Recommitted Clayton Oliver [re-signed until 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Players would be stupid not to. Only reason they'd have for signing on past their RFA status would be an offer too good to refuse.

Or for long term job security. All players are one badly wrenched knee away from disaster.

You’re in the “some wriggle room” category apparently. Not very scientific I know.

They are guessing the same as you or I, for all we know Oliver may have only been targeted as cover for Cripps going home to wa.

In any case I only come on here to congratulate the dees fan for getting him to sign an extension not to discuss Carlton's cap

What's laughable is the notion that Melbourne were going to agree to a second round pick and Paddy Dow for Clayton Oliver.

And how much were you planning on paying, given you ponied up 900k a season for Zac Williams?

I am really sorry you fell for the "never been wrong!" Carlton ITK rubbish, but don't worry, lots of people did.
I hope you enjoyed that conversation you had with your imaginary friend.

Everything you said was wrong, not only myself but no one said anything about a 2nd rounder and dow as a trade option at any point. No one mentioned how much we would pay him and I never believed Oliver would come to us and I said as much on this thread.

Cheers for.the laugh though, I assume that was your intention.

They are guessing the same as you or I, for all we know Oliver may have only been targeted as cover for Cripps going home to wa.

In any case I only come on here to congratulate the dees fan for getting him to sign an extension not to discuss Carlton's cap

You think one of the best AFL journalists is just guessing?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you made it up?
I'd love to name and shame, but I don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities.

If you have a problem with the rules of this board take it up with the moderating team or write a letter to your local member.

I never believed Oliver would come to us and I said as much on this thread.
You made 50 posts on the draft board in a thread about a player that you never believed you were going to get.

That's even less believable that Oliver and a second for Paddy Dow.

I'd love to name and shame, but I don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities.

If you have a problem with the rules of this board take it up with the moderating team or write a letter to your local member.

You made 50 posts on the draft board in a thread about a player that you never believed you were going to get.

Dm it to me

Go ahead and find any post of mine that states we will get Oliver and get back to me, until then off you go to annoy someone else :thumbsu:

So you made it up?
No mate, your very own nuffy supporters did. It's well known on your draft and trading board that it was pretty much a done deal that Oliver had had agreed to join Carlton and request a trade. Same ones that said Oliver was touring Carlton facilities when matter of fact he was back home in Shepparton with family for the couple of weeks at that time.

Same nuffies that said Lachie Hunter would also be requesting a trade there.

Your supporters on that board are joke. Funny how they've gone quiet now that Oliver has signed?

Which player is next on the hit list come trade period? I'm sure the same supporters will spin more lies and * about requesting a trade.

No mate, your very own nuffy supporters did. It's well known on your draft and trading board that it was pretty much a done deal that Oliver had had agreed to join Carlton and request a trade. Same ones that said Oliver was touring Carlton facilities when matter of fact he was back home in Shepparton with family for the couple of weeks at that time.

Same nuffies that said Lachie Hunter would also be requesting a trade there.

Your supporters on that board are joke. Funny how they've gone quiet now that Oliver has signed?

Which player is next on the hit list come trade period? I'm sure the same supporters will spin more lies and fu** about requesting a trade.

Lol

Seems like this is back on.

Oliver will look great in Navy blue
Less if we got a player like Oliver, heavily front ended if we don't is the rumour. We will see, Oliver will still be at Melbourne next year and that gives you guys 12 months to make him happy again ala papley.
Word was in the hub Cripps had been chatting to Oliver about coming over and a supposed rift between him and Viney was an influence in his decision.

Thats all there was to it but some supporters decided to run with it. Didnt help that every so often someone would post something vague like "Oliver not off the table". Was never going to amount to anything imo but it'll be a reoccurring one with us I think in the same vein as the Pavlich rumours.
That pick was way too low.

I reckon any trade for Oliver this year would have needed to involve a top 3 pick (amongst other things)

Dead set ******* nuffies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back