Clash jumpers- Grand Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Smell The Glove

Cancelled
Jun 26, 2006
Patching up coaches box facilities
AFL Club
Carlton
Didnt put this on the main board-not putting up with the inevitable Carlton trolls.

Just curious to know- what happen with the clash jumper situation during a Grand Final? I'd hate to think that when (and we will) we make the Grand Final, if we were playing the Dees or whoever we have a 'clash' with, we would potentially be forced into ditching the Navy Blue for the sake of colour clashes. Has the AFL clarified this? And what do you think?

I'd be happy to watch the boys run out on grand final day 2007 in pink tutus to play against Melbourne, if it just meant we were playing off for a grand final. And if that happened, I'd be there in my replica pink tutu (purchased from the club shop, thus bringing revenue to a cash-strapped organisation) and cheering the boys on!

The team that finishes higher on the ladder during the regular season should get their home jumper for the grand final, and lets leave it at that. Given we would only expect (statistically) to play Melbourne in a grand final once every 250 years, I think the benefits of clash jumpers should be weighed pretty heavily against this...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back