Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding the bold, I'm reasonably certain there is a lot Cleveland has that could entice New England to trade with them, Josh Gordon being one notable asset.

That also has nothing to do with my point.

There are only 2 possible scenarios

1) NE think Jimmy Garopolo is a franchise quarterback.
if that is the case they don't trade him. No matter what. Franchise quarterbacks are untouchable.

2) NE don't think Jimmy Garapolo is a franchise quarterback.
if that is the case, they do trade him, and the browns being the browns will probably end up being bent over.

Either way, Cleveland are not going to end up with a franchise quarterback, which is why i wouldn't trade a first rounder for him.

So if you're NE, and you think JG is your next franchise quarterback, you'd trade him for Josh Gordon?
No, I'd trade him for Josh Gordon and picks because we've got Tom Brady. It's not difficult to understand that Tom Brady's ongoing performance makes Garoppolo an expendable asset.

That also has nothing to do with my point.

There are only 2 possible scenarios

1) NE think Jimmy Garopolo is a franchise quarterback.
if that is the case they don't trade him. No matter what. Franchise quarterbacks are untouchable.

2) NE don't think Jimmy Garapolo is a franchise quarterback.
if that is the case, they do trade him, and the browns being the browns will probably end up being bent over.

Either way, Cleveland are not going to end up with a franchise quarterback, which is why i wouldn't trade a first rounder for him.
That's simply not true.

No, I'd trade him for Josh Gordon and picks because we've got Tom Brady. It's not difficult to understand that Tom Brady's ongoing performance makes Garoppolo an expendable asset.

He's only expendable if he's not your franchise quarterback for the next 10 years.

That's simply not true.

Agree to disagree :)

I flat out wouldn't trade a first round pick for him. Franchise quarterbacks are un-tradeable, so NE willing to do a deal for him tells you all you need to know

Smart business is listening to a deal for ANY player though. He's not worth a first rounder, but it's what we would have to pay for him.

He's only expendable if he's not your franchise quarterback for the next 10 years.

Agree to disagree :)
Garoppolo is expendable because the Patriots have the greatest QB to ever play the game in great form, showing no sign of decline, behind a much improved OL and with a team friendly contract. In life, there is such a thing as timing.

Garoppolo is expendable because the Patriots have the greatest QB to ever play the game in great form, showing no sign of decline, behind a much improved OL and with a team friendly contract. In life, there is such a thing as timing.

This.

BB has always shown that he'd rather cut a guy 1 year too early than 1 year too late. Tom will be 40 at the start of next season, i know he's a freak, the GOAT, but IMO if Ne thinks JG is their franchise for the next 10 years, they won't take the risk of Tom getting injured or falling off a cliff and not having JG ready to take over. As i said, Bill has seen what the NFL is like without a franchise QB, he's drafted 11 QB's, 1 is a franchise quarterback. If he thinks he's found his second, i don't think he'd trade him. If he doesn't think he's found his second, i don't want cleveland to trade him.

I hope even though you disagree with me, you can see where I'm coming from

Not keen on trading for J.Grappolo.

On the other hand, while watching the first half of the superbowl it looked like Brady was a bit past it.

He may want to play but I don't think he will play beyond next season.

BB has always shown that he'd rather cut a guy 1 year too early than 1 year too late. Tom will be 40 at the start of next season, i know he's a freak, the GOAT, but IMO if Ne thinks JG is their franchise for the next 10 years, they won't take the risk of Tom getting injured or falling off a cliff and not having JG ready to take over. As i said, Bill has seen what the NFL is like without a franchise QB, he's drafted 11 QB's, 1 is a franchise quarterback. If he thinks he's found his second, i don't think he'd trade him. If he doesn't think he's found his second, i don't want cleveland to trade him.

I hope even though you disagree with me, you can see where I'm coming from
I've understood your position from the beginning of our conversation it's more I don't agree with you and I've outlined why because what's happened with Brady is unprecedented. You've also got to couple that with how Belichick scoffs at the notion of replacing Brady any time something doesn't go right, shoots down comments about his age etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is your name Anthony Lima?

Way to old but anyone that follows this team understands his premise.

All the Browns did was correct mistakes made last off season when they undervalued offensive line--let pro bowlers walk thinking they were like middle infielders.

Then they made a trade, which IF it results in upgrade at qb is understandable. If they come away with Kessler and draft pick at qb it is an absurdly idiotic trade and Houston fleeced them.

Idiotic because they didn't need an extra 2 to get qb in this draft. Spending 16m for a 2nd at the end of the round is even dumber no matter what "analytical algorithms" they dream up.

Jury still out to see how it plays out, however, a "smart" franchise would have had the endgame in place prior to making the deal yesterday.

So far no evidence they did.

So no, not patting them on back for doing what they should have done/known last season.

We will see, but anyone jumping for joy does so prematurely at this stage.

The RGIII experiment is over.

This leaves Kessler, Hogan and Osweiler as the QBs

Will there be a Osweiler experiment ?

They will be getting another QB but as the days go by it looks like it will be in the draft.

Kessler to start !

Disappointing that Pryor looks set to leave. I think he overestimated his market value, probably won't return now just out of principle. Although if anyone is going to overpay a free agent just to distract from the dumpster fire that is their organisation, it's the Redskins.

So I was right about Pryor leaving, and the Redskins being a dumpster fire. But not about them overpaying.

Rosenhaus really overestimated the market, especially for a receiver who probably amounts to more of a #2. There was no chance of him coming back to the Browns and asking them to match.

Houston locals should settle down and be thankful. They gave up a year of their franchise, could have been two, and a second rounder for nothing. All they had to do is not pick up Osweiler.

The Browns were able to facilitate a trade that was good for both sides, and have saved Houston a year of redevelopment.

Pryor is all about me me me. No team focus. Clearly evident since he was willing to walk out despite us offering a multi year deal with the same guaranteed money as the Skins. Hes thinks hes better than he is and hes backing himself to perform for the big deal after next season. Its his right though so good luck to him.

Kessler will start at QB and i have no problems wIth that. If he can get a deep throw over the off season, he'll be much better. His completion percentage was the best of the rookies last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back