Universal Love Classic Carlton Games

Remove this Banner Ad

The ultimate moment for me, and my first live game to boot as a 12 year old kid down from Ballarat with his nanna, was the round 14 match versus * at Windy Hill 1975. The second quarter had it all. 14 goals 1 point, went for 40 minutes, and had the biggest stoush at half time which included dudes from the crowd, trainers, coppers. Was a completely psycho introduction to VFL footy for a little country kid, to say nothing of the feral * fanatics on the terraces. I can still remember my nan clutching my arm as we made our way through the mob, tisk tisking the language. I loved it!! Would love to see that quarter again.....

Back in 93, family came back to Oz from the UK and my dad managed to score tickets to the qualifying final against Essendon where we snuck in by two points, we had to go back to London the day we played Adelaide and I remember (very pre internet) running down to the shop in Pimlico to get the result (against Adelaide). Sweet. Two weeks later not so sweet Old man thought they had a printing * up and called home, only to result in the awful truth..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dorotich got as many Brownlow votes as he had kicks that day in ‘92....
Absolutely killed plugger, looked ominous at the start but didn’t touch it after half time

Dorra had mongrel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back