Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the signings so far. Pro football says we'll have a top 5 O-line once we get Zeitler qnd Tretter. Also giving money to Bitonio is a smart move provided he stays healthy. Probably an indication we are taking a QB in the draft at 12 i think.

Huh...so turns out offensive line IS important....go figure. Expensive lesson for FO to learn.

Bottom line, I don't care about the money...and if they are prepared to give up draft picks for a qb to start winning---well it is about goddamn time they realized you play to win the game and not for some future unknown year.

To bad they had established a losing reputation by going 1-15 last season...the Safety from Arizona would have been a nice piece.

Still need linebacker help...defensive backfield help and a wide receiver worth a s**t.

Much work remains

Waking up to free agency is so much more fun when the Browns are active for once.

Very happy with all the deals so far, nice to give Joe Thomas some friends again. Playing things smart with the Osweiler trade too. If the Garoppolo trade doesn't get down, it won't be for lack of trying.

Disappointing that Pryor looks set to leave. I think he overestimated his market value, probably won't return now just out of principle. Although if anyone is going to overpay a free agent just to distract from the dumpster fire that is their organisation, it's the Redskins.

Don't mind the osweiler trade, obviously not a long term solution but a smart way to turn our free cap space into picks. Reports that NE want pick 1 for JG, please no.

Don't mind the osweiler trade, obviously not a long term solution but a smart way to turn our free cap space into picks. Reports that NE want pick 1 for JG, please no.
Haha the number 1 pick, try 12 and a second rounder in 2018 at an absolute maximum. Garett is ours.
Pretty sure there is a thing called the draft coming up.....

I flat out wouldn't trade a first round pick for him. Franchise quarterbacks are un-tradeable, so NE willing to do a deal for him tells you all you need to know
New England willing to deal Jimmy tells you we have Tom Brady, who continues to perform at an unprecedented level and appears intent on playing for 3-5 more seasons. Belichick will do what he feels is best for New England not the Browns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New England willing to deal Jimmy tells you we have Tom Brady, who continues to perform at an unprecedented level and appears intent on playing for 3-5 more seasons.

Tom Brady is 40 years old. BB is probably the smartest man in the NFL, with a degree in economics and an amazing ability to not become attached to any player (unlike people like Jerry Jones). If Bill thought Jimmy was the next franchise QB, he's not trading him. He's experienced what the NFL is like without a franchise QB.

Belichick will do what he feels is best for New England not the Browns.

exactly.

Tom Brady is 40 years old. BB is probably the smartest man in the NFL, with a degree in economics and an amazing ability to not become attached to any player (unlike people like Jerry Jones). If Bill thought Jimmy was the next franchise QB, he's not trading him. He's experienced what the NFL is like without a franchise QB.

exactly.
The problem you have is you appear to be referencing Brady according to historical precedent when what Brady is doing is without historical precedent. FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised to see both Belichick and Brady retire at the same time, whenever that may be.

New England willing to deal Jimmy tells you we have Tom Brady, who continues to perform at an unprecedented level and appears intent on playing for 3-5 more seasons. Belichick will do what he feels is best for New England not the Browns.

With the Browns messy egg of having Brock O landing on their doorstep, you can't think it's possible they'll (Browns) be clever enough to hatch a move which sends out Brock and swing a deal for Jimmy without no loss of that 2018 pick acquired from the Texans? More like that the Browns will lose a first and that second 2018 pick for Jimmy and still have Brock getting overpaid in a Browns guernsey. I wouldn't without a remote chance of the Redskins' being dumb enough to take RG3 back or maybe Brock and move on Kirk Cousens.

The problem you have is you appear to be referencing Brady according to historical precedent when what Brady is doing is without historical precedent.

Brady is a freak. Being this good at 40 is amazing, and truly a testament to his professionalism. He truly has shown no signs of slowing down, he's actually getting better. I think he's got MINIMUM 2 years of quality football left. The thing is though, if your BB or RC, and you think JG is your franchise QB for the next 10 years, what does a first round pick mean to you when your giving up the next franchise guy? What happens if TB12 suffers an injury, or falls off a cliff (because like you said, they're is no historical precedent for what the man is doing).

They're the best run franchise in the NFL, and its not even close. If they think Jimmy is the next franchise quarterback, there isnt anything my team offer that is worth giving that up. If they don't think he's a franchise qb, they'll trade him for the best deal they can get.

Either way, Cleveland will not leave this trade with a franchise quarterback. Which is why i don't want to trade for him, especially not a first rounder.

With the Browns messy egg of having Brock O landing on their doorstep, you can't think it's possible they'll (Browns) be clever enough to hatch a move which sends out Brock and swing a deal for Jimmy without no loss of that 2018 pick acquired from the Texans? More like that the Browns will lose a first and that second 2018 pick for Jimmy and still have Brock getting overpaid in a Brown guernsey.

The Brock deal is one of the most un-browns things I've seen us do for quite a few years. Im actually shocked at the intelligence of it. It makes me think its too good to be true and we'll somehow end up with no first round pick and Brock as our starting quarterback

The problem you have is you appear to be referencing Brady according to historical precedent when what Brady is doing is without historical precedent. FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised to see both Belichick and Brady retire at the same time, whenever that may be.

Lots of reports have said that Bill would like to coach after brady.

The two aren't very close, and there is a certain element of competition between the two. Id be more surprised if Bill retired with Brady. He wants to prove he can win without the GOAT

Last edited:
The Brock deal is one of the most un-browns things I've seen us do for quite a few years. Im actually shocked at the intelligence of it. It makes me think its too good to be true and we'll somehow end up with no first round pick and Brock as our starting quarterback

The word 'intelligence' has no business being included in your response. But to screw up by not having any first round picks wouldn't surprise as the OLB/ secondary depth is believed to be deep in this draft. They have even reason to draft down. The Browns need to establish a sturdy D to have any hope and then patch up the O with smarter off-season FA signings. That's how I would go about it.

The word 'intelligence' has no business being including in your response. But to screw up by not having any first round picks wouldn't surprise as the OLB/ secondary depth is believed to be deep in this draft. They have even reason to draft down. The Browns need to establish a sturdy D to have any hope and then patch up the O with smarter off-season FA gets. That's how I would go about it.

Ill say it again. Trading for Brock was an intelligent move. :)

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we did trade down, its been somewhat of a trend of ours. Personally, i feel we've already got enough picks, 11 this year and 11 next year. Its time we started to get some talent in. Garrett can be a difference maker from day 1. You can point to positions of need, but realistically we are the least talented team in the NFL, we need help everywhere. I think we've already started patching up that o-line, this free agency period.

Realistically though, the Browns are the Browns and we are both probably wasting our time commenting on the worst run franchise in American Sports.

Brady is a freak. Being this good at 40 is amazing, and truly a testament to his professionalism. He truly has shown no signs of slowing down, he's actually getting better. I think he's got MINIMUM 2 years of quality football left. The thing is though, if your BB or RC, and you think JG is your franchise QB for the next 10 years, what does a first round pick mean to you when your giving up the next franchise guy? What happens if TB12 suffers an injury, or falls off a cliff (because like you said, they're is no historical precedent for what the man is doing).

They're the best run franchise in the NFL, and its not even close. If they think Jimmy is the next franchise quarterback, there isnt anything my team offer that is worth giving that up. If they don't think he's a franchise qb, they'll trade him for the best deal they can get.

Either way, Cleveland will not leave this trade with a franchise quarterback. Which is why i don't want to trade for him, especially not a first rounder.
Regarding the bold, I'm reasonably certain there is a lot Cleveland has that could entice New England to trade with them, Josh Gordon being one notable asset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back