Recommitted Clayton Oliver [re-signed until 2030]

Absolutely 100% true at that time.

Based on the photo you posted, looks like they may have worked through it. You shouldn't assume that because it seems like they've made up now...doesn't mean something wasn't busted in the past.
Saying it is 100% true doesn’t mean it is 100% true.

how do you know this is 100% true, I’d love to know

Kozzie_Magic

Senior List
Nov 7, 2020
Bigfooty t/as Aust Antifa - Endorsed by chief
AFL Club
Melbourne
Absolutely 100% true at that time.

Based on the photo you posted, looks like they may have worked through it. You shouldn't assume that because it seems like they've made up now...doesn't mean something wasn't busted in the past.

Apart from the bit where he met with Carlton, he wasn't even in Melbourne at the time lol

I guess some people will believe anything if they want to to be true

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
That was the story. People were posting he was on site, touring facilities when he wasn’t in the state.
At the time that this was supposedly meant to happen, Oliver was back in the family home in Echuca in country Victoria up my way. I know his mum Michelle very well from my days working with Oliver at the Murray Bushrangers.

Carlton fans live in a pretty delusional world. The way they carried on here during trade time was an absolute embarrassment to themselves.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
At the time that this was supposedly meant to happen, Oliver was back in the family home in Echuca in country Victoria up my way. I know his mum Michelle very well from my days working with Oliver at the Murray Bushrangers.

Carlton fans live in a pretty delusional world. The way they carried on here during trade time was an absolute embarrassment to themselves.
dazzledavey36 Devastating Boris the little bit of info I have is terms have been agreed, just finalising if it's 2 or 3 years. Looking like 3 and will be announced prior to season kick off.

dazzledavey36 Devastating Boris the little bit of info I have is terms have been agreed, just finalising if it's 2 or 3 years. Looking like 3 and will be announced prior to season kick off.

Similar to Petracca. They get it all sorted early but use the news as a membership booster. Trac was almost 6 month wait.

Kenny Hunter09

Debutant
May 11, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Apart from the bit where he met with Carlton, he wasn't even in Melbourne at the time lol

I guess some people will believe anything if they want to to be true

You're right about some people believing anything if they want it to be true...just like if Oliver and Viney are giggling in a photo recently, there is no possible chance they could have had issues with their relationship in the past. This was the main point of my post.

Hoping that as some of your fellow Dees supporters have said, Oliver re-signs sooner rather than later so that it's not possible for anyone to speculate further.

Last edited:
You're right about some people believing anything if they want it to be true...just like if Oliver and Viney are giggling in a photo recently, there is no possible chance they could have had issues with their relationship in the past. This was the main point of my post.

Hoping that as some of your fellow Dees supporters have said, Oliver re-signs sooner rather than later so that it's not possible for anyone to speculate further.
Don’t think anyone has said Viney and Oliver didn’t have issues, But it also doesn’t mean they did.

you say they 100% did have issues. You seem to know this as fact.

So as I asked earlier, how do you know this as 100% true, because I’d love to know.

Kenny Hunter09

Debutant
May 11, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Don’t think anyone has said Viney and Oliver didn’t have issues, But it also doesn’t mean they did.

you say they 100% did have issues. You seem to know this as fact.

So as I asked earlier, how do you know this as 100% true, because I’d love to know.

So in your post with the pic, you weren't strongly suggesting that they hadn't had issues? If you weren't then, apologies - I misread it.

There is no point in asking me again how I know they did have a grievance as fact...I'm not going to share.

Anyway, glad that they've resolved, and that the Dees are going to extend him. Gun player - would love him week in week out wearing a Carlton jumper. Not to be, was never going to be. The notion of him as a live chance of playing for Carlton was fantasy land stuff.

So in your post with the pic, you weren't strongly suggesting that they hadn't had issues? If you weren't then, apologies - I misread it.

There is no point in asking me again how I know they did have a grievance as fact...I'm not going to share.

Anyway, glad that they've resolved, and that the Dees are going to extend him. Gun player - would love him week in week out wearing a Carlton jumper. Not to be, was never going to be. The notion of him as a live chance of playing for Carlton was fantasy land stuff.
Just pointing this week they seem to be getting along well.

I have no idea if he’s going to extend or not, but it’s hard to believe only months ago he was wanting out because of Viney and Carlton Big Footy posters have knowledge of this

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The rumours of him wanting to go to blues last year seemed way overplayed. I mean Carlton would have told Saad the deals off if they could’ve had Clarry. Reality is mayb he had some grievance but he wasn’t requesting a trade last year. Those stories were total BS.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne

Bulllshiit

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
The rumours of him wanting to go to blues last year seemed way overplayed. I mean Carlton would have told Saad the deals off if they could’ve had Clarry. Reality is mayb he had some grievance but he wasn’t requesting a trade last year. Those stories were total BS.

Doubtful. Hes not really what we need in terms of list balance. We needed speed. We were slow af, particularly our midfield.

Back