Uncontracted Clayton Oliver [OOC 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

GWT6

Debutant
Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Big news to hit by tomorrow midday! Will only happen if a deal can be done though. Watch this space!!!!
Sounds like you have a bet each way.

You haven't actually said what it is, so if anything at all happens you can claim to be correct.
If nothing happens - a deal couldn't be done.

The bullshit on this one is pretty obvious.

Sir Hugh Percy

BigFooty Aristocrat
Jun 7, 2012
Earlthwaite Manor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sounds like you have a bet each way.

You haven't actually said what it is, so if anything at all happens you can claim to be correct.
If nothing happens - a deal couldn't be done.

The bullshit on this one is pretty obvious.
QSIoyI.gif

You probably need to visit the Blues' board. My mail concurs with their best ITKs and those guys have a 100% record. News is imminent, all parties interested, but only if the deal can be done!

GWT6

Debutant
Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
View attachment 1008517

You probably need to visit the Blues' board. My mail concurs with their best ITKs and those guys have a 100% record. News is imminent, all parties interested, but only if the deal can be done!
Your mail???? You haven't said anything.

It's 6 minutes until midday. I'm sure "it" was going to happen, but I guess the deal couldn't get done.

Jog on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lampers

Team Captain
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
What are the ITKs saying. Not one word from the Oliver camp or Carlton camp over the trade period.
There is still tim...

I am a complete non ITK.

But I suspect Oliver is a bit disgruntled over something (no surprise, in a normal work place 10% of a team are usually a bit disgruntled in good times, imagine a team of high ego footy players).

There would’ve been some light testing of waters by Oliver’s manager in preparation for his contract negotiations in 2021.

Carlton would’ve worked out that either it was never going to happen given what else they had going on, or realised they were being used as a tool by Oliver’s manager, and it fizzled out quick.

I bet things like this happen 10s if not 100s of times a year and never even gets to a rumour and opinion site like this, let alone media.

The thing that throws doubt on this is the media would’ve loved to chuck this about if there was any serious legs as it’s a good headline. They were willing to engage in will he/won’t he for relative nobodies like Lonie, Hind, Neal-Bullen etc. they would’ve rather filled up content and airwaves speculating on Oliver to Carlton if it had any legs.

branedotorg

Premium Platinum
Nov 9, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I have no doubt Carlton in particular (and probably 10 other clubs) were in constant contact with him but knew we didn't have the picks to make it happen.

Could be an interesting one next year with Cripps (rumoured to resign before the draft) Oliver, Merrett and Bont all OOC

markm106

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
There is still tim...

I am a complete non ITK.

But I suspect Oliver is a bit disgruntled over something (no surprise, in a normal work place 10% of a team are usually a bit disgruntled in good times, imagine a team of high ego footy players).

There would’ve been some light testing of waters by Oliver’s manager in preparation for his contract negotiations in 2021.

Carlton would’ve worked out that either it was never going to happen given what else they had going on, or realised they were being used as a tool by Oliver’s manager, and it fizzled out quick.

I bet things like this happen 10s if not 100s of times a year and never even gets to a rumour and opinion site like this, let alone media.

The thing that throws doubt on this is the media would’ve loved to chuck this about if there was any serious legs as it’s a good headline. They were willing to engage in will he/won’t he for relative nobodies like Lonie, Hind, Neal-Bullen etc. they would’ve rather filled up content and airwaves speculating on Oliver to Carlton if it had any legs.
Agree. I heard different things about him being disgruntled. And I don’t doubt it. But it wasn’t necessarily at the wanting out stage. Also from what you here clubs have come for him the last few years.

markm106

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
That pick was way too low.

I reckon any trade for Oliver this year would have needed to involve a top 3 pick (amongst other things)
Yeah given he’s contracted we would’ve been asking pick 8 and a player minimum. With the player being someone like McKay. But I doubt there were even any discussions TBH. There was absolutely zero talk from anyone publicly that Oliver was a chance to leave. And I’m talking club or player manager etc.
if he wants out next year it’ll be different as he and opposition clubs will have a bit of a day in things.

Remove this Banner Ad