Club Legend
Oct 1, 2010
Spearmint Rhino
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bench Press, Brad Miller, Beer
G'day fellas and shelias

Name a Game are having their famous $10 a game next week and my brother is a huge North supporter and his birthday is very soon and I'm willing to invest about $200 bucks = 20 games for him.

As you would presume my knowledge on North is not good and I don't know games he would like, I've been reading old threads from Mastermind (Top stuff :thumbsu: and was wondering if people could pile a list of abut 20 games that a true North Melbourne supporter would love.

Thanks,

Mr Budda Bing

Rd 1 2002 v Port Adelaide, Archer's 200th
Good North Melbourne people know why this was such a great win, not just because of the Milestone

Round 12 2010

North Melbourne Vs Carlton

Round 22 1998. North v Bulldogs for top spot on the ladder. 68k attended and it was a classic.

I actually have that game on DVD and watched the second half of it today. Great game. Last quarter went for about 36 minutes!

Lots of great games in 93. Collingwood game at vic park where we won by 82 pts was awesome - knew it was really the start of something great that day. Also matches v Carlton and footscray that year well worth watching - and of course the essendon game already mentioned. Love Peter Mckennas commentary in that match!

Rd 3, 1994. 100+ pt victory over Hawks, who we hadn't beaten for over a decade till that night.

1985 - North v Hawthorn 10th June at MCG - best result for North til we wupped their ass in the early '90's (Drawn game)

1994 - Second qualifying final North Melbourne v Hawthorn at Waverley.

1998 Pre Season Grand Final North v St Kilda at Waverley

1976 - North V Carlton 5 June at Princes Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Andy, what about this?

Highflier.jpg

Crikey! the big CHO!!!

where is this, looks like Skinner reserve?
I was at that game but can't quite recall the Richo fly. Do yah blame me? Anyways my Richmond supporting bro believes it was that praccy game.

Other things to note from that match.

• Greg Miller did my membership renewal that day.
  • A Richmond supporter standing behind those goals that Richo flew high was half cut but good value.
  • Scott Turner found him funny as he made fun of Warren Campbell's "Pretty Boy" Tatt.
  • He also tried stirring the Duck saying "Wayne, Wayne, don't play hard to get Wayne.
  • Richmond won the match. Dangles wasn't happy.

Yeah I know, my memories are idiotic. :stern look

Last night's game and last week were some good match's. Was looking for a thread on the main board and this one came up, why not stop by.

Roos vs Eagles top open season 1998 was a beauty. Simpson kicked the winning goal ironically. The game at Football Park against the Crows another cracker. Going back to the initial match and Roos ending the Eagles finals and season campaign in 1997 coming back from 32 down a monster performance as was Carey's 7 against us the week before.

against the Lions at the G in 1999, a nother North classic. Many to name, always enjoyed the Northerner 's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back