Club Legend
Oct 1, 2010
Spearmint Rhino
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bench Press, Brad Miller, Beer
G'day fellas and shelias

I come in peace, as many of you know I love to bag Melbourne but I do have small soft part in my heart for them, very small.

Name a Game are having their famous $10 a game next week and my sister is a huge Demons supporter, I'm willing to invest about $100 bucks = 10 games for her.

Was wondering if people could pile a list of abut 10 games that a true Melbourne supporter would love.

PS: Great choice for Trenners, always prefered him over $cully.

Thanks,

Mr Budda Bing

These are the ones I'm getting during the sale.

Can't beat a final but I suppose it depends on how old she is - if she's 18 then games from the early 90's aren't going to mean much. In fact games from most of her teenage years aren't going to be all that memorable.... But if she lived the 90's or early 2000's there are a lot of good, forgotten games.

Round 22 1990 vs Hawthorn
Round 20 1991 vs North
EF 1991 vs Essendon
Round 22 1992 vs Sydney
SF 1994 vs Carlton
QF 1994 vs Footscray
Round 11 1996 vs Fitzroy
Round 1 1997 vs Kangaroos
Round 15 1997 vs Carlton
SF 1998 vs St Kilda
Round 4 1999 vs Hawthorn
Round 22 2000 vs West Coast
Round 14 2003 vs Carlton
Round 6 2004 vs Carlton
Round 18 2004 vs Hawthorn
Round 1 2005 vs Essendon
Round 20 2005 vs Geelong
Round 21 2005 vs Western Bulldogs
Round 22 2005 vs Essendon
Round 11 2007 vs Collingwood

Ta, Had the Troy Broadbridge and Bulldogs game in 2005 already down :thumbsu:

Ohhh Biff, what happened to the Wiz? Should have never gone to Freo.

I remember going to the queen's birthday match in 2000 and Farmer kicking 9. He was a gun.

I have been trying to get my hands for years a State of Origin game on DVD. Obviously the one's featuring Lyon, Neitz, Tingay and YZE ... But also the ones feature Ablett, Lockett and Dunstall up against Modra, Jarmen and Kernahan. Hopefully it's in stock this sale

I have been trying to get my hands for years a State of Origin game on DVD. Obviously the one's featuring Lyon, Neitz, Tingay and YZE ... But also the ones feature Ablett, Lockett and Dunstall up against Modra, Jarmen and Kernahan. Hopefully it's in stock this sale

Make sure you email them first with the games you're keen on so they can tell you if they're covered under the $10 sale. Apparently anything they haven't mastered to DVD before is OUT.

Great timing for the sale.

I just watched this today: mms://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/ONDEMAND/2008/ON/iVideo/Premiership/RD07/NV_Rd07_MelbourneVFremantle.wmv?WMBitrate=2621440&MSWMExt=.asf

Will buy 2 copies, 1 for me and for my mate who is a new Melbourne supporter.

Round 20 2005 vs Geelong
Round 21 2005 vs Western Bulldogs
Round 22 2005 vs Essendon

Great list, but this streak here is amazing! 3 great comebacks in a row to make the finals from NOWHERE!

But Supermercado, you omitted one of our most meritorious victories:

• the win against the Cheats in 2005 in their last match at that hovel.
Oh, what joy and rapture !!!!!

I remember going to the queen's birthday match in 2000 and Farmer kicking 9. He was a gun.
All in the second half.

What year was it, 2007? Coming from 50 points down at half time to beat Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the last game at Princes Park. That was a sweet sweet feeling rubbing the Blues' fans faces in it.

In hindsight, probably wasn't the safest idea.

06 final against the saints would be one for me, coming from behind, when we all thought Mclean would be our next captain!!!

Also another great memory, i am not that old....

Beating Brisbane right before they were a superpower??? at the Gabba when we sold games there, down by about 50 at half time???? maybe 03?

My brother is a Fitzroy/Brisbane supporter and had written it off, me being like 12 was still optimistic and called him back when we were making charge hahaha good times

edit maybe more like 2001 or 2002?

I was at the last game at Princes Park. That was a sweet sweet feeling rubbing the Blues' fans faces in it.

In hindsight, probably wasn't the safest idea.

Was a great game to be at - I think there was only a couple of hundred Melbourne supporters let in that day. Was great to ruin it for them and at the end when they played the Blues theme song was great to walk down the Legends Stand steps ripping out "Grand Old Flag" - got some pretty disgusted looks but stuff 'em we won the game!

Mentor, that Brisbane game was 2002.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back