Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
leeds united,minnesota timberwolves
starts 7two on sunday morning at 3:30am i think
first match is 01 aus open semi-final between Aggassi vs Rafter
only 2hrs 30 mins so they will prbley cut about a hr out of it :(

Geez what a great time, virtually the only time I'm ever up at that time is if I'm out. Oh well...
And will it be like footy flashbacks where for some reason they only show the same games?

Geez what a great time, virtually the only time I'm ever up at that time is if I'm out. Oh well...
And will it be like footy flashbacks where for some reason they only show the same games?

no idea,looks like the afl is done
monday is 95 QF Sampras vs Courier :eek: nearly 4 hrs

My PVR is going to get hell of a workout, just had a look at the guides for that week, apart from one night they are showing one match every night, includes Roddick/El Anyoui, Hingis/Caparti 2002 final, Lendl/Cash 1988. Just awesome.

My PVR is going to get hell of a workout, just had a look at the guides for that week, apart from one night they are showing one match every night, includes Roddick/El Anyoui, Hingis/Caparti 2002 final, Lendl/Cash 1988. Just awesome.

where u get the tv guide for next week from ?

Federer-Safin 2005 semi-final is probably the only big-name classic I've missed in my time of watching the open... would love to be able to tape it

Federer-Safin 2005 semi-final is probably the only big-name classic I've missed in my time of watching the open... would love to be able to tape it

Would liek to get my hands on that one a swell.

Must get the PVR ready to record all of these.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some classics on this week including
sun 2am-Roddick vs Safin 04 qf
mon-12:15am -Mcenroe vs sanchez 1992
tues -1:30am-Sampras vs Aggassi -1995 final
wed -2am -Phillippoussis vs Sampras - 1996
Fri - 12am - Safin vs Agassi - 04 sf
sat - 2:10am Nadal vs Hewitt - 05

sun 2am-Roddick vs Safin 04 qf

Watched that one last night. Quality match. I forgot how much tennis Safin actually played in that tournament.

def Vahaly 6-2, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4
def Nieminen 7-6, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
def Martin 7-5, 1-6, 4-6, 6-0, 7-5
def Blake 7-6, 6-3, 6-7, 6-3
def Roddick 2-6, 6-3, 7-5, 6-7, 6-4
def Agassi 7-6, 7-6, 5-7, 1-6, 6-3

Must have been pushing some records. No wonder he couldn't put up much a fight against Federer in the final.

Right now watching Edberg v Lendl, 1991 semi final.

Seriously, it makes you realise how s**t tennis is these days. Lendl used to be the most boring player on the face of the planet, but even he had an exquisite array of shots, a beautiful single handed backhand, and great proficiency when he approached the net - which he is currently doing far more often than any of the current top players usually do.

Neither of them are blasting backhand winners with the ferocity of someone like Nadal, but this is how the game is supposed to be played. Points are being won with guile and placement, not blasting their opponent off the court.

Also, you've gotta love Lendl's long socks and legionnaire hat. The guy had no style, but by Christ he could hit a tennis ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back