Clash Strip/Away Strip

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Hello Carlton Board,

This will be a real quick one. With umpiring being in the media so much and a lot of people talking about free kick count differentials and all that crap, I wanted to do a more in depth look at the frees that a team gives away. I believe that looking at what a team gives away is the best way to try and get some trends since when we Tiger supporters whine about umpires the usual response is "thats how you play".

To this end I also want to add some colour theory and Home Ground analysis to the mix. Richmond, Carlton and Port are the clubs I think would be best to use for colour theory as our home jumpers are dominated by dark colours and the clash are light colours. As an aside, I have decided to not do with this Essendon as some quick research shows that Red can evoke negative responses like dark colours (also it is one of the colours, with yellow that makes you hungry and why almost all fast food chains have one of those colours).

So with that large preamble, since 2019 (I am not sure if you have had to adopt a clash jumper against new sides since then), which sides do you typically wear your clash strip with?

Thanks for your time

Potentially limited by sample size, but theres a reason we only did the M&M light blue guernsey once - we lost the free kick count 24-14!!!

Still won but...

I dont think its prudent to have HTB’s included in the free kick count. If your team is tackling well it makes it seem the umpires are helping you.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back