Coach Clarkson has left the building

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko can barely bring himself to say Sam's name. He's always referred to him as 'Mitch'. Calling him 'this guy' says a hell of a lot imo
Very odd, given it’s been his nickname for 20 years at Hawthorn. 🙄

Clarkson finishing is not a bad result. They tried to finesse it to show respect to the greatest coach we have ever had, who happened to oversee the slide of the past 5 seasons.

It got messy, and now it’s become a cleaner cut. He will walk to Carlton or Collingwood and won’t look back. He has done the same with players near the end of their careers, so this should come as no surprise.

At the end of the day, as long as Clarko can walk through the door and be welcomed with open arms, that's what counts. The change was always going to come, it's him gets the send off he and us fans deserve that's important at this stage.

We all deserve better than this mess, but I'm happy to build a bridge so long as Clarko is happy, and Sam con do his job without baggage.

Specifically just mentioned Collingwood coaching gig and affirmed he’s contractually now free to look at offers. Could’ve dead batted that question. I thought his answer was revealing.

I mean he also said he wasn't entertaining offers for coaching next year. He said a lot of things you can read into.

Specifically just mentioned Collingwood coaching gig and affirmed he’s contractually now free to look at offers. Could’ve dead batted that question. I thought his answer was revealing.

and just as emphatically says he is not going to coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back