Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Remove this Banner Ad

ESPN's Adam Schefter believes a first- and fourth-round pick would be the "starting point" in trade negotiations for Jimmy Garoppolo.

"I don’t even know if they would do it then," Schefter added. "My own sense on Garoppolo is that they are going to explore that market. That they are going to listen. They are going to see what is out there and if some team steps forward and makes it such that they have to trade him they will, but they are just not going to look to give him away. That is not going to happen." A first and fourth was what the Vikings traded the Eagles for Sam Bradford. The Browns have already been named as one team that will "go hard" after Garoppolo. They have two first-rounders in 2017. The 49ers and Bears could also come calling.

Source: WEEI Boston

I like Turbisky...good Russian name! If Kessler is not our man, maybe this kid is. 28-4 record this year with almost 3500 yards. Protects the ball, has a cannon, and can move outside the pocket...yet he is happy to sling from the pocket.

We won Crowy! We WON!!! SUNSHINE and RAINBOWS you miserable....

Yes how wonderful these bunch of unqualified idiots led us to 1-15 record

Sunshine and rainbows for all!!!

;)

Think it was always a given an established scout was going to come on board. Didn't think that was news.

But of course that article makes it seem like an uprising from the coaches. Just have to look at the author, he'll take any chance to write a negative Browns article. I can see why some 'fans' would hang on his every word...

Oh hey...they are sorry. Lucky me

I see they will indeed retain these morons for another year..I expect nothing less than a trade down from #1 and accumulation of more future picks.

I listened to that presser yesterday and it sickened me. But I am not surprised. Don't worry, I will post a lot less in 2017 on this particular page.

Hopefully a year from now the apology letter is replaced with a, "this time I will actually seek out professionals that understand the game and are qualified to be in the spots I put them in" letter.

Enjoy winning the draft to those that like losing and think it takes 25 years to construct a team. ;)

Dear Scott,

With the close of the 2016 season, we wanted to thank you again for all of your support and apologize for such a disappointing year.

We greatly appreciate the tremendous passion and loyalty of Browns fans, and it is a difficult season like this that shows how truly fortunate we are to have such support. We fully recognize how tough this season has been for you, and we want to let you know it has been equally hard for us. We are extremely grateful for your support and do not take it for granted.

Clearly, this season has been a painful part of our building process. You deserve the best, and you certainly deserve better than a 1-15 team. We are sorry that our results have not been better.

Immediately following last season, we communicated our commitment to bringing in strong, smart leaders with high character, who would be relentlessly driven to improve our football team and look at every resource possible. We continue to feel very good about the leaders we have in place – Coach Hue Jackson, Sashi Brown, and Paul DePodesta – and how they have approached their individual roles, while working extremely well together, all with the sole interest of creating a consistent winning football team for you, the fans. While we obviously did not accomplish that this season, our confidence in our leadership’s character, attitude, approach and ability remains strong as we faced this year’s challenges.

We understand the critical nature of this upcoming offseason as we continue to improve our roster. Our personnel group has positioned us very well to add quality players through multiple high draft picks while maintaining salary cap flexibility and the ability to sign and retain our core nucleus of players.

We remain committed and determined to rewarding you with the consistent winning team you deserve. We will continue to do all we can to reach that goal.

Thank you for your support.

OuKGbCgVdu31eqwcTdrleru87ZxDI5ccQAEt3G9q4wtIc5w4dU7H0TmebdU5MkoEmac2DNfXLpOJMAU-OZ_LEKb7Z-lSLzvUxfOXBS_sXPA=s0-d-e1-ft

Dee and Jimmy Haslam

That's a nice letter! Stick around AC for next year. We all want to enjoy a winning season with you.
Oh hey...they are sorry. Lucky me

I see they will indeed retain these morons for another year..I expect nothing less than a trade down from #1 and accumulation of more future picks.

I listened to that presser yesterday and it sickened me. But I am not surprised. Don't worry, I will post a lot less in 2017 on this particular page.

Hopefully a year from now the apology letter is replaced with a, "this time I will actually seek out professionals that understand the game and are qualified to be in the spots I put them in" letter.

Enjoy winning the draft to those that like losing and think it takes 25 years to construct a team. ;)

Dear Scott,

With the close of the 2016 season, we wanted to thank you again for all of your support and apologize for such a disappointing year.

We greatly appreciate the tremendous passion and loyalty of Browns fans, and it is a difficult season like this that shows how truly fortunate we are to have such support. We fully recognize how tough this season has been for you, and we want to let you know it has been equally hard for us. We are extremely grateful for your support and do not take it for granted.

Clearly, this season has been a painful part of our building process. You deserve the best, and you certainly deserve better than a 1-15 team. We are sorry that our results have not been better.

Immediately following last season, we communicated our commitment to bringing in strong, smart leaders with high character, who would be relentlessly driven to improve our football team and look at every resource possible. We continue to feel very good about the leaders we have in place – Coach Hue Jackson, Sashi Brown, and Paul DePodesta – and how they have approached their individual roles, while working extremely well together, all with the sole interest of creating a consistent winning football team for you, the fans. While we obviously did not accomplish that this season, our confidence in our leadership’s character, attitude, approach and ability remains strong as we faced this year’s challenges.

We understand the critical nature of this upcoming offseason as we continue to improve our roster. Our personnel group has positioned us very well to add quality players through multiple high draft picks while maintaining salary cap flexibility and the ability to sign and retain our core nucleus of players.

We remain committed and determined to rewarding you with the consistent winning team you deserve. We will continue to do all we can to reach that goal.

Thank you for your support.

OuKGbCgVdu31eqwcTdrleru87ZxDI5ccQAEt3G9q4wtIc5w4dU7H0TmebdU5MkoEmac2DNfXLpOJMAU-OZ_LEKb7Z-lSLzvUxfOXBS_sXPA=s0-d-e1-ft

Dee and Jimmy Haslam

Only the blind could not see this coming---apologies accepted boys :)

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/...or-front-office-changes/#.WGkjucvNOVg.twitter

management shake-up is hardly out of the question. The Browns’ coaches have deep concerns with the direction of the personnel department, according to numerous team and league sources, and will discuss the matter with Haslam soon.
This is bilge. A CBS hack who wants to sow discontent. The organisation must not blink after only one year. Everyone needs to get a reality check. They are the YOUNGEST (most inexperienced) team in the NFL. They are kids learning their craft the hard way.

They remind me of the Mighty CATS in the early 2000's. We picked up kids like Corey, Enright, Scarlett, Ling, Ablett, Bartell, Selwood, Rooke, Hunt, Hawkins, Chapman, Harley, Mooney, (and list goes on). We got our ass handed to us for years. But boys grew into men. 2007 Flag was 6 years in the making and so have been the last 10 years of dominance. I know the NFL is different, but not that much different. They have a plan...sick to it when everyone else abandons and then shove it up them all when you win.

2017-18 - Browns will go 8/8 and the CATS will win the FLAG!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we end up trading a first rounder for garappolo i think ill spew.

Hopefully we hold onto our first 2 picks. The top 3 players in this draft for mine are be Myles Garrett, Jonathan Allen or Jamal Adams. Would be happy with any of them at 1. Dream scenario Fournette falls into our lap at 12. Not in love with any of the qbs in this draft, ill never be able to watch the eagles because Wentz just reminds me of what could have been. Hue Jackson reportedly wants a QB however, so with that in mind, if Pat Mahomes was still available at 33 id be pretty happy with us drafting him, or even trading back up into round 1 to get an extra year on his rookie contract.

If we end up trading a first rounder for garappolo i think ill spew.

Hopefully we hold onto our first 2 picks. The top 3 players in this draft for mine are be Myles Garrett, Jonathan Allen or Jamal Adams. Would be happy with any of them at 1. Dream scenario Fournette falls into our lap at 12. Not in love with any of the qbs in this draft, ill never be able to watch the eagles because Wentz just reminds me of what could have been. Hue Jackson reportedly wants a QB however, so with that in mind, if Pat Mahomes was still available at 33 id be pretty happy with us drafting him, or even trading back up into round 1 to get an extra year on his rookie contract.
As a Ravens fan I want the browns to be competitive but if they give the patriots one of their first for jimmy well you guys will be stuck in mediocrity for a long time just hope you guys continue working on getting all the puzzles filled out and draft a QB that hue can develop since you are clearly rebuilding without any pressure just hope hue gets a couple of years to improve but if it's another 1-15 then it's time to cut your losses and find a real coach that can gel the team with all the high draft picks you will have gotten in last years draft and upcoming

I wouldn't have an issue with trading for Garoppolo. Yes, ideal scenario would be to keep both the first round picks but it's not that easy. The market will probably force us to part with pick 12 if we want him. And if we want him, then just go get him. If we're looking for a franchise guy, he'd be more likely than anyone available at 12 or 33 in this draft in my opinion. Or more likely than Tyrod or McCarron, even if they'd be cheaper.

We've got all this cap space and picks for a reason.

I wouldn't have an issue with trading for Garoppolo. Yes, ideal scenario would be to keep both the first round picks but it's not that easy. The market will probably force us to part with pick 12 if we want him. And if we want him, then just go get him. If we're looking for a franchise guy, he'd be more likely than anyone available at 12 or 33 in this draft in my opinion. Or more likely than Tyrod or McCarron, even if they'd be cheaper.

We've got all this cap space and picks for a reason.

Agree with bolded. If they think he's the guy, then go hard for him.

Disagree with the rest. He's not the guy, and trading a first for him would be so Browns

Don't see the Browns going for Grappolo. There are other teams after him as well it may be a bidding war.
Letting McCown go means they will be getting another QB, but it will probably be through the draft.
Kessler being the backup for next year.

Browns have 11 picks, will be busy again in April

Posted by Zac Jackson on February 24, 2017, 5:48 PM EST

zz00ngfmztbiyzixnge2ymmwodlmzdkwnjfjztfkogmzmq-e1453475475590.jpeg
AP
Friday’s official announcement of compensatory picks for the 2017 NFL Draft allowed the Browns and other teams around the league to close the books on some previous business, specifically in finalizing trades and in knowing the exact spot in the order of certain picks they hold in this year’s draft.

As previously outlined, the Browns had agreed to send a third-round compensatory pick to the Patriots, if they got one, before last year’s trade deadline to acquire linebacker Jamie Collins. They did receive a compensatory third-round pick, No. 103 overall, so that goes to the Patriots.

The Browns also got a pair of fourth-round picks and one fifth-round compensatory pick. One of those fourth-round picks, No. 139 overall, will go to the Eagles as part of last year’s pre-draft trade that allowed the Eagles to move up and select Carson Wentz.

So, the Browns currently hold 11 picks in this year’s draft, including Nos. 1 and 12 in the first round and five of the first 65 picks. They tied a record by drafting 14 players last season.

This is the third consecutive year and fourth time since 2012 that the Browns have held 10 or more picks, and it goes without saying that the franchise is a bit overdue in using those picks to spark a turnaround.

Browns have let Andrew Hawkins go.

Pity, he seemed a good bloke in the media bits I've seen but it seemed like it was coming.

Looking to see who his replacement will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back