Delisted Claye Beams (2009-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Claye must be pretty excited about playing AFL with his older bro - I know I would be. Hopefully he can get a full run at the preseason. We haven't really seen what he has got up until now IMO. Would be fantastic result if he had a 18+ game season.

He is involved in one of the McStay highlights on the Lions website.....a 30 metre handball to a moving target....pure genius.

I've been going through our wins on afl.com. man does Claye show some great potential. His efficiency passing and in front of goals is elite. All he needs is to build some consistency and he could have a real break out year in 2015. Hopefully his brother + the will to win drives him forward!

I've been going through our wins on afl.com. man does Claye show some great potential. His efficiency passing and in front of goals is elite. All he needs is to build some consistency and he could have a real break out year in 2015. Hopefully his brother + the will to win drives him forward!
Agreed. I think he can be a really dangerous half forward for us. His games VS Collingwood and the Bullies really showed how well he can play.

Agreed. I think he can be a really dangerous half forward for us. His games VS Collingwood and the Bullies really showed how well he can play.

Definitely. Even against Melbourne and Carlton, he did some brilliant stuff. The goal he kicked from a mark right on 50 meters out. Consistancy in Claye could do so many things for our team when combined with our already epic midfield. He and Rich coming off the half back flanks !

If true it is a bit risky to say the least. He is talented but hasn't really set the world on fire considering the amount of season he has been playing with us. I wonder if a clause in Daynes contract stated that Claye had to be given a extension before he signs... I have the same feeling with Hanley and his bro as well...

If true it is a bit risky to say the least. He is talented but hasn't really set the world on fire considering the amount of season he has been playing with us. I wonder if a clause in Daynes contract stated that Claye had to be given a extension before he signs... I have the same feeling with Hanley and his bro as well...
He's played less than 30 games and has hardly been able to get on the park until last year. I don't think there would be one player in the league that has or could have set the world on fire if they were in his shoes. With that being said I felt that he showed that he is in our best 22 towards the end of last year. In my opinion his potential outweighs his risk of injury.

It's only a two year extension. If it was a five year deal, sure, but Beams has shown enough to be worth another two years. He'd definitely shown more than Close when he signed a three year deal, for example.

It's only a two year extension. If it was a five year deal, sure, but Beams has shown enough to be worth another two years. He'd definitely shown more than Close when he signed a three year deal, for example.

I 100% agree with this. Beams' potential is quite high and judging by his training, new role and work ethic, he will have agreat 2015.

Oh, and he's in my DT as a roughie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fair to say that he (and Lester) might have been pushed out of reckoning for the midfield by the addition of his brother, Christensen and Robinson and the return of Redden. But if he's pushed out of the team it will be because he hasn't grabbed the chance offered to him in the backline, nothing to do with D Beams.

To be fair he did/does have to redefine his game

He's gone from a half-forward to a half-back/back pocket. Not sure the recruitment of another midfielder was the difference there.

The point is that there were some oddly twisted comments from some Pies fans saying that Dayne would relegate Claye to the reserves. I think they might be disappointed. If anything, his position in the side looks stronger than it ever has before.

Dayne Beams excited to be playing alongside younger brother Claye for Brisbane Lions

THE backyard dream will become a reality under the bright lights of the national stage for the Beams family on Saturday night.

Dayne and Claye Beams always hoped to play together at the highest level even as they engaged in typically ferocious brotherly battles at their Gold Coast family home.

And tonight, they have a common enemy.

Claye said having his brother at the Gabba was still surreal.

“Even though there’s been a fair bit of hype around this game, it probably won’t really sink in that it is finally happening until I see him chuck the Lions jumper on before we run out,’’ he said.

“I’ve been excited to have him back in town. We probably only saw each other two or three times a year but now we see each other every day which is terrific.’’

How good is claye going to get. Last weekend was probably one of his better games and he just seems to have strong clean hands and can kick both legs. And he also seems to be super evasive with sidesteps and breaking tackles. Gee I just hope he turns out as good as his brother.

How good is claye going to get. Last weekend was probably one of his better games and he just seems to have strong clean hands and can kick both legs. And he also seems to be super evasive with sidesteps and breaking tackles. Gee I just hope he turns out as good as his brother.

I honestly think he can be as good as his brother as long as his body is right. The poor kid hasn't had much luck with injuries in the past.

I honestly think he can be as good as his brother as long as his body is right. The poor kid hasn't had much luck with injuries in the past.
I hope for his sake more than ours as supporters. After choosing afl as his preferred sport he has had a shocking run. Hopefully he can stay fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back