bunsen burner

Hall of Famer
Veteran 30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 12, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
What is going on here?

They have 9 segments for the summer and the first segment is made up of the 3 best catches from last summer. I'm quite happy to see them again, but it will look a bit stupid if McGrath wins it with a catch from last summer - and I can't see anyone beating that one.

Also: Did McGrath (or either of the other 2 catches) actually win it last year? If not, why not?, and if so, why is he eligible to win it two summers in a row?

:confused:

It could be to get people involved in the Classic Catches comp for this season. Usually the first lot of catches are from Domestic games, and as yet they haven't had any to cover.

I don't think those three will be eligible to win.

It's been 26 years since I last seen this video yet I swear I can pretty much remember all these catches.

They must have replayed this segment ad nauseam that summer. Some great catches though.

Hahaha I remember the Boony one vividly. I loved the little bastard.

I can also tell you that the phone numbers for the catches almost correspond to the 'memorable moments' number on Wide World Of Sports. The third-last digit was '2' on WWOS instead of '5' on classic catches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back