Classic Mini SNES

Remove this Banner Ad

Japanese exclusives:
- Panel de Pon (a competitive Tetris-style game)
- Super Soccer
- Legend of the Mystical Ninja

Everyone else:
- Castlevania IV
- Punch-Out!
- Kirby’s Dream Course

Well we win that easily.

Wrong. Japan also have Fire Emblem. That alone tips it in Japan's favour.

lol

DDa_hgzXUAEhHhK.jpg

I think you can get a SNES pretty cheap from Japan.
Yes but my existing games will not work in the Japanese console otherwise I need to get it modded.

I also have games I purchased when in Japan that do not work on my console :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but my existing games will not work in the Japanese console otherwise I need to get it modded.

I also have games I purchased when in Japan that do not work on my console :(
Well then all the more reason to buy one from Japan. I've seen some on Yahoo auctions with massive collections of games.

Yep - a little battery in each cartridge.
So its not the SNES itself that has a shoddy battery, its the games. Replace the battery in the cart.

So its not the SNES itself that has a shoddy battery, its the games. Replace the battery in the cart.
Yes, that's what I meant in my original post - sorry. I don't particularly want to pull a) the cartridges apart in case I break them to replace the battery or b) the console to play the cartridges purchased in Japan in case I break it.

Please let me justify spending $120 on the SNES classic without asking questions ;)

Well then all the more reason to buy one from Japan. I've seen some on Yahoo auctions with massive collections of games.
Or another reason to go back to Japan to get one myself. I was *this* close to bringing another one back with me anyway.

Last edited:
Tempted to pre order another one so can I sell it on eBay for a ridiculous price lols.

Problem with that is after the ridiculous prices people were paying for the NES one, there will be countless people trying to do the same thing. I'd expect there to be a huge pool of people trying to flog a second one making them harder to move for an inflated price.

Plus you know, scalpers are *s

Problem with that is after the ridiculous prices people were paying for the NES one, there will be countless people trying to do the same thing. I'd expect there to be a huge pool of people trying to flog a second one making them harder to move for an inflated price.

Plus you know, scalpers are ****s

You think online places and shops online in the US have a 1 per customer limit.

I just bought a second one to give to my nephews (really, just the older nephew) for Christmas. They don't have any video game experience that I know of, so I'm starting them off with some stone cold classics. Games don't get much better than Mario World, Link to the Past, Donkey Kong country etc.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back