Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
“ I’m so desperate for just one exclusive breaking trade story im
just repeatedly calling up clubs and asking about anybody ...somebody! Even when the club official says no, i’ll tweet it and it counts as quality reporting as to let you know such and such player is not going anywhere.”View attachment 969216

You are assuming Browne and for that matter most other 'AFL media scribes' actually get to speak to anyone, aside from perhaps a receptionist or someone's PA at any club...?
Unlike the old days all clubs now have very strict protocols regarding any coach/player/board member or general staff dealing with the media. With all clubs having their own websites and other member resources for communication and aside from their match day media obligations with post match pressers and player interviews, clubs simply have no need or interest for further discourse with any media outlet or journo.

Accordingly, in the majority of cases most of the media's so-called club 'sources' and/or 'inside intel' is either from former players of said club (usually also in the media) or it's quite simply fabricated speculation/rumour/innuendo etc.

I'd also go as far to suggest there are a few BF posters that have better knowledge and/or intel than some of the so-called AFL 'news breakers'....

Last edited:
Is Tom Browne a robot that just needs a reboot?

I prefer the Rocky IV robot!

rockyrobot.jpg

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
You are assuming Browne and for that matter most other 'AFL media scribes' actually get to speak to anyone, aside from perhaps a receptionist or someone's PA at any club...?
Unlike the old days all clubs now have very strict protocols regarding any coach/player/board member or general staff dealing with the media. With all clubs having their own websites and other member resources for communication and aside from their match day media obligations with post match pressers and player interviews, clubs simply have no need or interest for further discourse with any media outlet or journo.

Accordingly, in the majority of cases most of the media's so-called club 'sources' and/or 'inside intel' is either from former players of said club (usually also in the media) or it's quite simply fabricated speculation/rumour/innuendo etc.

I'd also go as far to suggest there are a few BF posters that have better knowledge and/or intel than some of the so-called AFL 'news breakers'....

You’re contradicting yourself there Tom.

I’m not assuming you know jack #### about anything...because you tweet and “report” the same inane gibberish that 97% of the average BF posters pump out without a moments thought to consider if it’s information that remotely interesting.

I’d also go as far to suggest there is nothing you say in your nonsensical tweetles that warrants a sliver of attention from anyone except members of your own family.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Tom.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tom Browne is by far the best journalist in the Australian sports media landscape. He just gets the job done and he does it with grace and humility.
If it wasn’t for the correctly placed full stops and accurate spelling I would have sworn you are Tom himself.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
Tom is just about the most entertaining thing about this season... how can people not like him.

I hope he’s writing a diary. I’ll have a copy for xmas.

Kebabs and bush safaris: My wacky year in the AFL hub
I said it before and I'll say it again, he should be boundary riding all big games and doing special comments, would be absolute gold.
A real life "Mike Moore".

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
This mid sentence. Full stop placement habit. Is truly bizarre.

I can’t think of one single professional journalist* or commentator that writes the way TB does.

Not to disrespect anyone with autistic traits of character, but there’s clearly something amiss with the boy’s brain.

Either that or he thinks it’s really cool and unique to write paragraphs like a monkey at a typewriter.

This conundrum keeps me awake. Pondering on many nights.

Back