Discussion Clash in the GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Also I think if St.Kilda didn't mind wearing a non-traditional jumper in 97s grand final they shouldn't care now.

You're right, but I'm not sure who's complaining about it, I think most people accept that these two teams preferred kits clash, and one of them has to change.

Poor form by Collingwood on the jumper issue once again.

They had the opportunity to let both teams run out in traditional jumpers and actually gain some credibility on this issue, but instead they're running some rubbish line about finishing top just to get their own way. And poor form by St. Kilda for bending over and taking it so meekly. What makes this situation even more ridiculous is that Collingwood caused this clash by reversing their jumper in 2001.

I don't know why they resist using their traditional white jumper so much, I actually think its more "Collingwood" if you know what I mean. I can remember in Round 15 when they played Port@AAMI they rocked up in their black top and black socks, and Port was wearing their away socks with their home kit. WTF?!

If I was a Saints fan I wouldn't be happy. :thumbsdown:

Thank God we don't have to see this hackjob of a "traditional" jumper:
CollingwoodClash-4.png

I hope the Pies have woken up to this, which may be a contributing factor to their somewhat selfish stance here.

However, I think the right decision have been made here - Collingwood should be entitled to wear their main jumper since they finished on top, in such a line ball call as to whether the teams clash.
You could almost get away with St Kilda wearing their normal strip with white and white-topped socks, but there would be a hell of a lot of black and white running around.

One has to look at the socks, too: Collingwood wear solid black, so that confirms them as the "black" team here, whereas St Kilda do have significant white and red in theirs.

FWIW I think St Kilda's clash is fine as it is, and they should be happy to wear it on Saturday. Hopefully we get to see their main jumper in the presentations ;)

Poor form by Collingwood on the jumper issue once again.

They had the opportunity to let both teams run out in traditional jumpers and actually gain some credibility on this issue, but instead they're running some rubbish line about finishing top just to get their own way. And poor form by St. Kilda for bending over and taking it so meekly. What makes this situation even more ridiculous is that Collingwood caused this clash by reversing their jumper in 2001.

I don't know why they resist using their traditional white jumper so much, I actually think its more "Collingwood" if you know what I mean. I can remember in Round 15 when they played Port@AAMI they rocked up in their black top and black socks, and Port was wearing their away socks with their home kit. WTF?!

If I was a Saints fan I wouldn't be happy. :thumbsdown:
Collingwood have had nothing to do with these jumper decisions. Its all the AFL.

Collingwood have had nothing to do with these jumper decisions. Its all the AFL.

I know it was the AFL's decision but the club could've been proactive on the issue and suggested that they employ their whiter stripe because its clearly the best compromise for the teams involved. And history will tell you that the AFL obviously have a problem with getting some clubs to embrace the clash strip concept, making St Kilda the softer target here.

It would be interesting to see if the AFL would've enforced the same conditions on Collingwood if the ladder positions were reversed (if this is the official reasoning for it).

I know it was the AFL's decision but the club could've been proactive on the issue and suggested that they employ their whiter stripe because its clearly the best compromise for the teams involved. And history will tell you that the AFL obviously have a problem with getting some clubs to embrace the clash strip concept, making St Kilda the softer target here.

It would be interesting to see if the AFL would've enforced the same conditions on Collingwood if the ladder positions were reversed (if this is the official reasoning for it).
When have Collingwood ever been helpful or compromised on the issue of clash kits, they dont even have a pair of clash socks. I dont see them starting with a GF that might be their firstg Premiership for 20 years.

I would also like to see what the AFL wouldve done with their bum-chums down a Collingwood if the tables were turned.

If it was Port that had to wear their clash I would be dissapointed to start with but Id get over it and concerntrate on supporting my team on the biggest day of the year.

The AFL caused the jumper clash problem, they are the ones responsible for fixing it.

When Collingwood adopted the Black with White stripes jumper StKilda were still wearing the Red Crusader jumpers.
When StKilda changed back at Rod Butterss' whim, the AFL should have enforced their existing rule that said it was StKilda's responsibility to have a clash jumper ready for games where the tri-panel was going to clash.
However, they saw the dollar signs in creating more jumper designs for big clubs, and went with that.

If the Grand Final looked like this, no-one would even mention clash jumpers.
Collingwood-2009.gif
StKilda-2000.gif

I agree with what you're saying Mero, but it doesn't change the fact that Collingwood need to be forced to have a proper clash design (including socks), and enforce its use when necessary.

I agree with what you're saying Mero, but it doesn't change the fact that Collingwood need to be forced to have a proper clash design (including socks), and enforce its use when necessary.

I don't get why their white jumper isn't a proper clash jumper, it solves clashes against any dark teams.
The only issue I see is that their dark jumper doesn't solve a clash against North (which the AFL even says but refuses to make them change). Personally I think Geelong should be considered a clash as well but no one seems to care so I guess it's not an issue.

As for their socks I don't know why they got rid of their white hooped ones but I've never been worried over socks. Some people say you need them to see who's at the bottom of packs but when players are in packs like that it's usually a ball up anyway so it doesn't matter.

I don't get why their white jumper isn't a proper clash jumper, it solves clashes against any dark teams.

this

If we wear white shorts and Collingwood wear black shorts there's barely a clash at all, I'd like to see it actually trialed.

and this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back