News Cleveland Browns.....635 days of pre season!!

Could the Crows and Cleveland ever play finals in the same year????

• Yes! .......With a few Vodkas anythings possible.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Yes!.........With a..........oh wait I did that one..............................No with a few Vodka

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

An unbelievable end to this season - Pittsburgh fans @ Heinz stadium chanting Let’s Go Browns. If Browns beat Raven, Pittsburgh in the playoffs, if Ravens beat Browns, Ravens in.

When was the last time the fate of team rested on the Browns result? Wow.

And I hate both Ravens and Steelers.

And Cleveland went full Browns in the last minute.

Still, the Steelers lost the season when they lost to Oakland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Cleveland went full Browns in the last minute.

Still, the Steelers lost the season when they lost to Oakland

Tomlin needs to go. This season was the last straw. Steelers have had the arguably the best offense in the NFL for 3 years now and have done absolutely nothing with it. Add in all the discipline issues and the bonehead clock management/play calling.... it's all coaching. Yes, Tomlin has a decent record, but stats don't always tell the full story. With this offense Steelers should have everyone in the AFC, INCLUDING the Patriots, in their rear view mirror and yet it hasn't happened for 3 years in a row now.

Tomlin needs to go. This season was the last straw. Steelers have had the arguably the best offense in the NFL for 3 years now and have done absolutely nothing with it. Add in all the discipline issues and the bonehead clock management/play calling.... it's all coaching. Yes, Tomlin has a decent record, but stats don't always tell the full story. With this offense Steelers should have everyone in the AFC, INCLUDING the Patriots, in their rear view mirror and yet it hasn't happened for 3 years in a row now.
Enjoy the offseason ;)

Good game this weekend. The best part was seeing a stadium full of Steeler fans celebrate their comeback win only to have their playoff hopes dashed minutes later.

The Browns need to not hire Mike McCarthy, and then I think they'll be in the playoffs within the next two years. 7-8-1 is already a remarkable turnaround, and they still have a lot of room to grow.

Word is they like the Colt's DC, who will interview Monday here. Makes sense if you want to keep Kitchens as OC

I think he is the front runner, especially after shutting Houston down yesterday.

Word is they like the Colt's DC, who will interview Monday here. Makes sense if you want to keep Kitchens as OC

I think he is the front runner, especially after shutting Houston down yesterday.
Personally, I'm of the opinion that when you've got a young, talented QB, it makes more sense to go after an offensive-minded coach (look at the success the Rams, Chiefs, Eagles and Bears), but the Browns have a young defense that's loaded with talent, so leaning in that direction also makes sense, especially if Mayfield likes the current OC. I'm a fan of a different AFC North team, but I used to live in Ohio so I've got a soft spot for the Browns. Hope they get someone good, Cleveland's a great city and it deserves a good team. Plus, it'll help keep Pittsburgh down.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that when you've got a young, talented QB, it makes more sense to go after an offensive-minded coach (look at the success the Rams, Chiefs, Eagles and Bears), but the Browns have a young defense that's loaded with talent, so leaning in that direction also makes sense, especially if Mayfield likes the current OC. I'm a fan of a different AFC North team, but I used to live in Ohio so I've got a soft spot for the Browns. Hope they get someone good, Cleveland's a great city and it deserves a good team. Plus, it'll help keep Pittsburgh down.

Appreciate the kind words about the ol' hometown, thank you. My best guess is they looked at the situation the last 8 games. I am not at all an analytics guy, but Profootballfocus had the Browns as the 2nd best offense in the entire NFL during that stretch. Mayfield went off the charts with 19tds and 5 picks in the last 8, which is remarkable for a rookie. The stat I like best is they went 5-3.

Say what you will that is a compelling argument to go status quo on the O

I think whoever they get will be "encouraged" to keep Kitchens. I think that makes a DC more likely and thus my guess.

Been listening to the coach merry go round for the NFL. They are as bad as we are.

What i find interesting is it appears they have a much better developmet/retention system to keep coaches coaching.

College Football to NFL isn't as taboo as SANFL/WAFL/VFL to AFL seens to be and experience playing the game isn't required.

We could take a leaf out of that book.

Back