Universal Love Classic Carlton Games

Trevor Keough, Barry Amrstrong, Percy Jones and Jezza. Only seen them about 2 or 3 seasons each.
Why was Vinny Cattoggio not out there. Was there just too many mosquito fleeters to fit him in also ?
He had some competition Ashman, Keogh, Marcou & Buckley.
Had a cult following the Cat

Sep 10, 2003
Exile
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
1981 GF tomorrow 💪

Keep an eye on Dominator in the second quarter.

One minute Gubby Allen is doing footy next to number 7, the next he’s sitting on the pine wondering why his jaw goes sideways......quickest left since Lionel Rose.

No report.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
He had some competition Ashman, Keogh, Marcou & Buckley.
Had a cult following the Cat
I am fairly sure at first Marcou was often an emergency and Catoggio always played. Then at some point it reversed and Vinny, The Cat's spot was no longer guaranteed.At first I assumed he was regular feature in 1979 but I guess that must have been the season it happened. all those guys were capable of kicking 4 goals on their day but guys like Ashman, Sheldon and Jimmy Buckley were seen as rovers mostly that could play up forward, where Cat and Marcou I guess were seen more as small forwards that could not play full games in midfield. It is a shame Cat never got to play in a premiership for someone that was such a cult hero.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
So sis picked today’s game my pick next just can’t go past a flag might go 1981
Time on of third quarter is my favourite simply because it was only point in day, I realized we could actually lose.
Mark Williams kicks a goal that puts Pies 21 points up. time on of third quarter. I think to myself, s**t, 21 points down will be real hard to peg back. Then enjoy the mosquito fleet take over.....my brief doubt was virtually snuffed out in two minutes.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
1981 GF tomorrow 💪
Robbo found God on that day. When Collingwood were on top in the third quarter I got down on my knees and prayed. “Not us please, not us”. Suddenly the game turns. Many years later in 1990 God finished the work started on that day and * paid the price. Pack of heathens.

1981 GF tomorrow 💪
Was there. Dad could only get kids standing room tickets so prayed on the gate attendant casting a blind eye to that on the day. Was there at a sparrows fart, on the fence, jolimont end forward pocket. Don't think I was allowed to drink in case I needed to go to the toilet.

So much fun for a country kid to watch the game up close and soak in the atmosphere.

Was there. Dad could only get kids standing room tickets so prayed on the gate attendant casting a blind eye to that on the day. Was there at a sparrows fart, on the fence, jolimont end forward pocket. Don't think I was allowed to drink in case I needed to go to the toilet.

So much fun for a country kid to watch the game up close and soak in the atmosphere.
What a fab memory to have, we jammed into the family lounge room standing room only !

Blues177

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Robbo found God on that day. When Collingwood were on top in the third quarter I got down on my knees and prayed. “Not us please, not us”. Suddenly the game turns. Many years later in 1990 God finished the work started on that day and * paid the price. Pack of heathens.

In the mid 1980's a friend from uni who is a blues man said to me.... "If God told me Collingwood will finally win a flag and who would I like them to beat? I would say to God Essendon".

Wish came true...

Round 12 1995. Carlton v Geelong on Foxtel tomorrow starting at 3.30pm.
Classic Game watched it a few weeks ago, Optus Oval packed to the rafters, Bradley BOG, Glen Manton debut
Brad Pearce kicked 4

next time we met them was the GF

Back