Uncontracted Clayton Oliver [OOC 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

Skull Face

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
If he wanted out and I don’t know how it’s been kept quiet for so long it would have to be 8 and future if he was OOC. Given his in contract I’d be wanting more.
FWIW I thinks there’s a reasonable chance Oliver had an issue. In fact I’ve heard that off people but not sure of the legitimacy of it. However issues weren’t at a level of him leaving necessarily.
He obviously has no problem with staying which would be why it hasn't come out, maybe he wants to leave but understands its almost no chance of happening. Gibbs the 2nd time around was pretty quiet until the deal was almost done.

markm106

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He obviously has no problem with staying which would be why it hasn't come out, maybe he wants to leave but understands its almost no chance of happening. Gibbs the 2nd time around was pretty quiet until the deal was almost done.
Yeah but there’s been zero legitimate noise so far. Doubt it’s about to start.

markm106

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Like I said it is probably more to push the Dodo brain into accepting our Saad offer, been reported in the media all the other list managers are ready to tell him to gagf.
In that case Dodoro would likely know Carlton are speaking crap re Oliver. IMO Saad gets done for next years first. And a pick maybe coming back to.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Matthew lloyd whose brother is your head of football said Carlton don't have any money left for a big name player after they get Williams and Saad.

This rumor was always baseless, made up by some Carlton muppets on Bigfooty who are ITK unless they are wrong (which appears to be regularly)

Devastating Boris

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Matthew lloyd whose brother is your head of football said Carlton don't have any money left for a big name player after they get Williams and Saad.

This rumor was always baseless, made up by some Carlton muppets on Bigfooty who are ITK unless they are wrong (which appears to be regularly)
You have to remember that most blues supporters are still in denial that Williams is on $5M for 6 years. Saad will claim another $600-650k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skull Face

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton

We had enough free cash to spend 2mil on cogs and papley last year, that in itself proves Lloyd is talking out of his arse.

Don't take my word for it though the proof will be when Cripps signs an extension over the summer.

Devastating Boris

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
Melbourne
We had enough free cash to spend 2mil on cogs and papley last year, that in itself proves Lloyd is talking out of his arse.

Don't take my word for it though the proof will be when Cripps signs an extension over the summer.
Is it going to be more than the deal he hasn’t signed in front of him now?

It’s not going to matter soon anyways. Dees and Oliver are discussing what we wants to stay. He’ll get it too. Majority of May and Lever’s coin will be off the books next year.

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah I am highly doubtful Clarry will be traded (at this year)

He may want out of the Dees, but they are certainly not obliged to trade him whilst under contract.

Skull Face

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Is it going to be more than the deal he hasn’t signed in front of him now?

It’s not going to matter soon anyways. Dees and Oliver are discussing what we wants to stay. He’ll get it too. Majority of May and Lever’s coin will be off the books next year.
Less if we got a player like Oliver, heavily front ended if we don't is the rumour. We will see, Oliver will still be at Melbourne next year and that gives you guys 12 months to make him happy again ala papley.

Remove this Banner Ad