Clem Michael to sue the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

FreoDocker

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2001
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It seems that Clem Michael is set to sue the Dockers over the management of his knee injury during the 2000 season.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2002/08/23/1030052975154.html

While I think that at 26 he needs some sort of compensation for the knee injury that ended his career prematurely, but this could really hit the Dockers hard. With an expected 1.5 million dollar loss or more this year plus the upcoming legal action by Clem, the club is starting to look like it's financial position will become very difficult in the next year or so.

Do you think Clem has a right to claim compensation from the Dockers, or should he be seeking compensation from the AFL? I was also thinking that if Clem gets paid out, would the AFL then be able to fine the Dockers for knowingly playing a player with a serious knee injury?

Not having heard the other side of the story I would have thought that Clem would have to shoulder at least some of the blame. After all he could have said he just wasn't up to playing or could have got a second opinion.

Very sad story.

Maybe something could be done but you would think Clem would talk to the club before the newspapers.

Depends on the circumstances but he may have a case but I'm sure Freo want him out there playing as much as he does.

It makes you wonder how the club is handling J.Lo's knee injury this year. I know they are saying that playing on won't actually make his knee structurally worse, but you have to wonder whether the club should just give him some time off to increase his longevity in the game.

Originally posted by FreoDocker
It makes you wonder how the club is handling J.Lo's knee injury this year. I know they are saying that playing on won't actually make his knee structurally worse, but you have to wonder whether the club should just give him some time off to increase his longevity in the game.

Don't even want to think about that!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back