Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi, I'm new around here and I have never seen Josh Gordon play.

How good a player was he ?
Do you think he would still be able to play in the NFL ?
Would you want him back ?

Hi, I'm new around here and I have never seen Josh Gordon play.

How good a player was he ?
Do you think he would still be able to play in the NFL ?
Would you want him back ?
He was beastly, all athleticism, speed height strength. Not a tactician, route runner. If he was motivated he could still be decent. He only had like one and a half big years at the very start, long time ago now questionable if he can regain it.

Listened to a Joe Thomas radio interview, amongst the mirth, Joe said it takes 3 years to properly assess a players ability to play in the NFL.

So provided the Browns can keep the coaching and management side stable for the next 4-5 years the team could come good by then ! :)

Btw Joe Thomas seems like a good bloke, he knows the reality of the NFL business and he has a sense of humour !

Listened to a Joe Thomas radio interview, amongst the mirth, Joe said it takes 3 years to properly assess a players ability to play in the NFL.

So provided the Browns can keep the coaching and management side stable for the next 4-5 years the team could come good by then ! :)

Btw Joe Thomas seems like a good bloke, he knows the reality of the NFL business and he has a sense of humour !
Joe is very good. He reminds me of Bob Murphy. Albeit a better player. I hope plays in a Super Bowl win

EVPFO Sashi Brown had a press conference yesterday. He didn't say anything new.

=Couldn't comment on QBs with other teams due to NFL rules.
-Keen to do a deal with Terrell Pryor
-Couldn't comment on Josh Gordon as he needs to be reinstated first. But they have kept in touch with him, because they care about him as a young man.
-They will go with the QBs they have until they get someone else......
- They are satisfied with Wentz deal, as it has given them the number of draft picks.
- Will look at offers to trade draft picks
- Will look at free agent opportunities
- Will replace veteran players as new players gain experience.

Couldn't see anything new there

Hue Jackson gave a Press conference at the combine
Nearly all questions about QB's
- His criteria for a QB are Can they throw, can they process the game at NFL speed, can they be the leader of the organisation, can they handle the pressure that comes with it.
-Working on getting RGIII better going forward as well the other QBs
-No one has claimed the QB position yet.
-Doing everything they can to find a QB
-Didn't talk about trades for QB
-It's too soon to judge if any of the college QBs could start in the NFL, still in the process of finding out.

He is looking forward to the day when he doesn't have to answer any questions about QBs.

No questions about card games :)

I don't think we will take Myles Garrett. I think we will get Johnathan Allen with number 1. We drafted two DE last year in Ogbah and Nassib, they're both talents. We have Shelton, all we need is another big DT then we have our D line set. Allen fits that need, not Garrett.

I don't think we will take Myles Garrett. I think we will get Johnathan Allen with number 1. We drafted two DE last year in Ogbah and Nassib, they're both talents. We have Shelton, all we need is another big DT then we have our D line set. Allen fits that need, not Garrett.
Gotta take BPA especially early in the first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we traded up for Trub, and got Garrett it might be a real swing moment for the franchise. Like when Oakland got Carr and Mack.

I think the plan at the moment is probably Tyrod Taylor. Get him as a free agent, as opposed to trading #12 for Garoppolo. Then there's no real pressure on the draft.

Can grab a young QB if there's one we like, but we're not forced to do so if the cards don't fall that way. And we've then got two first round picks to go best available with.

And then if the reports on his shoulders are accurate, why not Garrett and Allen?

I think the plan at the moment is probably Tyrod Taylor. Get him as a free agent, as opposed to trading #12 for Garoppolo. Then there's no real pressure on the draft.

Can grab a young QB if there's one we like, but we're not forced to do so if the cards don't fall that way. And we've then got two first round picks to go best available with.

And then if the reports on his shoulders are accurate, why not Garrett and Allen?

Yep great call. Don't waste a high pick on a hack QB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back