News Clarkson news, media etc - he’s off into the Sunset!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caro has always acted with a chip on her shoulder, yes she was one of the few which attacked Essendon fairly during the drug scandal which won her some fans but that was simply due to her being outside of the "boys club". She unlike many other in the footy media is a capable journliast but she is heavily driven by spite and she keeps a long list of names.

Clarkson and Bellamy - **** I've been spoilt to have those two as the coaches of my two favourite teams over the past 17 or so years.
Yeah, I have had similar experience with Clarko and Scotty Bowman. Bowman coached 3 different NHL teams (of the 5 he coached) to 9 Stanley Cups (including 4 in a row at one point). Ridiculous.

I’ve read some crap but this wins it. As directed by a poster the other day I will f—k off and this will be my last comment on this board. If you genuinely believe the reporters are miles off your delusional. In the last 48 hours Mitchell and Clarkson contradiction or change on match day and future recruiting says it all about how quickly this has moved. Two press conferences in 3 days have inadvertently saved face for the board and the CEO. Bar the personal storys I’m absolutely certain the 2 most recent pressors content is as much policy or conciliatory appeasement not always fact but equally it says the 2 champions loyalty to the HFC is eternal. Go the Mighty Fighting!

Put up or shut up.
Otherwise, you're simply like the media which is being so openly despised on this forum
You too Tops.
And if you aren't first hand, you should hang your heads in shame.
Fancy backing second (or worse) hand knowledge OVER the words of the men involved themselves, especially Clarko and Sam.

Last edited:

I think that the reporting of spurious lies against one of the greatest ever coaches whose entire legacy from day one has been loyalty and integrity almost with brutality is frankly disgusting.

if I was a reporter unless I absolutely knew this to be the case I couldn’t conceive questioning the integrity of such a coach. It’s disgusting and is absolutely no different to defaming the greats whose statues sit around the MCG with made up stories to catch a headline. Is there no morals left in the media? Isn’t the desire to ultimately praise champions of our game rather than find ways to bring them down?

For the most part the media don’t phase me, but this time they really have pissed me off. There is no one who could rightly question Clarko or Mitchell or how our club would treat our champions unless they’re brainless, spineless or just have an agenda. It’s such BS, people like Caro are literally a disease on our game and I look forward to the amazing mentoring Clarko will provide Sam next year and the unity they will have in setting the stage for our future with them working in tandem to find new and innovative ways to accelerate our race to our next flag.

In the press conference on the Hawks site, about 7:30 to 8:10 ish. You may not agree but IMO in parts of that section he “choked up” talking about family and loss.

I don’t understand what the problem is anyway? It was clearly an emotional statement from Clarko, what is wrong with media reporting it that way?

Nothing wrong with reporting it, but context matters. In a vacuum it sounds like he was breaking up over losing the head coach role, which he wasn't. This presentation, amazingly, catches the emotionalism correctly:

1627073526955.png

LOL you've got no idea.
Using history is exactly how odds are configured in markets.
Lol, you've got no idea of how betting markets are framed.
Lol, you have no idea that historical performance is no guarantee of future success.
Lol.
Have you worked for a betting agency. Lol

I would prefer we didn't all turn on our own. Linda CRS broke the news here before the news broke that Sammy pulled out of the Collingwood role and it was good fun being ahead of the crowd for the past three weeks. And she continued to give good insight into what was being talked about in the circles of the club. Even though I didn't think she was reading the mind of all the primary players correctly, I was certain she had a finger on the pulse of what people were talking about there. Was good info. Shouldn't discourage it.

Without having an insiders knowledge or workings, or knowing anybody, I do believe based on both Sam’s and Clarko’s personalities, that there would be some conflict of interest between the pair. Both are proud, passionate, stubborn and professional. So it wouldn’t be surprising that there are going to be disagreements and a little bit of friction between the two. I also believe that they both have a mutual respect for each other and their professionalism will make this succession plan work.

The current board is the major concern for me. This succession plan seems to have been rushed, lacks transparency and lacks leadership since Dunstall left. With no one on the board challenging Jeff and Don Scott unfortunately no longer with us to call out the bullshit and demand some accountability. I strongly feel that it is the current board that will fail the succession plan, and not the two coaches.

I would prefer we didn't all turn on our own. Linda CRS broke the news here before the news broke that Sammy pulled out of the Collingwood role and it was good fun being ahead of the crowd for the past three weeks. And she continued to give good insight into what was being talked about in the circles of the club. Even though I didn't think she was reading the mind of all the primary players correctly, I was certain she had a finger on the pulse of what people were talking about there. Was good info. Shouldn't discourage it.
Its what happens here unfortunately.

People complain if ITK arent giving or sharing any info , then cop a barrage if they do and people dont like it or its not 100% .

Last few trade periods have been particular embarrasing and I'm suprised some still provide any intel at all .
Though its much appreciated by most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Linda is not reporting crap, made up or otherwise. Just be thankful we will all move on from this because AC will not involve himself in Club politics, wishes to rise above them, and genuinely is motivated by what is in the best interests of the Club. Unity is the only way to get there. He wants Sam and by extension the Club to be supported.
But at some point the motive to share information that goes directly against Clarkos own words needs an eyebrow raised. Relatively speaking everyone here is just a punter and fan talking footy, so who cares if facts are not shared if they are in the best interest of protecting the club and the people in it.

Even if the information may be true it goes directly against Clarkos own words and by the very point your making is not in the best interest of the club. It further clouds and creates more speculation instead of backing up Clarko and Sam as they have first/second hand information of what is occurring.

I see it more of an issue now (not earlier on) that the information continues to go against Clarkos own word, and it feels rather contradictory to share the information (even if true) on the basis that it is the exact thing Clarkson himself is wanting to do, in puting the club first.

Last edited:
I’ve read some crap but this wins it. As directed by a poster the other day I will f—k off and this will be my last comment on this board. If you genuinely believe the reporters are miles off your delusional. In the last 48 hours Mitchell and Clarkson contradiction or change on match day and future recruiting says it all about how quickly this has moved. Two press conferences in 3 days have inadvertently saved face for the board and the CEO. Bar the personal storys I’m absolutely certain the 2 most recent pressors content is as much policy or conciliatory appeasement not always fact but equally it says the 2 champions loyalty to the HFC is eternal. Go the Mighty Fighting!

Please don’t bow down to the Nay sayers!There are some of us that do really appreciate you insight even though it may not be what we would prefer to be hearing !Linda CRS you are appreciated here!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is about time someone starts to give it back to the "Caro's" and "Dammo's" of the AFL Media!!!! Even better when it is in a passionate, articulate and well spoken manner!!! Well played Dicko!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back