Recommitted Clayton Oliver [re-signed until 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be 4 in the team, one of whom is 33 years old, with the rest being 22 or under.

Stupid post.

Three number 1 picks, plus a number 1 pre draft pick you traded in. Plus a number 1 who just retired, plus a number 3 in the reserves, plus a number 3 you traded in, plus a number 5 you traded in, and two other pick 6's as well. Carlton supporters are the last ones who should be criticising Geelong's drafting. In the modern era we have never even had access to those pick numbers.

Anyway this is off topic and based on a humorous post to start with.

Three number 1 picks, plus a number 1 pre draft pick you traded in. Plus a number 1 who just retired, plus a number 3 in the reserves, plus a number 3 you traded in, plus a number 5 you traded in, and two other pick 6's as well. Carlton supporters are the last ones who should be criticising Geelong's drafting. In the modern era we have never even had access to those pick numbers.

Anyway this is off topic and based on a humorous post to start with.

In the Carlton team that didn't make finals this season there were 4 top 5 picks. One is 33yo and the other 3 are 22yo or under.

You can waffle anyway which way you like, but those are the facts.

Very close member to the Oliver family says he won't be leaving this period, a few clubs have already enquired (North, Blues and Bombers so far). But Sydney offered him huge money a couple years ago, but he didn't wanna leave VIC so expect them too still monitor him. They don't know what he'll do but says he's desperate for success, I'd say that crosses Carlton out..

Very close member to the Oliver family says he won't be leaving this period, a few clubs have already enquired (North, Blues and Bombers so far). But Sydney offered him huge money a couple years ago, but he didn't wanna leave VIC so expect them too still monitor him. They don't know what he'll do but says he's desperate for success, I'd say that crosses Carlton out..
It’s an interesting concept to leave a club to chase success. I understand in the back end of your career but Oliver is young and Melbourne isn’t exactly stuck down the bottom. Surely the likes of Oliver Viney Petracca Brayshaw want be a part of driving the success and culture.

It’s an interesting concept to leave a club to chase success. I understand in the back end of your career but Oliver is young and Melbourne isn’t exactly stuck down the bottom. Surely the likes of Oliver Viney Petracca Brayshaw want be a part of driving the success and culture.
Melbourne isn't a great football team, they aren't good enough to contend but aren't bad enough to be in the bottom 4, mid table type side, 2018 seems like an over achievement now but yeah theres still quality there. I don't know thats what just what was said, and frankly it doesn't effect Collingwood so I don't really care but thought it'd be alright to put it here.

Melbourne isn't a great football team, they aren't good enough to contend but aren't bad enough to be in the bottom 4, mid table type side, 2018 seems like an over achievement now but yeah theres still quality there. I don't know thats what just what was said, and frankly it doesn't effect Collingwood so I don't really care but thought it'd be alright to put it here.
Yeah no worries. Not doubting what you said. Just commenting on the concept of leaving for success in this scenario.
Things can change pretty quickly as we’ve seen with teams.

Geez, poor guy - imagine the conversation with his manager:

Oliver: "I'm desperate for success - where could I get it?"
Manager: "Well, I have offers here from North, Carlton and Essendon."
Oliver: "..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which one is it then? :p

Theres always one that takes things out of the context. lol, They know he'll be staying, they don't know what he'll do next year is what I'm saying.

Simple to assume that if Melbourne don't play finals in 2021 then Clarry leaves ?

Yes I'm sure Oliver's family would just be offering up his "future plans" to people.

🙄
This is what I love most about all these supposed "ITKs" on Bigfooty.

Ed Curnow lives down the street from you, so apparently he details all the inner workings of the club because why the hell not.

First of all, why would players know this much about list management in the background
Second, why the hell would they be openly sharing what they know with randoms
Third, why would these people who are perpetually leaking information continue to receive said info

Not to mention the majority of information shared is never actually validated, or can't be, so they can thrive off a 10% hit rate yet never be called out on the other horseshit. "Sydney are enquiring about Harry McKay" - nothing eventuates, yet people circlejerk over learning about this apparent insider knowledge. Doesn't matter if there isn't an ounce of truth to it, because you'll never be proven "wrong". I firmly believe anyone could attain ITK status with a fresh account if they know what they're doing. It's the same principles used by the cold reading psychics

Yes I'm sure Oliver's family would just be offering up his "future plans" to people.

🙄
Did they outline everything? No
Did they go into massive detail? No
Did they give him Claytons entire life plan? No
Did I also say a lot can change in 12 months? Yes.

Just because you don't like what has been said or agree with it doesn't mean you sulk about it, I didn't bring this up in the convo, they did.

Did they outline everything? No
Did they go into massive detail? No
Did they give him Claytons entire life plan? No
Did I also say a lot can change in 12 months? Yes.

Just because you don't like what has been said or agree with it doesn't mean you sulk about it, I didn't bring this up in the convo, they did.

Sulk? Nothing to sulk about.

You made a claim and then gave yourself an out by adding "a lot can change in 12 months".

This is what I love most about all these supposed "ITKs" on Bigfooty.

Ed Curnow lives down the street from you, so apparently he details all the inner workings of the club because why the hell not.

First of all, why would players know this much about list management in the background
Second, why the hell would they be openly sharing what they know with randoms
Third, why would these people who are perpetually leaking information continue to receive said info

Not to mention the majority of information shared is never actually validated, or can't be, so they can thrive off a 10% hit rate yet never be called out on the other horseshit. "Sydney are enquiring about Harry McKay" - nothing eventuates, yet people circlejerk over learning about this apparent insider knowledge. Doesn't matter if there isn't an ounce of truth to it, because you'll never be proven "wrong". I firmly believe anyone could attain ITK status with a fresh account if they know what they're doing. It's the same principles used by the cold reading psychics

There are two ITKs on the Carlton board I’d absolutely trust, one hasn’t posted for 2 years now.

Information doesn’t really slip from club land unless they absolutely want it to, in most cases the journos are onto it first anyway.

The bolded I 100% agree with and I’m sure there are many on bigfooty doing it as we speak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back