Strategy Cleaning Out Our No-Hopers

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Screenshot_20190513-104139.png

Who are our no-hopers? Of whom should we get rid?

- Koch?
- Keith?
- Ken?
- Voss?
- Bassett?
- Jonas?
- Motlop?
- GremioPower?
- ...?

I don't really like singling out players, but Motlop shouldn't play again for the rest of the year really. 3rd week in a row he's been a liability, 4th game in a row he's had zero positive impact out there. You can't carry senior blokes who are sitting on 2 or 3 touches at half time like he's done on a regular basis now.

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't really like singling out players, but Motlop shouldn't play again for the rest of the year really. 3rd week in a row he's been a liability, 4th game in a row he's had zero positive impact out there. You can't carry senior blokes who are sitting on 2 or 3 touches at half time like he's done on a regular basis now.

Yep, They drop Joel Garner after a bloody good first game.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why was he even brought back? He was s**t in the SANFL as well.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yea agree Motlop has to go out, but wouldn't call him a no hoper, down hill skiier yes.

Think he is absolutely suffering having having absolutely lost all faith in his coach and game plan.

Hinkley, Voss, Davies Need to go. Koch needs to go, KT needs to go. From what we've seen this year Jonas and Wines need to hand in the captaincy but there really isn't anyone close to deserving it.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yea agree Motlop has to go out, but wouldn't call him a no hoper, down hill skiier yes.

Think he is absolutely suffering having having absolutely lost all faith in his coach and game plan.

Hinkley, Voss, Davies Need to go. Koch needs to go, KT needs to go. From what we've seen this year Jonas and Wines need to hand in the captaincy but there really isn't anyone close to deserving it.
Give it Hartlett or Rocky.

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I believe if we had Clarkson as a coach, we would all be very surprised with our current squad and what they could have acheived. Wonder if Clarko will move Wingard on, I doubt it very much.
So in order to go.
Koch
Ken
Voss
Bassett and throw in KT for good luck.
I don't think we'd be that "surprised". The common consensus is that we have had a quality list for a few years now bar the coaching.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last edited:

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Travis Boak, 10 games in to the season, is so far ahead in the total turnovers stat that he cannot be caught. He might even be on track to smash the AFL record for turnovers in a season. So theres something to think about.

He's been great in so many ways for us, but his ball use can be really pathetic sometimes. Burns the ball far to much.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I believe if we had Clarkson as a coach, we would all be very surprised with our current squad and what they could have acheived. Wonder if Clarko will move Wingard on, I doubt it very much.
So in order to go.
Koch
Ken
Voss
Bassett and throw in KT for good luck.
If we'd had Clarko we would have won a flag in the last 5 years

Back