(Log in to remove this ad.)

NonPhixion

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns
Can only speak for UFC fights as I don't watch boxing.
Rory Mcdonald Vs Robbie Lawler II is the craziest fight ive ever seen.

The staredown they give each other at 2:56 legit sends chills down my spine.
Just absolute savages going at it. amazing.

Diego Sanchez Vs Gilbert Melendez would have to be 2nd place. Diego just in psycho mode the entire fight and the two just start swinging in the final 10 seconds. crowds reaction says it all.

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Can only speak for UFC fights as I don't watch boxing.
Rory Mcdonald Vs Robbie Lawler II is the craziest fight ive ever seen.

The staredown they give each other at 2:56 legit sends chills down my spine.
Just absolute savages going at it. amazing.

Diego Sanchez Vs Gilbert Melendez would have to be 2nd place. Diego just in psycho mode the entire fight and the two just start swinging in the final 10 seconds. crowds reaction says it all.
I pi**ed myself laughing when they announced that one, you knew how it was going to go before it even happened, two genuine come forward tough units, was a gift to the fans.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Kostya had effective footwork that suited his style in the professional ranks - he adapted well. If you watch Tszyu in the amateur's against Vernon Forrest you will see that he had impeccable timing and footwork. With all those amateur fights, honing and working on the basics (like footwork, positioning, and timing) it provided Kostya a good foundation for the pros. It is just that he adapted a different fighting style in the professional ranks, and that is what made him so effective. Zab Judah had great handspeed and reasonable footwork but Tszyu had great timing, power, and also effective footwork. He didn't waste time bouncing around. Tszyu knew what worked for him in the pros, whereas if you watch some of his amateur fights you'll see a different fighter (as he adapted himself to the amateur ranks before he turned pro). He regularly out punches Vernon Forrest in their amateur fight and often beats him with speed, timing and positioning. It is no easy feat to do that against someone who holds such a long reach advantage over you. In the pros he sat down on his punches and used his power - that is why he footwork slowed, but don't let that fool you, he used his feet to put him in positions to do serious damage. That is what the pro's are about. If you get the KO you don't need the judges and you won't be conned.
Showed 3 of his fights just now on Fox. I fu**en loved it. I remember the Judah fight well and watched the Jesse James fight when it was on, and the Sharmba one. But fu** I forgot how good the last two were. People at the time were complaining with JJL not continuing but that was a good fight for as long as it went. He was right in it until the last 1-2 rounds,then his eye was f’ed as well as his ear drum.

He just destroyed Sharmba Mitchell the 2nd time around. I remember the finishing two knock downs, but forgot the first two. Brutal. Much like Judah he came out guns blazing in round 1. He got caught very much like Judah in round 2.

fu**en beautiful.

Top Bottom