Class of 2013 Who is the best? Kelly, Bontempelli, Cripps, Crouch or Merrett?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Kelly
2. Cripps
3. Merrett
4. Crouch
5. Bontempelli

Bont is like that kid in under 11s who started puberty earlier than everyone else. Therefore making him dominate for a year or so, but then eventually falling behind the other players. All of Crouch, Cripps, Kelly and Merrett have performed at a consistently elite levels for a few years. Bont only had one good year, and coincidentally it was when the bulldogs were performing well.

The thing that separates players like Cripps and Merrett from Bont is that the later two have performed at elite levels when their teammates are crap.

Would love to see Cripps in a winning side.

This may sound stupid but is Cripps really good because there is no one else at Carlton or does that make him even better.

I guess what im getting at is if Carlton had more players winning the ball and more class around Cripps would Cripps still get it as much.

Kelly number 1 for me but only just. Watched him first hand last week against Richmond and * the bloke is so clean.

Cripps number 2
Bont number 3

1. Cripps
2. Bont
3. Kelly
4. Merrett
5. Crouch

Cripps is by far the cream of the crop. Bont can just do things these other guys can't. Consistency yes is key for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A great bunch of players, but there is something more impressive about Cripps. Doesn't mean he'll have the best career, or be the most damaging, but I'd wager he is the most satisfying list inclusion.

The giants midfield grunt with the class of Kelly and Coniglio at the forefront is a scary proposition.

Close this thread, the other one already has hundreds of pages and there is virtually no difference.
Hard to believe Ben Brown didn't make the title either...

A great bunch of players, but there is something more impressive about Cripps. Doesn't mean he'll have the best career, or be the most damaging, but I'd wager he is the most satisfying list inclusion.

The giants midfield grunt with the class of Kelly and Coniglio at the forefront is a scary proposition.
I tend to agree about Cripps being the most valuable. Kelly averaged 5 clearances last year with Coniglio out most of the year though. You'd really really have to swap them to be certain.
Cripp's role in the Blues midfield is dictated by needs, pretty clear that Lenny Hayes preference is to use Kelly outside when we have that luxury.
There's also the question of whether it's easier to stand out in an even midfield and support all around you, or being forced to play more of a lone hand.
In Cripp's favour Ward had a great year in 2015 with less outside support and struggled with effective disposals more than Cripps does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back