Clayton Oliver's flop in the semi-final

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Given Oliver's history, should he be fined for this?

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-09-14/did-oliver-drop-too-easily-here

To me, it looks like an intentional act of staging for a free kick. Unlike his previous misdemeanour, he had ample time to anticipate the collision, so I can't give him the benefit of the doubt (instinctive fast reactions are not always staging).

Look at the reaction of the Hawthorn player who hit him.

Blame the umpires for that one. Oliver was nowhere near the ball and was just sucking in the umpire.

The worst flops are the ones that are in play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughead took a dive, Clayton Oliver just let an idiot push him to the ground.

Fact is if you're stupid enough to bump a player off the ball when your team has possession and you're less than two kicks down in a semi-final, you deserve a free kick paid against you.

Clayton ensuring that free kick was paid is justice.

Onya Clarry, well played mate!

Again irrelevant, please try and stay on topic bro.

Your opinion and thoughts flip and flop around as much as Clarry!

But it does, in every Oliver thread you roll out the same old tired lines, it must really get to you seeing the kid overtake Cripps

But it does, in every Oliver thread you roll out the same old tired lines, it must really get to you seeing the kid overtake Cripps
You raised a nonsensical defence of Clarry's flop/dive about not instigating it, and I called you out as invalid and irrelevant.

You still haven't raised anything valid about the incident, just trying to change the topic as usual!

You raised a nonsensical defence of Clarry's flop/dive about not instigating it, and I called you out as invalid and irrelevant.

When did this happen? Quote the post where I stated this.

LOL, you've lost the plot champ, you don't even know who you're replying to anymore

Frankly surprised he didn't get fined. With the force Mitchell used, I doubt that would knock anyone over unless they weren't expecting it.

For anyone to say no big deal, turned a Hawthorn free into a Melbourne shot at goal.

Meanwhile a Hawks player was pushed to ground well after taking a mark and the ump just told him to get up lol, right, makes sense.

It's good enough for a reversal but not or a 50?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back