Recommitted Clayton Oliver [re-signed until 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
It’s a moot argument anyway. Clarry was never going to Carlton in the trade period.

It always struck me as a pipe dream to me, we literally had no currency anyway to give The Dees, given our first pick was going to Essendon for Saad.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The number of blatantly false rumours being spread on the Carlton board last year was hilarious, and I'd be willing to bet any links to Oliver have as much truth as the others. There were multiple posters making claims about Lachie Hunter being a "done deal" to Carlton, and that he'd 100% played his last game at the Dogs, yet nothing seemed to happen there. Don't believe everything you read from supposed ITKs, regardless of how "good" their predictions have been in the past

The number of blatantly false rumours being spread on the Carlton board last year was hilarious, and I'd be willing to bet any links to Oliver have as much truth as the others. There were multiple posters making claims about Lachie Hunter being a "done deal" to Carlton, and that he'd 100% played his last game at the Dogs, yet nothing seemed to happen there. Don't believe everything you read from supposed ITKs, regardless of how "good" their predictions have been in the past

You're not wrong, but I would suggest this is not unique to the Carlton board. I've seen it on just about every club board on this site.

With these sorts of things you make your own reputation. I've been around long enough to know who is worth listening to and who isn't (on the Carlton board), but I don't expect non-Carlton supporters to be across that. Of course, there is leeway as these situations are always fluid and things change all the time.

It's problematic when discussion from obvious s**t stirrers or people who masquerade as having an internal source is dragged over onto other boards, and it's for that exact reason that we're keen to restrict so called "ITK discussions" to specific team boards.

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I smell bullshit

Would he improve our list? Of course. But in not where our list really needed the boost, so it would be marginal compared to Williams and Saad. And terms of TPP and overall trade cost it becomes a list killer.

We'd be in the same position as you guys. Too many inside midfielders and not enough outside. We'd win more clearances because there'd be more stoppages. Try and have a bit of a think before you comment on other club's lists.

Kozzie_Magic

Senior List
Nov 7, 2020
Bigfooty t/as Aust Antifa - Endorsed by chief
AFL Club
Melbourne
Would he improve our list? Of course. But in not where our list really needed the boost, so it would be marginal compared to Williams and Saad. And terms of TPP and overall trade cost it becomes a list killer.

We'd be in the same position as you guys. Too many inside midfielders and not enough outside. We'd win more clearances because there'd be more stoppages. Try and have a bit of a think before you comment on other club's lists.

So you really believe Carlton said no to Oliver because they valued Saad over him

:$

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Have a read of this current thread. They still believe he's currently touring their facilities as we speak.

And I remember the Hunter rumour.. alongside the Josh Dunkley.. and Clayton Oliver.. and Adam Treloar.. list goes on.
They're very special bunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CaptainCripps13

Debutant
Mar 29, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton

Oliver is friendly with Cripps, McKay and JSOS. He has never been and will never consider Carlton. He doesn’t fit our needs and him and Cripps would trip over each other.

Hawks have asked the question. As have the Swans. I highly doubt he goes

Shattered we're going to miss out on Paddy Dow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back