Clash Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
I read that the outgoing Mr Burke has stated that there WILL be clash jumpers next year either club provided or NFL provided.

What Clubs need it? Against who? Will Your Club have the money for clash jumpers or accept the NFL one? Will this be for all three senior grades or is this an issue for juniors?

Interested in people's thoughts. Apparently this is due to the GF, I can see that the Bulls and Mont can clash but interested in what people from those clubs recon.

With a quick look...
Division 1
Bundoora vs Montmorency
Bundoora vs Whittlesea (if at Bundoora)
Heidelberg vs Northcote Park
Heidelberg vs Whittlesea
Heidelberg vs Eltham
Northcote Park vs Greensborough
Macleod vs WPL

Division 2
Fitzroy Stars vs Diamond Creek
Epping vs Diamond Creek
Epping vs Fitzroy Stars
Mernda vs Diamond Creek
Lalor vs Mernda
Hurstbridge vs Epping
North Heidelberg vs Mernda
Panton Hill vs Mernda
Panton Hill vs Fitzroy Stars

Division 3
Reservoir vs St Marys
Parkside vs Sth Morang
Thomastown vs Heidelberg West

Lalor and Panton Hill is no problem with Mernda given our move to blue.

North Heidelberg and Diamo are clubs we do clash a fair bit with. Here's one I whipped up in about five minutes for North Heidelberg, based on the 2011 Melbourne clash jumper; yeah, paper is bent a bit, also my drawing skills aren't magnificent...

8ca6b59e74a137cc04d141091d4c3cfa_zps12f55e8f.jpg

Lalor and Panton Hill is no problem with Mernda given our move to blue.

North Heidelberg and Diamo are clubs we do clash a fair bit with. Here's one I whipped up in about five minutes for North Heidelberg, based on the 2011 Melbourne clash jumper; yeah, paper is bent a bit, also my drawing skills aren't magnificent...

I think you mean Diamond Creek

8ca6b59e74a137cc04d141091d4c3cfa_zps12f55e8f.jpg

Ah great, as a design enthusiast and advocate of clash jumpers I've been waiting for a discussion on clash jumpers in the NFL. I was reading the article in the Leader where Jeremy Bourke spoke about the Bundoora/Mont GF. I think a lot of clash issues in the NFL (and AFL) can be solved by the home team wearing white shorts on a few occasions, especially in finals where there is no 'home' team. If Bundoora wore Navy shorts with their jumper and Mont wore white, there wouldn't have been an issue. Anyway I've got a few designs for a few teams:

Bundoora: vs Montmorency & West Preston
fr67.png

Eltham: vs Heidelberg
kd7q.png

Greensborough: vs Northcote Park
yuxd.png

Heidelberg: vs Eltham & Whittlesea
jwa5.png

Montmorency: vs Bundoora & West Preston
ba7.png

Northcote Park: vs Greensborough, Heidelberg & Whittlesea
q5uc.png

West Preston: vs Bundoora & Montmorency
mh0x.png

Whittlesea: Worn vs Heidelberg & Northcote Park
on3v.png

and while we are on it has anyone from the league thought of a clash strip for the umpires seem the clubs seem to be asked to keep handing over $$$$$$$ maybe if the umpires changed we could some changes just a thought

and while we are on it has anyone from the league thought of a clash strip for the umpires seem the clubs seem to be asked to keep handing over $$$$$$$ maybe if the umpires changed we could some changes just a thought

Surely the grey in the NFL logo would work as a colour scheme (perhaps with a bit of yellow too). Doesn't clash with anyone as far as I can see.

Well done Workhorse. Obviously a lot of thought has gone into your suggestions.
There would not be many clubs over the three divisions that have an away jumper.

workhorse they are amazing wouldn't mind you having a go at ours
Yeah mate I'll knock up some Div 2 & 3 ones at soon

Should also be worth noting:
* the Heidelberg clash idea I believe they wore a few years ago
* Northcote Park & Whittlesea actually wear those clash jumpers
* West Preston wore that blue jumper vs Montmorency in a home game last year but not sure if they wore it this year

Greensborough , Eltham, Montmorency & Bundoora I came up with

It seems to be a trend that teams are wearing a couple of different jumpers in one-off games over the past few years. From remembrance Hurstbridge & West Preston wore Heritage Jumpers last year whilst Greensborough, Bundoora & Monty (that I know of) have worn charity jumpers. So clubs obviously have the money to buy extra sets of jumpers so I can't see forking out an extra couple of thousand for a clash set being a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is one of my pet hates with the NFL, when the new NFL came in they swept out everything to do with the old (mostly with good reason). But changing the umps from bright orange that stood out and clashed with knowbody to the current uniforms that clash with plenty of team jumpers was just stupid.

Well done Workhorse. Obviously a lot of thought has gone into your suggestions.
There would not be many clubs over the three divisions that have an away jumper.

What a cracker WH ! Welldone !
Panton Hill has always had an away jumper ... all white lower front and all the back with the red & black stripes & spider at the top front of the jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back