News Cleveland Browns.....635 days of pre season!!

Could the Crows and Cleveland ever play finals in the same year????

• Yes! .......With a few Vodkas anythings possible.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Yes!.........With a..........oh wait I did that one..............................No with a few Vodka

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

kirky

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was watching Pats game yesterday and saw the progress score of the Browns @ Bengals when it was 35 - 7 thought someone had spiked my beers and I was seeing things.

Good to finally see them make progress - got rid of Jackson and got a promising QB.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Donkey Magoo

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Sturt
After watching a little Cleveland action this year. When they have lost it's been off the back of some poor receiving. Dropping takable catches. They were taking some rippers against CIN.

ams4crows

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
winner of the Titans v Colts in the final game of the season will get the last wildcard spot in the AFC in my opinion

ams4crows

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
TITANS!!! woooooooo!!

Colts at home to make the playoffs, not sure how we stop Andrew Luck, he killed us a few weeks ago at Indianapolis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kirky

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
An unbelievable end to this season - Pittsburgh fans @ Heinz stadium chanting Let’s Go Browns. If Browns beat Raven, Pittsburgh in the playoffs, if Ravens beat Browns, Ravens in.

When was the last time the fate of team rested on the Browns result? Wow.

And I hate both Ravens and Steelers.

brucetiki

Spec Moderator
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Moderator #138
An unbelievable end to this season - Pittsburgh fans @ Heinz stadium chanting Let’s Go Browns. If Browns beat Raven, Pittsburgh in the playoffs, if Ravens beat Browns, Ravens in.

When was the last time the fate of team rested on the Browns result? Wow.

And I hate both Ravens and Steelers.
And Cleveland went full Browns in the last minute.

Still, the Steelers lost the season when they lost to Oakland

lacrow

Team Captain
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dodgers, Lakers
And Cleveland went full Browns in the last minute.

Still, the Steelers lost the season when they lost to Oakland
Tomlin needs to go. This season was the last straw. Steelers have had the arguably the best offense in the NFL for 3 years now and have done absolutely nothing with it. Add in all the discipline issues and the bonehead clock management/play calling.... it's all coaching. Yes, Tomlin has a decent record, but stats don't always tell the full story. With this offense Steelers should have everyone in the AFC, INCLUDING the Patriots, in their rear view mirror and yet it hasn't happened for 3 years in a row now.

AmericanCrow

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Indians and Cavs
Tomlin needs to go. This season was the last straw. Steelers have had the arguably the best offense in the NFL for 3 years now and have done absolutely nothing with it. Add in all the discipline issues and the bonehead clock management/play calling.... it's all coaching. Yes, Tomlin has a decent record, but stats don't always tell the full story. With this offense Steelers should have everyone in the AFC, INCLUDING the Patriots, in their rear view mirror and yet it hasn't happened for 3 years in a row now.
Enjoy the offseason ;)

birdflu

Debutant
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Orioles, Baltimore Ravens
Good game this weekend. The best part was seeing a stadium full of Steeler fans celebrate their comeback win only to have their playoff hopes dashed minutes later.

The Browns need to not hire Mike McCarthy, and then I think they'll be in the playoffs within the next two years. 7-8-1 is already a remarkable turnaround, and they still have a lot of room to grow.

AmericanCrow

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Word is they like the Colt's DC, who will interview Monday here. Makes sense if you want to keep Kitchens as OC

I think he is the front runner, especially after shutting Houston down yesterday.

birdflu

Debutant
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Orioles, Baltimore Ravens
Word is they like the Colt's DC, who will interview Monday here. Makes sense if you want to keep Kitchens as OC

I think he is the front runner, especially after shutting Houston down yesterday.
Personally, I'm of the opinion that when you've got a young, talented QB, it makes more sense to go after an offensive-minded coach (look at the success the Rams, Chiefs, Eagles and Bears), but the Browns have a young defense that's loaded with talent, so leaning in that direction also makes sense, especially if Mayfield likes the current OC. I'm a fan of a different AFC North team, but I used to live in Ohio so I've got a soft spot for the Browns. Hope they get someone good, Cleveland's a great city and it deserves a good team. Plus, it'll help keep Pittsburgh down.

AmericanCrow

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Personally, I'm of the opinion that when you've got a young, talented QB, it makes more sense to go after an offensive-minded coach (look at the success the Rams, Chiefs, Eagles and Bears), but the Browns have a young defense that's loaded with talent, so leaning in that direction also makes sense, especially if Mayfield likes the current OC. I'm a fan of a different AFC North team, but I used to live in Ohio so I've got a soft spot for the Browns. Hope they get someone good, Cleveland's a great city and it deserves a good team. Plus, it'll help keep Pittsburgh down.
Appreciate the kind words about the ol' hometown, thank you. My best guess is they looked at the situation the last 8 games. I am not at all an analytics guy, but Profootballfocus had the Browns as the 2nd best offense in the entire NFL during that stretch. Mayfield went off the charts with 19tds and 5 picks in the last 8, which is remarkable for a rookie. The stat I like best is they went 5-3.

Say what you will that is a compelling argument to go status quo on the O

I think whoever they get will be "encouraged" to keep Kitchens. I think that makes a DC more likely and thus my guess.

Cap

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Been listening to the coach merry go round for the NFL. They are as bad as we are.

What i find interesting is it appears they have a much better developmet/retention system to keep coaches coaching.

College Football to NFL isn't as taboo as SANFL/WAFL/VFL to AFL seens to be and experience playing the game isn't required.

We could take a leaf out of that book.

Top Bottom