Classical Music

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems as though his next release, Island Songs is not to far away as he has been putting up a number of teasers on youtube over the last few weeks which chronicles his 7 week journey across Iceland to record a series of compositions.
Sounds good.

I have a 5 month old baby who is incredibly hard to put to sleep. I downloaded a lullaby app and Canon in D Major had him asleep by the end of the song! Can anyone recommend some similar tunes that I can try?

Go for a hush collection CD - Australian and designed for kids. Profits to charity as well I believe.

I have a 5 month old baby who is incredibly hard to put to sleep. I downloaded a lullaby app and Canon in D Major had him asleep by the end of the song! Can anyone recommend some similar tunes that I can try?

My Mum used to use brandy. But in these modern times - can't you just download a nap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've downloaded 3 or 4 but they're not doing it for me the way this one song does, but I'm over putting it on a loop. I thought someone might have an actual recommendation.
One of my most favourite pieces of music is this one from Debussy. Whenever I make a bedtime playlist for my wife and I, this is always at the end.

Basically, anything from Debussy will work. Incredibly beautiful.

Also, one of my friends is teaching himself piano just to be able to play this piece, which I'm pretty sure would be really helpful for you:

One of my most favourite pieces of music is this one from Debussy. Whenever I make a bedtime playlist for my wife and I, this is always at the end.

Basically, anything from Debussy will work. Incredibly beautiful.

Also, one of my friends is teaching himself piano just to be able to play this piece, which I'm pretty sure would be really helpful for you:

Just got back from seeing Debussy played by the MSO at Hamer Hall tonight.

It was something but something better followed composed by a dear friend of mine.

I've downloaded 3 or 4 but they're not doing it for me the way this one song does, but I'm over putting it on a loop. I thought someone might have an actual recommendation.
Mate, pm me your address and I'll send you the cd that got my daughter to sleep every night for the first 3 years of her life. It's a magic cd, I'm not kidding - tried others with no success, but this one was forged by Satan himself, probably because his own little demonlings were driving him nuts and keeping him away from the last quarter of twilight matches...

You're a Carlton supporter so I really should be charging, but I like Brendon Bolton too much to be harbouring grudges, so it's one dad to another. Put the Hawk logo on your signature if we win the flag, that will suffice...! She's also 6 now, and we're encouraging her to clean out her playroom and donate her "little kids" stuff...!

In terms of beautiful music, I can't ever tire of Debussy's "Clair de Lune" ... but be careful if you're trying to find a version on Spotify though. There are SO many bastardisations of it (why mess with something so perfect), as well as pianists that play it with a horrible feel.

This is what I find hardest about getting into classical music. I've been wanting to give some a listen for ages (and I have given some of the better known ones a listen) but I don't know whose performances I should be listening to to get the best interpretation of the music.

This is what I find hardest about getting into classical music. I've been wanting to give some a listen for ages (and I have given some of the better known ones a listen) but I don't know whose performances I should be listening to to get the best interpretation of the music.
Honestly, there is no ‘best’ interpretation - just pick 4/5 artists and pick your favourite (then follow down the rabbit hole).

trust your ears and instinct. I would start with Yoyo-ma and work outwards from there - but that’s just my taste.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back