Recommitted Clayton Oliver [re-signed until 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Where have the Blues said they can't afford him?
I would say it's more that we just aren't interested in him.
This thread still a thing? Would any Carlton supporters here want to buy some magic beans? They grow into your very own Clayton Oliver - don't even need to trade for him!

This thread still a thing? Would any Carlton supporters here want to buy some magic beans? They grow into your very own Clayton Oliver - don't even need to trade for him!
It is when you bump it back to the top 11 hours after the last post for a useless comment like that.
And your comment had nothing to do with what I said, so there wasn't even a need to quote me.

Where have the Blues said they can't afford him?
I would say it's more that we just aren't interested in him.
Daemon thanks for the reminder.

It was reported on AFL trade radio Thursday as a part of a segment about Treloar. They quoted Lethlean, Mahoney and some Carlton official about there clubs respective positions on him. You guys don't have the cap space.

Daemon thanks for the reminder.

It was reported on AFL trade radio Thursday as a part of a segment about Treloar. They quoted Lethlean, Mahoney and some Carlton official about there clubs respective positions on him. You guys don't have the cap space.
Didn't hear that. Who was the Carlton official?
Most of us are under the impression that we could chase one more big fish, so would be interesting if true.

Didn't hear that. Who was the Carlton official?
Most of us are under the impression that we could chase one more big fish, so would be interesting if true.
Can't remember for the life of me, but he was pretty definite.

Treloar is on massive coin. I highly doubt, regardless of how well you've prepaid, can afford another 900k salary. Particularly one that runs over 5 years.

If Oliver was even interested. Oliver might be on if you aren’t giving up pick 8 for a back flanker. And then give us JSOS. Plus a future first. Like that guy gets a game for Melbourne.
You must be concerned running off to read our board, I am hopeful at least the mail about tellling Essendon to gagf after lunchtime tomorrow is correct.

Seriously though. In the unlikely event Oliver requested a trade. Carlton would need to abandon the Saad deal unless they part with quality player like McKay. Also the silence from everyone tells me that there is nothing going on.

Seriously though. In the unlikely event Oliver requested a trade. Carlton would need to abandon the Saad deal unless they part with quality player like McKay. Also the silence from everyone tells me that there is nothing going on.
I don’t think we would even do a straight swap with you for mckay he’s the only forward we have

I think that would be the point, if we are giving up 8 + future 1st + fringe player for Oliver, Essendon would have no choice but to take pick 30 + fringe player for Saad.

Unless you guys are thinking of cashing in on a cheap treloar, cheap brown and still ending in front at the draft. Most likely this is Carlton simply applying pressure on Essendon to accept our offer before it is too late, after a month of the Essendon Media spamming pick 7 and trying to put public pressure on us to pay overs for Saad this is the first real sign of Carlton giving them a taste of their own medicine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that would be the point, if we are giving up 8 + future 1st + fringe player for Oliver, Essendon would have no choice but to take pick 30 + fringe player for Saad.

Unless you guys are thinking of cashing in on a cheap treloar, cheap brown and still ending in front at the draft. Most likely this is Carlton simply applying pressure on Essendon to accept our offer before it is too late, after a month of the Essendon Media spamming pick 7 and trying to put public pressure on us to pay overs for Saad this is the first real sign of Carlton giving them a taste of their own medicine.
If he wanted out and I don’t know how it’s been kept quiet for so long it would have to be 8 and future if he was OOC. Given his in contract I’d be wanting more.
FWIW I thinks there’s a reasonable chance Oliver had an issue. In fact I’ve heard that off people but not sure of the legitimacy of it. However issues weren’t at a level of him leaving necessarily.

If he wanted out and I don’t know how it’s been kept quiet for so long it would have to be 8 and future if he was OOC. Given his in contract I’d be wanting more.
FWIW I thinks there’s a reasonable chance Oliver had an issue. In fact I’ve heard that off people but not sure of the legitimacy of it. However issues weren’t at a level of him leaving necessarily.
He obviously has no problem with staying which would be why it hasn't come out, maybe he wants to leave but understands its almost no chance of happening. Gibbs the 2nd time around was pretty quiet until the deal was almost done.

Yeah but there’s been zero legitimate noise so far. Doubt it’s about to start.
Like I said it is probably more to push the Dodo brain into accepting our Saad offer, been reported in the media all the other list managers are ready to tell him to gagf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back