Opinion CLASH JUMPER

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope it never changes. Make it a part of who we are, as important as the yellow on black.

I've seen so much of the premiership yellow over the past 48 hours I've almost forgotten what our traditional jumper looks like!
I've said this in other threads too

It's part of our history now. Let's keep it forever unlike other clubs who get rules by the marketing department, and make it a permanent part of the club like the original is.

The Tigers won a flag in it, it can never be taken away now.

I said when you guys first brought this out a couple of years ago that it was the best clash jumper in the comp. It's even first in the song; "YELLOW and Black". Now that you have won a flag in this it should become an iconic piece of Richmond history. No other 'clash' jumper ever needed.

Also the marketing opportunities in WA should be obvious to everyone. Get Rance over there flogging 'em off to every kid in Perth and ask the AFL to play both teams in Perth every year for the near future.

Agree with the call for a sash on the back too -

Richmond-2014-Clash_zpsb5e5983b.png

This clash jumper is historic, and as such should never change.

I was filthy on the AFL for making us wear the clash, but proud of the way the club handled it. Staying in the jumper post game. Turning up at the official after party, and the Family Day in the clash. It is now a part of history and the basic design shoule not be changed.

RFC_Official I believe you are getting feedback like this. Please pass it on.

Cheers, and Go Tiges!!!

It's one of the best in the league, hence it'd be awesome if Essendon did that invert for their away colours..

It has always confused me that Essendon went for the Gray first and then the double sash sort of look.

We did a similar thing with our first clash that had a weird side panel and a few other unnecessary features.

The simple invert (save for the no sash on the back) has proven to be the most popular clash jumper even with the few loud opponents to it.

It's now part of our history and shouldn't ever change.

I said when you guys first brought this out a couple of years ago that it was the best clash jumper in the comp. It's even first in the song; "YELLOW and Black". Now that you have won a flag in this it should become an iconic piece of Richmond history. No other 'clash' jumper ever needed.

Also the marketing opportunities in WA should be obvious to everyone. Get Rance over there flogging 'em off to every kid in Perth and ask the AFL to play both teams in Perth every year for the near future.

Agree with the call for a sash on the back too -

Richmond-2014-Clash_zpsb5e5983b.png
And a tiger is predominantly yellow with black stripes too so it actually makes more sense .regardless...it is a symbol of our new found glory! It must stay!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind it for the home and away season. Would have preferred the regular jumper for all the finals, but ultimately, not going to complain too much because a flag's a flag.

That aside, I don't see why the clash issue is a big deal anyway. Who complained about Collingwood vs North in the 1977 GF?

Anyone know where the push to have clash jumpers came from? I don't recall there being complaints from fans about jumper clashes.

why isnt this jumper sold anymore? its sold out but ive been told they wont restock it, they would make so much if they did

Agree that we seem to do better with the umpires in the yellow jumper. Prefer the black and did not see the clash. But happy with the yellow jumper after Saturday

You blokes have the best clash strip in the league, it screams Richmond. I've been arguing on the Main Board for the past fortnight with some about how they don't think it's traditional, blah blah blah. Well, now you have created a new tradition. I hope you keep it as your second jumper and don't revert to some horrid white thing, or plaster a cartoon tiger all over the front of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back