Contracted Clayton Oliver [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

CaptainCripps13

Debutant
Suspended
Mar 29, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
The number of blatantly false rumours being spread on the Carlton board last year was hilarious, and I'd be willing to bet any links to Oliver have as much truth as the others. There were multiple posters making claims about Lachie Hunter being a "done deal" to Carlton, and that he'd 100% played his last game at the Dogs, yet nothing seemed to happen there. Don't believe everything you read from supposed ITKs, regardless of how "good" their predictions have been in the past
Oliver is friendly with Cripps, McKay and JSOS. He has never been and will never consider Carlton. He doesn’t fit our needs and him and Cripps would trip over each other.

Hawks have asked the question. As have the Swans. I highly doubt he goes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skull Face

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton supporters have gone MIA...
Congratulations, good start to the year and a good resigning to get early in the season.

TBH haven't given this any thought since the trade period, getting Mckay and Cripps resigned is more of an issue then looking at opposition players to bring in right now. Certainly a few semi in the knows who have lost some points last trade period although not so much around Oliver.

Skull Face

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m just saying that these ITKs all have really good track records.
Better strike rate then 99% of journalists, saying we are chasing Oliver in last years trade period isn't confirmed or rebuked when he signs to stay 6 months later, if you were having doubts about Melbourne's ability to play finals or contend for a flag, going 4-0 to start a season is a pretty good way to ease those concerns.

I expect the same from Cripps and Mckay, they would have contracts in front of them they would happily sign once we convince them we are on the right path.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Better strike rate then 99% of journalists, saying we are chasing Oliver in last years trade period isn't confirmed or rebuked when he signs to stay 6 months later, if you were having doubts about Melbourne's ability to play finals or contend for a flag, going 4-0 to start a season is a pretty good way to ease those concerns.

I expect the same from Cripps and Mckay, they would have contracts in front of them they would happily sign once we convince them we are on the right path.
That’s just it though isn’t it? ITKs saying ‘we are talking to player x’ is just bulls hit speculation that you can’t disprove. Not hard to link clubs to players that would fill an area of weakness and make vague statements that you can back away from or double down at your leisure.

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wait... What??? But this is a done deal, the all seeing, all knowing ITK poster on the Carlton board said it was so???

fu**. Our midfield is stuffed without Paddy Dow. Plans in tatters....

Remove this Banner Ad