Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Remove this Banner Ad

are you backing Bortles from the past month or Bortles from the past 3 years?

Well you never know. All i’m saying if he keeps up this form, he’ll get another year.

I know you like to be on your high horse when it comes to this sort of thing, but at 0-14 what is the benefit of winning the next two games? It doesn't erase 14 consecutive losses. I know, winning culture and all that. Blah blah blah. But we win two meaningless games, and Hue Jackson keeps his HC position. DeShone Kizer heads into 2018 as the starting QB again. The #1 pick becomes the #2 pick. None of that sounds particularly enticing.

At this stage, winning two games isn't going to convince players to stay. Isaiah Crowell will likely leave in FA regardless. Josh Gordon will seek a fresh start elsewhere. And it's not going to sell other teams free agents on coming here. It'll still be money and nothing else that makes them sign with us.

Would I like us to win? Of course, especially against the Steelers. But the priority now should 100% be on the draft and the rest of the offseason. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Yet it seems even mentioning draft prospects means you're not a real fan according to you.

I think there has been more than enough losing the last 2 years under the incompetence of "asset acquisition experts". Acceptance of losing and actively hoping for losses as the "asset acquisition experts" and those that thought they were doing a hell of a job has positioned this organization into the worst stretch of losing in NFL history.

Do you know how difficult it is to go 1-29 in this league in the year of our lord 2017???

It is unacceptable to lose--I won't ever accept it. I surely didn't in any sport I played personally, and I am not about to as a fan. Hoping for losses is what losing organizations do.

Besides, it isn't like the next Peyton Manning is sitting there. The qb's at the top of this draft couldn't carry Carson Wentz's jockstrap around---and your boys in the FO passed on him, so how did all that losing turn out?

Hoping to lose against Pittspuke makes me ill.....and if that puts me "on my high horse"...well you are damn right I am and I am PROUD of it.

Oh, and these real players...you know how we're going to get them into the team? With all the draft picks that Sashi got, and the massive amount of cap space that he built.

You do know anyone can acquire assets right?

It isn't hard to trade down and cut players.

In fact, I feel confident we can find a 4th grader that can do it as well as Sashi did.

Unbelievable the willful acceptance and celebration of absolute failure that goes on around here.

Besides, it isn't like the next Peyton Manning is sitting there. The qb's at the top of this draft couldn't carry Carson Wentz's jockstrap around---and your boys in the FO passed on him, so how did all that losing turn out?

Maybe you should be a scout if you already know how Rosen and Darnold will turn out. Guess there's no point drafting a QB then.

special shoutout to all those real players on defense

Lots of plays being made with that lead

Dorsey has now backed down from his ‘real players’ comment, says they have some excellent young players. No surprise

Dorsey has now backed down from his ‘real players’ comment, says they have some excellent young players. No surprise

Real players don't go 0-14 and 1-29.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joe Thomas won't be around forever, Erving was a dud this year and the Brows have about 734 picks in the first round.

Erving may have been a dud this year, but luckily that was the Chiefs' problem. Not ours.

With two top 5 picks, I wouldn't be going offensive line given playmakers is our glaring weakness. We have plenty of second and third round picks to be looking at a tackle.

Goff/Gurley is an interesting example seeing as they stunk last year and it was pretty much all coaching.

Gurley suffered a sophomore slump and was carrying injury. Had a great rookie season.

Profootballtalk.com passes along "concern" that Browns coach Hue Jackson "may have lost the team."

Less than a month ago, Browns ownership made the utterly unjustifiable decision to fire EVP Sashi Brown but retain Jackson, who has embarrassed himself en route to a 1-29 record and throws his players under the bus each week. This week, Jackson claimed he was "uninspired" by Isaiah Crowell's 59-yard run in last week's loss to Baltimore -- the Browns' longest offensive play of the season -- because the hole Crowell ran through was too big. Browns players, and specifically Crowell, are believed to be heated over those comments. Per PFT's Mike Florio, "there are also rumblings about friction" between players and Cleveland's defensive staff. Florio says there is a "lingering sense" new GM John Dorsey will lobby ownership to allow him to hire his own coach. At present, Cleveland's dysfunctional hierarchy has Jackson answering to only owner Jimmy Haslam, and not Dorsey.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back