Classical Music

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MEB_

Mumma Mebbie
Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
I have a 5 month old baby who is incredibly hard to put to sleep. I downloaded a lullaby app and Canon in D Major had him asleep by the end of the song! Can anyone recommend some similar tunes that I can try?

blaargh

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2009
Elsewhere
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have a 5 month old baby who is incredibly hard to put to sleep. I downloaded a lullaby app and Canon in D Major had him asleep by the end of the song! Can anyone recommend some similar tunes that I can try?
Go for a hush collection CD - Australian and designed for kids. Profits to charity as well I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Running Dog

Club Legend
May 24, 2007
on the run...
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
EFFC, Perth Heat, Cardinals
My Mum used to use brandy. But in these modern times - can't you just download a nap?

MC Bad Genius

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I've downloaded 3 or 4 but they're not doing it for me the way this one song does, but I'm over putting it on a loop. I thought someone might have an actual recommendation.
One of my most favourite pieces of music is this one from Debussy. Whenever I make a bedtime playlist for my wife and I, this is always at the end.

Basically, anything from Debussy will work. Incredibly beautiful.

Also, one of my friends is teaching himself piano just to be able to play this piece, which I'm pretty sure would be really helpful for you:

HARKER

Hall of Famer
Oct 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
One of my most favourite pieces of music is this one from Debussy. Whenever I make a bedtime playlist for my wife and I, this is always at the end.

Basically, anything from Debussy will work. Incredibly beautiful.

Also, one of my friends is teaching himself piano just to be able to play this piece, which I'm pretty sure would be really helpful for you:

Just got back from seeing Debussy played by the MSO at Hamer Hall tonight.

It was something but something better followed composed by a dear friend of mine.

Gibbke

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
South Launceston, Tassie Tigers
I've downloaded 3 or 4 but they're not doing it for me the way this one song does, but I'm over putting it on a loop. I thought someone might have an actual recommendation.
Mate, pm me your address and I'll send you the cd that got my daughter to sleep every night for the first 3 years of her life. It's a magic cd, I'm not kidding - tried others with no success, but this one was forged by Satan himself, probably because his own little demonlings were driving him nuts and keeping him away from the last quarter of twilight matches...

You're a Carlton supporter so I really should be charging, but I like Brendon Bolton too much to be harbouring grudges, so it's one dad to another. Put the Hawk logo on your signature if we win the flag, that will suffice...! She's also 6 now, and we're encouraging her to clean out her playroom and donate her "little kids" stuff...!

Top Bottom