Recommitted Clayton Oliver [re-signed until 2030]

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I wouldn’t be surprised if Clarry signs on for 2 more years. Then he’ll be at free agency. A lot of players doing that these days.
Pretty sure he would be on very good coin at Melbourne and would easily get $750k x 2 if he did sign for 2 more years
Before leaving to come to Richmond as a free agent. Cotch will be done by then and #13 is vacant now

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Brisbane fan growing up.

Could do worse than be mentored by Neale for a couple of years.

Brisbane have three first round picks available (Melbourne’s 2021, Brisbane 2021 & 2022). We have a potential top FS kid in 2022, so that pick should definitely be on the table.

He didn’t like being told he needed to be more professional off-field last year.

You sure he’s not currently in chats with the club to make him the highest paid player at Melbourne? Manager maybe asking for 2 year deal the club wants 4?

No idea - it could all be water under the bridge now, just stating what put his nose out of joint last year.

Yeah fair enough. There’s talk he’s in discussion with the club. His camp is pushing for 2 years to hit FA but the Dees want 4. Not much issue with coin as May and Lever are majority off the books now. Not very far along but there’s movement.

Word was in the hub Cripps had been chatting to Oliver about coming over and a supposed rift between him and Viney was an influence in his decision.
For the people that think Oliver and Viney have some rift they seem to be getting along pretty well this week
B8BF9B7A-B1A0-48F3-A225-537D89E11E4F.jpeg

Last edited:

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The rumours getting around at trade time were massively overplayed with a lot being made absolutely up. There’s no doubt clubs I’m would want Clarry. As mentioned earlier he’d be advised to take a deal to get him to FA. Club would want to tie him up longer. Also I don’t doubt the success Melbourne has as a team will play a part.

HereComesJuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
The rumours getting around at trade time were massively overplayed with a lot being made absolutely up. There’s no doubt clubs I’m would want Clarry. As mentioned earlier he’d be advised to take a deal to get him to FA. Club would want to tie him up longer. Also I don’t doubt the success Melbourne has as a team will play a part.
Which part was made up?

Kenny Hunter09

Debutant
May 11, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
how about his beef with Viney
Absolutely 100% true at that time.

Based on the photo you posted, looks like they may have worked through it. You shouldn't assume that because it seems like they've made up now...doesn't mean something wasn't busted in the past.

Absolutely 100% true at that time.

Based on the photo you posted, looks like they may have worked through it. You shouldn't assume that because it seems like they've made up now...doesn't mean something wasn't busted in the past.

It may also be 100% true but severity can be massively overplayed. I can tell you all for fact that Oliver was disappointed with finishing 5th and raised it in his exit interview. I can also tell you that by the time he walked of that interview, it was far less of an issue.

He is a very competitive guy and Goodwin has challenged him to outshine Petracca this year and become the teams undisputed best player.

Back