Coach Clarkson has left the building

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he just lacked polish....

Even with the ums and ahs he speaks more sense than 95% of the clownshow in Canberra. If he ran for office I am positive he'd get a lick of the ice cream.

Even with the ums and ahs he speaks more sense than 95% of the clownshow in Canberra. If he ran for office I am positive he'd get a lick of the ice cream.
So long as he was vaccinated, filled in the requisite forms & checked in to the ice cream serving facility

Suspect Clarko would need some radical media re-training to convert his 'in contention for silverware' into something more applicable for his constituents. I also think he'd struggle to trash talk his political opponents and perhaps their policies with any real conviction...

Suspect Clarko would need some radical media re-training to convert his 'in contention for silverware' into something more applicable for his constituents. I also think he'd struggle to trash talk his political opponents and perhaps their policies with any real conviction...

Hanson sounds like she’s having a panic attack every sentence she talks and butchers every third word. Barnaby Joyce sounds like he’s just had a stroke every time he talks and listening to Albo is like when a kid lets air out of a balloon and it makes that shrieking noise. I’d listen to a 10 hour YouTube loop of Clarko doing that smacking of his lips before saying ‘ahhhh’ to start his sentence over 5 minutes of any of those 3.

He would, however, need some training in not falling asleep during question time.

Hanson sounds like she’s having a panic attack every sentence she talks and butchers every third word. Barnaby Joyce sounds like he’s just had a stroke every time he talks and listening to Albo is like when a kid lets air out of a balloon and it makes that shrieking noise. I’d listen to a 10 hour YouTube loop of Clarko doing that smacking of his lips before saying ‘ahhhh’ to start his sentence over 5 minutes of any of those 3.

He would, however, need some training in not falling asleep during question time.

"The speaker calls the independent member for Hawthorn... Alistair, hello?" "Gee, can someone wake up Clarko, it's his question..."

Ah, yes sorry Mr. Speaker, I oh, as I was saying, we switched Dew from the half-back line early in the 3rd quarter because... Speaker interjects. "Mr. Clarkson, the question you have provided in front of me, is related to rebates for pensioners in your electorate not impacting their franking credits.."

Last edited:
What an absolute disgrace. If anyone here knows anything about football and it’s history they should be outraged. How many Alistair Clarkson’s do you think are out there? What he brought to Hawthorn cannot be measured. Integrity, discipline, ethics…. I could go on and on. To be treated like that by a club I have supported for decades just show’s they no longer deserve my support. And before you idiot trolls try and mouth off, I’ve met “Sammy” and Clarko and kennett and all the rest. When you work for an afl club for almost a decade you do come across certain people. I have lived and breathed hawthorn for more years than some of you have been alive. I have only met Clarko once and I can’t express how much he impressed us. Do you know what he was doing? Apologising for Sam Mitchell’s behaviour which was absolutely abhorrent! I will not support a club run by arrogant idiots who treat their legends with such ambivalent disregard. Those young men followed Clarko up the Kakoda track, as would we all! With what I know, I wouldn’t follow Mitchell to the ‘powder room’, even though I’m pretty sure he knows the way.

What an absolute disgrace. If anyone here knows anything about football and it’s history they should be outraged. How many Alistair Clarkson’s do you think are out there? What he brought to Hawthorn cannot be measured. Integrity, discipline, ethics…. I could go on and on. To be treated like that by a club I have supported for decades just show’s they no longer deserve my support. And before you idiot trolls try and mouth off, I’ve met “Sammy” and Clarko and kennett and all the rest. When you work for an afl club for almost a decade you do come across certain people. I have lived and breathed hawthorn for more years than some of you have been alive. I have only met Clarko once and I can’t express how much he impressed us. Do you know what he was doing? Apologising for Sam Mitchell’s behaviour which was absolutely abhorrent! I will not support a club run by arrogant idiots who treat their legends with such ambivalent disregard. Those young men followed Clarko up the Kakoda track, as would we all! With what I know, I wouldn’t follow Mitchell to the ‘powder room’, even though I’m pretty sure he knows the way.
Pretty sure we know who the troll is by reading this last sentence of your post, but anyway…

How old was Sam when this “absolutely abhorrent behavior” happened?

Pretty sure we know who the troll is by reading this last sentence of your post, but anyway…

How old was Sam when this “absolutely abhorrent behavior” happened?

hahaha “yeah anyway” I was waiting for it! No he wasn’t a young guy who was dealing with the media limelight and therefore can be portrayed as a victim of circumstance. Hey, I don’t blame you for defending the guy. Years ago I would have too. In fact all the things I’d heard before I met him I put down to the tall poppy syndrome and thought he couldn’t really be that bad. But maybe you have some insight to another side of his character that none of us got to see? Instead of trying to insult me why don’t you come back with some facts or anecdotal evidence to the contrary? Lol, have you ever heard the expression never meet your heroes? I don’t care if you are the moderator, making excuses for a grown mans behaviour and then throwing in an insult for good measure just makes you look pathetic, weak and devoid of any argument. Grow up butter cup and don’t let your rose coloured glasses blind you. I don’t think you have any idea what you’re talking about. (Hahaha now that’s troll!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha “yeah anyway” I was waiting for it! No he wasn’t a young guy who was dealing with the media limelight and therefore can be portrayed as a victim of circumstance. Hey, I don’t blame you for defending the guy. Years ago I would have too. In fact all the things I’d heard before I met him I put down to the tall poppy syndrome and thought he couldn’t really be that bad. But maybe you have some insight to another side of his character that none of us got to see? Instead of trying to insult me why don’t you come back with some facts or anecdotal evidence to the contrary? Lol, have you ever heard the expression never meet your heroes? I don’t care if you are the moderator, making excuses for a grown mans behaviour and then throwing in an insult for good measure just makes you look pathetic, weak and devoid of any argument. Grow up butter cup and don’t let your rose coloured glasses blind you. I don’t think you have any idea what you’re talking about. (Hahaha now that’s troll!)
You’re the poster that came on here to make claims of abhorrent behaviour and publicly denigrated someone's character, so it's actually you who has to back that up with some evidence.

You don't get to make these sorts of comments and then squeal when challenged.

Couldn’t even answer the question as to how long ago this was.

4CE4DB1E-19FE-4BB4-BFAB-04451EF3E35D.jpeg

I agree 100%.

So much so that both you & I should leave the site immediately & never return.

You go first.

D7826836-C38A-4C95-B038-950572C2E8FD.gif

Ok.

So what was this abhorrent behaviour?

Ok.

So what was this abhorrent behaviour?

Love that he’s likely judging Mitchell for something that happened when he was a much younger player and just ignores that he’s a far more mature person these days - also conveniently ignores that Clarkson had his misdeeds in the past that were far worse than Mitchell being a bit of a dickhead at a function.

People grow up - a shame some posters seemingly can’t.

Love that he’s likely judging Mitchell for something that happened when he was a much younger player and just ignores that he’s a far more mature person these days - also conveniently ignores that Clarkson had his misdeeds in the past that were far worse than Mitchell being a bit of a dickhead at a function.

People grow up - a shame some posters seemingly can’t.
We are getting ONE perspective of a single interaction, with no information as to the input of either party in this interaction, and no retrospective input from the other party... meaning there is absolutely basis to pay the slightest respect to it at all

Last edited:
are you old enough to drink milk yet?

Uhm, bye.
Hawthorn won't miss you.

Far Quinn hell! That's some 'elite' drivel

But I love a good melt. So don't listen to the trolls and post some more wisdom for us

Yeah right, nice troll..Essendon or Geelong I suspect!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back