Uncontracted Clayton Oliver [OOC 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

dazzledavey36

Danger
Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
So in your post with the pic, you weren't strongly suggesting that they hadn't had issues? If you weren't then, apologies - I misread it.

There is no point in asking me again how I know they did have a grievance as fact...I'm not going to share.

Anyway, glad that they've resolved, and that the Dees are going to extend him. Gun player - would love him week in week out wearing a Carlton jumper. Not to be, was never going to be. The notion of him as a live chance of playing for Carlton was fantasy land stuff.
Bulllshiit

Brutalitops

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
The rumours of him wanting to go to blues last year seemed way overplayed. I mean Carlton would have told Saad the deals off if they could’ve had Clarry. Reality is mayb he had some grievance but he wasn’t requesting a trade last year. Those stories were total BS.
Doubtful. Hes not really what we need in terms of list balance. We needed speed. We were slow af, particularly our midfield.

Virgin Dog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The number of blatantly false rumours being spread on the Carlton board last year was hilarious, and I'd be willing to bet any links to Oliver have as much truth as the others. There were multiple posters making claims about Lachie Hunter being a "done deal" to Carlton, and that he'd 100% played his last game at the Dogs, yet nothing seemed to happen there. Don't believe everything you read from supposed ITKs, regardless of how "good" their predictions have been in the past

Jeremias

Sep 26, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
MUFC, LAL, PSG
The number of blatantly false rumours being spread on the Carlton board last year was hilarious, and I'd be willing to bet any links to Oliver have as much truth as the others. There were multiple posters making claims about Lachie Hunter being a "done deal" to Carlton, and that he'd 100% played his last game at the Dogs, yet nothing seemed to happen there. Don't believe everything you read from supposed ITKs, regardless of how "good" their predictions have been in the past
You're not wrong, but I would suggest this is not unique to the Carlton board. I've seen it on just about every club board on this site.

With these sorts of things you make your own reputation. I've been around long enough to know who is worth listening to and who isn't (on the Carlton board), but I don't expect non-Carlton supporters to be across that. Of course, there is leeway as these situations are always fluid and things change all the time.

It's problematic when discussion from obvious sh*t stirrers or people who masquerade as having an internal source is dragged over onto other boards, and it's for that exact reason that we're keen to restrict so called "ITK discussions" to specific team boards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brutalitops

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I smell bullshit
Would he improve our list? Of course. But in not where our list really needed the boost, so it would be marginal compared to Williams and Saad. And terms of TPP and overall trade cost it becomes a list killer.

We'd be in the same position as you guys. Too many inside midfielders and not enough outside. We'd win more clearances because there'd be more stoppages. Try and have a bit of a think before you comment on other club's lists.

Kozzie_Magic

Debutant
Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Would he improve our list? Of course. But in not where our list really needed the boost, so it would be marginal compared to Williams and Saad. And terms of TPP and overall trade cost it becomes a list killer.

We'd be in the same position as you guys. Too many inside midfielders and not enough outside. We'd win more clearances because there'd be more stoppages. Try and have a bit of a think before you comment on other club's lists.
So you really believe Carlton said no to Oliver because they valued Saad over him

:$

Remove this Banner Ad