Now Cerra wants to play for Melbourne

I don’t know if the staff had the foresight to see it, but it looks like 2022 will contain quite a few big coaching rearrangements. Dew, Scott and Hinkley will be lucky to survive. Nobel, Longmuir, the new Carlton coach and Cameron would also be close to the edge of things don’t go well.

I don’t know if the staff had the foresight to see it, but it looks like 2022 will contain quite a few big coaching rearrangements. Dew, Scott and Hinkley will be lucky to survive. Nobel, Longmuir, the new Carlton coach and Cameron would also be close to the edge of things don’t go well.
Carlton coach be stiff if under pressure after 1 year

Carlton coach be stiff if under pressure after 1 year
Especially considering the new Carlton coach, if they get their way, will be on $12mill for 5 years. 🤣

I see Tom Browne has now suggested that their coaching search is down to Yze, Giansiracusa, Voss and B.Scott. Yikes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Tom Browne has now suggested that their coaching search is down to Yze, Giansiracusa, Voss and B.Scott. Yikes.

Yup. Those very coaches some posters on here think we should have spent more time considering and interviewing OVER hiring Sam, who would have been gone to the Wobblies.
You know, to fulfill some version of a 'process' that no one knows wasn't enacted.
We got luck, very lucky to have Mitch available and in house to evaluate.
Or maybe, just maybe.............WE HAD A BLOODY PLAN ALL ALONG. :think:

Yup. Those very coaches some posters on here think we should have spent more time considering and interviewing OVER hiring Sam, who would have been gone to the Wobblies.
You know, to fulfill some version of a 'process' that no one knows wasn't enacted.
Yep its looking very much like Clarko was cooked and Sam was chomping at the bit. The handover could have been handled better but imagine another year with Clarko for similar results while Sam was carving it up at the Pies. So many scenarios.

I think we have ended up ok out of it. Time will tell.

I’m old enough to remember Hawks fans being very bullish about the appointment of Knights (1994/95) Judge (1996-99) and Schwab (2000-2004). All of them were going to return us to the good old days of Kennedy/Jeans/Joyce.

Only Schwab got us anywhere near the pinnacle (and we slipped back down quickly). They all ended up with W/L records around 35-45%.

Sam hasn’t coached a single senior game of AFL football yet.

We won’t know what we have really got until he has coached a couple of seasons.

I’m old enough to remember Hawks fans being very bullish about the appointment of Knights (1994/95) Judge (1996-99) and Schwab (2000-2004). All of them were going to return us to the good old days of Kennedy/Jeans/Joyce.

Only Schwab got us anywhere near the pinnacle (and we slipped back down quickly). They all ended up with W/L records around 35-45%.

Sam hasn’t coached a single senior game of AFL football yet.

We won’t know what we have really got until he has coached a couple of seasons.
Would have to do some digging, but were any of those coaches long term assistants or part of flags as coaches before their appointment?

Would have to do some digging, but were any of those coaches long term assistants or part of flags as coaches before their appointment?
Knights was the senior coach of Brisbane for 3 years before returning to Hawthorn.

Judge was Parkin’s senior assistant at Carlton for their 1995 premiership before returning to Hawthorn.

Schwab was Richmonds senior assistant for 5 years before becoming Judges senior assistant for 2, then taking over.

In summary: a 3 year AFL senior coach, an AFL premiership assistant and a long term AFL assistant. All former Hawks and all had “big wraps” on them.

Kennett got spooked by Mitchell talking about Collingwood. There is no way what happened was even remotely planned.

Knights was the senior coach of Brisbane for 3 years before returning to Hawthorn.

Judge was Parkin’s senior assistant at Carlton for their 1995 premiership before returning to Hawthorn.

Schwab was Richmonds senior assistant for 5 years before becoming Judges senior assistant for 2, then taking over.

In summary: a 3 year AFL senior coach, an AFL premiership assistant and a long term AFL assistant. All former Hawks and all had “big wraps” on them.
Ahh yes, I remember knights at Lions now. Wasn’t exactly a superb coaching decision.

Judge had a pretty ordinary side at his disposal and a club admin trending backwards from memory.

I think overall, we’re a lot more critical and analytical of coaches these days than back in that era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back