News Clarkson to step away from football indefinitely

Remove this Banner Ad

Are there any suggestions out there who leaked the report? Was it before Hawks got their hands on it, or was it someone at the club?

Are there any suggestions out there who leaked the report? Was it before Hawks got their hands on it, or was it someone at the club?
Everyone seems to pick their villain.

What possible motive would anyone at Hawthorn have for leaking this to the media and having our club's name irreparably tarnished the way it has? That's utterly insane. Do you honestly think Hawthorn likes seeing their club logo brandished on every TV channel, newspaper and website, month after month, underneath sensationalist headlines of "RACISM", "FIASCO" and "BROKEN"

There was one reason why details of the report were leaked: the complainants & those working on their behalf feared the report would be swept under the rug by Hawthorn and/or the AFL. They needed to grease the wheels in order to have their stories heard by everyone, apply some public pressure and bring their chances of compensation closer to fruition.

This is from Russell Jackson's initial article published on the ABC website...

There is frustration among the families that Hawthorn has only offered them assistance since becoming aware of ABC Sport's investigation, and that the club has made no public comment on the report's findings despite being in receipt of the allegations for weeks. Three families at the centre of the investigation have told ABC Sport about the grief and trauma caused by their experiences. On account of their complex mental health challenges, and the need to protect their children, their names have been changed.

Everyone seems to pick their villain.
You know it was most likely Egan or someone else working on behalf of the complainants. Why pretend otherwise?

zJx8UxK.png

Last edited:
What? Clarkson can say what he likes, he has not been cancelled.
There's a chance he should be sacked for his alleged crimes but that is different.
Can’t help but notice Aristotle, that you’ve now started to preface your accusatory rants with the word “alleged”. Previously you were just making the most moronic, and potentially defamatory statements, with no qualifying filter at all.

Starting to get a bit nervous are you, or perhaps the mods have told you to pull your head in? Maybe you better go back and edit all your previous posts while you can.

Last edited:
Can’t help but notice Aristotle, that you’ve now started to preface your accusatory rants with the word “alleged”. Previously you were just making the most moronic statements, with no qualifying filter at all.

Starting to get a bit nervous are you, or perhaps the mods have told you to pull your head in? Maybe you better go back and edit all your previous posts while you can.
He could be doing that as we speak. Has made quite a clown of himself in these forums. May explain why he’s disappeared the last 24 hours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t look at any suicide as s**t happens
sorry for your loss
Either do I.

It was a bitter remark to cover the hurt and waste.

I know other people who went thru the same stuff and things worked out for them but they all lost the chance to grow up with their family.

Are you saying he should break the confidentiality agreement he made?
He refuses to be questioned until he sees the statements , medical records , emails etc of the accusers.
Unbelievable , Procedural fairness is one thing but getting access to all other material before you commit to a position is not kosher.

He refuses to be questioned until he sees the statements , medical records , emails etc of the accusers.
Unbelievable , Procedural fairness is one thing but getting access to all other material before you commit to a position is not kosher.
Maybe he wants to present particular documents with his statement to the inquiry.

Shouldn't he be able to do that?

Maybe he wants to present particular documents with his statement to the inquiry.

Shouldn't he be able to do that?
yes, he needs to make himself available to be interviewed . That is all.

he has avoided it like the plague yet screams i am a victim.

Using the demand of wanting all those personal details prior to be questioned is unbelievable.
At the moment he is stalling to see what he can get away with before committing himself to any position In particular .

Either do I.

It was a bitter remark to cover the hurt and waste.

I know other people who went thru the same stuff and things worked out for them but they all lost the chance to grow up with their family.
W e lost a very special 20 year old, one of my daughters closest friend, to suicide, its been 7 years but its not getting much easier.
if only She knew how loved She was and how much support She had, and that her newly diagnosed illness would never have changed that.
cheers

not if you dont recall ever having said those things to anyone, i dont blame him at all.

not if you dont recall ever having said those things to anyone, i dont blame him at all.
He needs to tell the enquiry what did happen. Stop playing the victim .

We all know why he does not want to discuss what happened with them, this is why he wants to see all there statements , medical records, emails etc. its called damage control.

Sounds pretty standard to me. It’s called discovery in a normal trial where both sides get access to the evidence.

He needs to tell the enquiry what did happen. Stop playing the victim .

We all know why he does not want to discuss what happened with them, this is why he wants to see all there statements , medical records, emails etc. its called damage control.
He isthe victim of a media campaign to get him,

seethe post below yours, he is entitled to know who is saying what.

None of us know why he doesn’t want to discuss it, it’s all speculation

Sounds pretty standard to me. It’s called discovery in a normal trial where both sides get access to the evidence.
It's not a trial though, so I don't know what rules they agreed to at the start.

W e lost a very special 20 year old, one of my daughters closest friend, to suicide, its been 7 years but its not getting much easier.
if only She knew how loved She was and how much support She had, and that her newly diagnosed illness would never have changed that.
cheers
Yeah it sucks. I'm sorry.

Back