Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Remove this Banner Ad

Overall happy with the draft, but i was happy with other drafts in the last 5 or so years, so shows what i know :)

Positives:

- Didnt over think ourselves with pick 1, took the safe smart guy, well done nerds.
- Njoku could be anything, really like the pick and was my top rated TE
- Managed to once again get a future 1st rounder
- Think Larry Ogunjobi will be an unspectacular, but solid hard working player that you need

Negatives:

- Didnt like trading out of 12 with so much elite talent (even top 5) still on the board
- Despite this being the arguably the best corner class ever, we failed to get a day 1 starting CB. Reminds me of 2014 when we failed to get a WR in the best WR class of all time.

Question Marks:

- Peppers, lots of potential, but only had 1 interception in college. questions over where his best position is. But could definitely be special.
- Kizer, If he becomes the guy, then none of the other picks really matter, and this will be a franchise changing draft. If he doesn't, then we passed on some real quality secondary talent for another failed qb.
- Trubisky, If he ends up being a franchise qb, then we ****** up big time not taking him 1. Ultimately i don't think he will be, and am glad we didnt take him. But if he does.....
- Brantley - 2/3 round talent, but with the off-field cloud could be a wasted pick. But don't mind it as its only a 6th rounder.

Go browns!
Thanks for the analysis. Just like the AFL draft everyone is a winner at this stage. It's all speculation right now.
As for Trubisky, I'm glad we didn't pick him. it wasn't long ago that the experts were assessing this QB draft class to be a particularly poor one. Compared to 2014 none of them would be first rounders (we just happened to pick the only dud QB that year).

Personally the big negative happened outside the draft with Barnidge getting cut. His 2016 production was down which was understandable because of our laughable QB room. However, his experience would've been invaluable for our young TEs

And like you I'm disappointed we didn't draft more secondary help. Unless the approach is the pick them up via the UFA process.
I also would've liked another RB. Unless Duke picks up his game and Dayes surprises us I'm worried about the dependency on Crow.

Overall happy with the draft, but i was happy with other drafts in the last 5 or so years, so shows what i know :)

Question Marks:

- Peppers, lots of potential, but only had 1 interception in college. questions over where his best position is. But could definitely be special.
- Kizer, If he becomes the guy, then none of the other picks really matter, and this will be a franchise changing draft. If he doesn't, then we passed on some real quality secondary talent for another failed qb.
- Trubisky, If he ends up being a franchise qb, then we ****** up big time not taking him 1. Ultimately i don't think he will be, and am glad we didnt take him. But if he does.....
- Brantley - 2/3 round talent, but with the off-field cloud could be a wasted pick. But don't mind it as its only a 6th rounder.

Go browns!

as long as he isn't the reincarnation of Mingo.

Just got a chance to watch some of the press conferences.

The one guy who stood out to me was Kizer. Seemed much more mature than i though he was. His biggest knock as been he's a bit of a diva, but i didnt get that impression at all from the presser. Still not sold on him as a long term solution but he did impress me

The one guy who stood out to me was Kizer. Seemed much more mature than i though he was. His biggest knock as been he's a bit of a diva, but i didnt get that impression at all from the presser. Still not sold on him as a long term solution but he did impress me
Yeah, that's what I also gleaned from his interview. Very mature, calm, cool, modest, etc.

Damn I never thought much of Kizer, you're right though. I always thought he'd be a guy who shows you flashes but wasn't willing to put the work in. He's at least put work into his interviewing skills though.

Yeah, that's what I also gleaned from his interview. Very mature, calm, cool, modest, etc.

Know who else was a wonderful interview

Yeah that guy out of the league

:p

You guys obviously have a different benchmark to me as to what a worthy QB prospect is ;)

I won't dispute Kessler's ability to be a back-up in the NFL, but he lacks the arm talent to be successful starter
If his arm is the only factor, then I think he might make it. Reports are he has come to training with a canon! He's been working hard all off-season on strengthening his throwing action and coaches are very happy. I like the kid, hard worker, smart, and has potential to run an offense. He doesn't have to throw bombs, just release fast and hard over short distance...watch Brady!!! Hardly ever throws over 20 yards.

Johnny also performed well in the media. But I'm happy to give Kizer the benefit of the doubt right now. I'm also sure he is a better character off-field so already that's a win.

C'mon DeShone!

From Peter King's latest article, for those that haven't already seen it...

Cleveland’s QB depth chart in early May of recent seasons

2017: Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan, DeShone Kizer, Brock Osweiler.
2016: Robert Griffin III, Josh McCown, Cody Kessler, Austin Davis, Connor Shaw, Pat Devlin.
2015: Josh McCown, Johnny Manziel, Thaddeus Lewis, Connor Shaw.

2014: Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Tyler Thigpen, Connor Shaw.
2013: Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell, Thaddeus Lewis.

Five Mays. Fifteen different quarterbacks.
FWIW, I don't reckon any of Kessler, Hogan or Bwock will be there this time next year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Peter King's latest article, for those that haven't already seen it...

Cleveland’s QB depth chart in early May of recent seasons

2017: Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan, DeShone Kizer, Brock Osweiler.
2016: Robert Griffin III, Josh McCown, Cody Kessler, Austin Davis, Connor Shaw, Pat Devlin.
2015: Josh McCown, Johnny Manziel, Thaddeus Lewis, Connor Shaw.

2014: Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Tyler Thigpen, Connor Shaw.
2013: Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell, Thaddeus Lewis.

Five Mays. Fifteen different quarterbacks.
FWIW, I don't reckon any of Kessler, Hogan or Bwock will be there this time next year...

ill be shocked if Kessler isnt there this time next year

ill be shocked if Kessler isnt there this time next year

After the draft? Really? Surely its Kizer and whoever you draft next year.

Love what the Browns did in the draft this year, didnt reach for a scrub QB and set themselves up with more picks to trade and get one of the best QB's in a much better QB draft next year. Having said that, if Kizer works out and comes on strong at some stage this year even better, you have more great picks to add pieces around him.

The more i think about it the less i like trading down and passing on Hooker, Allen & Howard. Really not sold on Peppers, but hoping he shuts me up and becomes a stud. At the very least trading back gives us another game to have a vested interest in each weak.

http://waitingfornextyear.com/2017/05/the-character-of-kizer-while-were-waiting/

Interesting Article on Kizer and his relationship with his coach Brian Kelly

is the Browns season starting already ?

Draftee Howard Wilson fractures kneecap while running at rookie mini camp, probably out for season.

Hey guys, anyone got any information for buying tickets to the London game against the Vikings?

My mates a vikings fan and we just booked our flights. Not sure if we are looking in the right spot for our seats. If anyone has the correct sales site for the game, let us know please. Haha

Hey guys, anyone got any information for buying tickets to the London game against the Vikings?

My mates a vikings fan and we just booked our flights. Not sure if we are looking in the right spot for our seats. If anyone has the correct sales site for the game, let us know please. Haha

im looking to get tickets for week 1 against Steelers and I know you can get them on stubhub but they havent been officially released yet! Browns ticket people never reply to my emails.

Some good news

Howard Wilson does not require surgery on his now "slightly fractured" kneecap.May be ready to play mid season

No charges were laid against Caleb Brantley, the complaint was dismissed, as in post above

And former Brown Andrew Hawkins received his Masters Degree in Sports Management.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports DeShone Kixer is "on the fast-track" to winning the Browns' starting job.

Coach Hue Jackson said Kizer has been a "quick study." Kizer is being pushed to get up to speed as quickly as possible. Cody Kessler has been getting the majority of first-team reps, but it's starting to look like the Browns have no plans to slow play Kizer.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
May 26 - 6:14 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back