Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely shattered season over, time to start talking mock drafts. The disappointment from our team is the worst I’ve felt since freo lost in the gf those years back.
Now we’re 2-6 where we always are with penalties and undiscipline mostly our undoing now today it was our tacking and redzone efficiency. Some one needs to be held accountable for this what a disaster.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Browns were "bracing" for another substance-abuse suspension with recently-waived WR Antonio Callaway.
Callaway's ban would be 10 games after he sat out four to begin the season. Fowler also reports that Callaway was once again late for a team function this week. Those off-the-field headaches combined with Callaway's frustrating Sunday play basically had him begging for his release. The light has not come on for 22-year-old Callaway, who could have been a first-round talent in last year's NFL draft.
SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
Nov 14, 2019, 4:43 PM ET

It's been a good week. Finding a way to win finally, and Baker is getting back to some form. Adding Kareem Hunt to the side has been huge.

Shame the NFL will fold to the fake outrage. They'll probably suspend Ogunjobi and Randall too and reward Aaron Hernandez's friend just to keep the media happy. But Chad Thomas has been pretty good the last two weeks, and hopefully Vernon is back from injury to cover for Myles. Lucky it's just Miami this week.

Another positive win moving forward Ishame about the last 8 seconds overshadowing what would’ve been a blowout if Austin siebert kicked those 2 field goals.. I was talking to a Steelers fan at work and he wants Garrett kicked out of the nfl and that browns fans were celebrating like we won the super bowl but I saw none of that and have heard no one condoning what garret did unlike the eagle fans when brayshaw had his jaw broke.

What an absolute s**t show. Dorsey deserves blame for hiring of and putting this s**t o line together. Once again pathetic browns cya next year

bit of a surprise...

---------

Browns waived DE Chris Smith.
Inked to a three-year, $14 million contact in '18, Smith totaled just 17 tackles over 25 appearances as a reserve with the Browns. Chad Thomas' breakout in place of Myles Garrett (suspension) and Olivier Vernon (knee) has been impactful, but the team still has major depth issues in their defensive trenches. Perhaps more reasons for Smith's release leak out down the road. Still only 27, it would not be shocking to see him land on his feet with a playoff contender prepping to play beyond December.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter
Dec 3, 2019, 9:21 AM ET

Eking out a win against the Bengals, gives us the W but jeez you just can’t have any confidence in this team. Looked like lots of mistimed throws from Baker. Had Landry and Beckham in some bad positions to get injured like Njoku did in week 1.

The pick 6 from Denzel was great to see. I understand the last one we had was in 2017.

Devastating but not surprising Season ending loss to the cards today. Defence was extremely poor with the cards gashing us with 200+ Yards rushing, shcobert played his worst game as a pro(maybe dorce was rite in not paying him big) as was the d line in not getting any sacks on the rookie qb Murray . I think 24 pnts should’ve been enough to win for the offence although we really needed baker to extend drives in some instances. It’s hard to tell if Freddy needs to go for again questionable play calls and Chubb only getting 17 carries leading the league in rushing. Another s**t year same old browns we’ll never change with the haslams owning the club.

Really wish we drafted Lamar instead of Baker. Massive year for bake next year is he going to be a franchise qb or not? 4 things mayfield needs to do this off season 1. study nfl defences, 2. Work on Beckham chemistry, 3. Stop those embarrassing commercials 4. Actually exercise: muffin top ain’t gonna cut it needs to be lean and quick like Kyler Murray.
Draft and trade:
O line, D line, Safety, linebacker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really wish we drafted Lamar instead of Baker. Massive year for bake next year is he going to be a franchise qb or not? 4 things mayfield needs to do this off season 1. study nfl defences, 2. Work on Beckham chemistry, 3. Stop those embarrassing commercials 4. Actually exercise: muffin top ain’t gonna cut it needs to be lean and quick like Kyler Murray.
Draft and trade:
O line, D line, Safety, linebacker
I like Mayfield but sometimes I question him. Needs to draw less media attention for his own good imo. Don’t think the play calling by Kitchens helped him much this year though. Would have been better off keeping Greg Williams

I like Mayfield but sometimes I question him. Needs to draw less media attention for his own good imo. Don’t think the play calling by Kitchens helped him much this year though. Would have been better off keeping Greg Williams
Yes I love Greg Williams I think he should be in the running for defensive coordinator of the year. Looking back at it the team seemed much more disciplined last year with his hard ass approach plus i know baker likes him. I think Steve wilks has been ok though with what he’s had to work with, injuries n all. But even darnold and Allen I like more than baker at this stage of his career.

If it goes down as I suspect, this franchise is completely and utterly screwed (person I alluded to will be fully in charge and he is who helped usher in 1-31)

Only bright side is the below tweet is from a notorious self promoter himself..but aligns with what my understanding was when I posted above...

David Njoku said he's "not sure" he'll be back if coach Freddie Kitchens returns next season.
This adds Njoku to a growing list of Browns players that have had fallouts with Kitchens. Njoku got into it with Kitchens in Week 14 after he dropped a pass on the opening drive that was picked off. He's been a healthy scratch since and could sit out the regular season finale. Njoku has another year and team option remaining on his rookie deal, but the Browns may look to shop him if Kitchens stays.
SOURCE: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Dec 28, 2019, 11:21 AM ET

The Athletic's Michael Lombardi reports the Browns are expected to make "more than just a head-coaching change" this offseason.
The Browns have backed Freddie Kitchens despite a disappointing first season, but it wouldn't be surprising to see them move on. Kitchens hasn't been able to keep the locker room together, with sideline spats with Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry in recent weeks. Baker Mayfield has also regressed under Kitchens, who's been at the center of Cleveland's playcalling struggles. Kitchens is very much on the hot seat going into Black Monday. In addition to Kitchens, it sounds like GM John Dorsey's job isn't safe.
SOURCE: Michael Lombardi on Twitter
Dec 28, 2019, 9:07 AM ET

Interested to see what happens with Beckham, if they try and keep him round with another coach or if it's simply time to cut bait already.

Can see a team like the Raiders being very interested given they were happy to trade for Antonio Brown if the Browns are looking to move on.

Interested to see what happens with Beckham, if they try and keep him round with another coach or if it's simply time to cut bait already.

Can see a team like the Raiders being very interested given they were happy to trade for Antonio Brown if the Browns are looking to move on.

If it comes to pass as I fear, stockpiling future picks is what will be the franchise mantra

can’t have enough second/third/fourth round picks

and god forbid they slide into 2020 top 10, will need to trade down for some more second and thirds

;)

If it comes to pass as I fear, stockpiling future picks is what will be the franchise mantra

can’t have enough second/third/fourth round picks

and god forbid they slide into 2020 top 10, will need to trade down for some more second and thirds

;)

Nice to have forever the optimist AC back. 😂 (by optimist I mean highly pessimistic )

Was weird this past offseason.

Browns aren't that far away honestly, a couple of olineman and a coach who knows what he's doing and they'll be a playoff team next year.

Blowing the whole thing up on the back of one year would be some really dumb s**t, especially given the loyalty Haslem showed Jackson. Dorsey deserves to stay, done far more good than bad and one s**t coaching appointment should not be the be all and end all. ( Still should have listened to me when I said to appoint Bruce Arians as coach last offseason shouldn't have they 😉 )

2019 was the humble pie the franchise needed. Will be back on the right track again next year imo.

Browns aren't that far away honestly, a couple of olineman and a coach who knows what he's doing and they'll be a playoff team next year.

Blowing the whole thing up on the back of one year would be some really dumb s**t, especially given the loyalty Haslem showed Jackson. Dorsey deserves to stay, done far more good than bad and one s**t coaching appointment should not be the be all and end all. ( Still should have listened to me when I said to appoint Bruce Arians as coach last offseason shouldn't have they 😉 )

2019 was the humble pie the franchise needed. Will be back on the right track again next year imo.

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago (way ahead of reports today)...the problem is a certain someone who REMAINED in the organization after jettisoning Sashi and Hue.

He has attached himself to ownership and has been actively working on them alllllllllll season

Heading down a repeat of 1-31, if that goes down

Absolutely, Arians would have been great—Dorsey didn’t want it

gonna end up outsmarting himself it appears

TBF ....I think Arians didn't really want the job once he found out his buddy Freddy was in he running for it did he not?

You could easily argue it was stupid to even consider a rbs coach with no HC experience for the job on the back of half a season of play calling tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back