Clayton Oliver vs Jackson Macrae

Who is the better player?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae better ball user, Oliver contested beast. Splitting hairs with the rest of their games.

I’ll be biased and go with Oliver and that he’s 3 years younger.

Depends on the makeup of the current team really, but leaning towards Oliver.

Only 3 players have averaged 25+ possessions and 15+ contested possessions over the last 5 years and Oliver is one

According to champion data has Oliver rated the third best kick this season behind Dusty & Greene

Oliver wins more of his own ball, there is no comparison there & averages more score involvement per game (margin is small)

Comparing their stats, Oliver comes out in top in almost every catagory except uncontested possessions. And Oliver is 3 years younger

But yeah Macrae is better :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Only 3 players have averaged 25+ possessions and 15+ contested possessions over the last 5 years and Oliver is one

According to champion data has Oliver rated the third best kick this season behind Dusty & Greene

Oliver wins more of his own ball, there is no comparison there & averages more score involvement per game (margin is small)

Comparing their stats, Oliver comes out in top in almost every catagory except uncontested possessions. And Oliver is 3 years younger

They're different players.

I don't even know why they're being compared lol.

Comparing career stats sure, no one will argue Oliver came in a more ready made player and better player.

But currently looking at it Macrae averages more disposals, goals, goal assists, score involvements, higher disposal efficiency across this year though.

So yeah you can make the case Macrae is the better player.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver is better contested ball winner but Macrae is the better user. I'd call it even, Macraes production is slightly in front though.

Oliver also has the goat ruckman tapping to him wheras the Dogs barely have a ruckman. But then again Oliver will cop a few tags and Macrae (who is untaggable anyway) doesn't get tagged.

Oliver is better contested ball winner but Macrae is the better user. I'd call it even, Macraes production is slightly in front though.

Oliver also has the goat ruckman tapping to him wheras the Dogs barely have a ruckman. But then again Oliver will cop a few tags and Macrae (who is untaggable anyway) doesn't get tagged.
Macraes production is ahead is it, what are you basing that on?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Volume of output, Macrae gets involved more
Fair enough

One of them won the AFLCA award, has more b&f wins and is only one AA guernsey behind the other one despite being 3 years younger

But those extra 2.5 touches a game makes up for that I guess

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Back