Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Remove this Banner Ad

Americans are weird creatures :p

I have seen the make-up of your foursomes mate...shall we discuss weird? ;)

ImageHelper.ashx

The Associated Press' Tom Withers reports No. 1 overall pick Myles Garrett will undergo "numerous tests" after re-injuring his left foot/ankle at Wednesday's minicamp practice.

It's the same ankle/foot that slowed Garrett as a college junior. The injury limited him at OTAs and was aggravated on Wednesday. "His reaction made me think it could be significant," Withers said of Garrett's injury. The aggravation occurred on a non-contact play, forcing Garrett to limp off the field.

Source: Tom Withers on Twitter

Browns first round DE Myles Garrett has been diagnosed with a lateral foot sprain.

It's good news after Garrett got a second opinion from Dr. Robert Anderson this weekend. Garrett is in a walking boot, but shouldn't need more than six weeks to recover. The Browns expect Garrett to be ready for training camp.

Source: Chronicle-Telegram

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, of all the Browns' quarterbacks, second-round rookie DeShone Kizer has made the "biggest leap" this offseason.

Since joining the Browns as the 52nd overall pick in April's draft Kizer has made noticeable strides in both accuracy and touch while also flashing improved mechanics. He's quickly closing the gap on Cody Kessler, though the true test for Kizer will come in the preseason. Ex-Texan Brock Osweiler is running a distant third in Cleveland's quarterback race.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, of all the Browns' quarterbacks, second-round rookie DeShone Kizer has made the "biggest leap" this offseason.

Since joining the Browns as the 52nd overall pick in April's draft Kizer has made noticeable strides in both accuracy and touch while also flashing improved mechanics. He's quickly closing the gap on Cody Kessler, though the true test for Kizer will come in the preseason. Ex-Texan Brock Osweiler is running a distant third in Cleveland's quarterback race.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

MKC carrying water for the Front Office idiots.

Glad to see the Browns have wrapped up yet another undefeated mini-camp season. Can't argue with 18 straight off season undefeated mini-camps. I honestly do not know how Pittspuke keeps up. ;)

Kurt Warner on ’99 expansion draft: It would have been fun to win Super Bowl in Cleveland

Posted by Charean Williams on July 13, 2017, 4:07 PM EDT

2482020-e1499976452759.jpg

Getty Images

In 1999, the Browns used the 29th spot in the expansion draft on Scott Milanovich of the Buccaneers and then selected Tim Couch No. 1 overall in the NFL Draft. Milanovich never threw a pass for the Browns, and Couch lasted only five seasons, going 22-37 with 64 touchdowns and 67 interceptions.

The Browns have had 26 other starting quarterbacks besides Couch, yet to find a franchise signal caller.

But the Browns could have had that guy in 1999 when the Rams left Kurt Warner unprotected in the expansion draft. Warner, of course, was a nobody then, having thrown only 11 career passes.

Warner said Thursday nothing would have changed for him, except the team he played for, but the Browns would have won a Super Bowl with him if they had foresight.

“Had I gone to Cleveland, how would my career be different? I have no idea,” Warner said on a Pro Football Hall of Fame conference call. “It would have been fun to win a Super Bowl in Cleveland, though. But I think when you’re going through the process, and you get to this point I always felt like wherever I was, I would be successful. A lot of people I think when they see my career, they hear or they remember sat on the bench for four years in college, got cut by the Packers, worked in a grocery store and then won the Super Bowl. That’s kind of the timeline that people see when they hear Kurt Warner. When I look at the timeline, I look at it and say, ‘Played one year in college, was player of the year in my conference, I played three years in Arena Football, went to the Arena Bowl twice and was voted the best quarterback in the league all three seasons, went to Europe for a year and was the top quarterback statistically the season I played there. So I look at it and say every time I played I was successful. Everybody else looks at it and says he didn’t play very much. So there were two different perspectives on it.

“So had I gone to Cleveland, I would have expected nothing else except to have success, somehow, someway, some form. Had I been on the field, I would have expected to play well and have success. . . . I believe had I gone there and had a chance to play, I would have helped that franchise go to places they’ve never been before. Whether it’s arrogance or confidence or whatever you want to call it, that was my mentality when I stepped between the lines on a football field that I was going to make my team and somehow, someway, I was going to find a way to succeed.”

Things worked out just fine for Warner. Trent Green got hurt; Warner got his chance and won a Super Bowl for the Rams, and he enters the Hall of Fame in the Class of 2017. Meanwhile, the Browns’ search for a quarterback continues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GG, y u do dis

He is trying to rile me up--that's y he do tat.

However, he cannot get me worked up:

1) competent front office
2) sold out marque matchup win at home, under the lights, in prime time national spotlight
3) first place
4) great players
5) entertaining brand of football
6) put points up on the board
7) solid defense
8) consistently beat arch rival
9) home playoff games assured

'nuff said

Browns first round TE David Njoku has struggled with fumbles at training camp.

Coach Hue Jackson called out Njoku after practice, saying he "needs to get that corrected." Njoku's ball security isn't a major concern, but it's a reminder there could be an Eric Ebron-esque learning curve despite a clear path to targets. Second-year TE Seth DeValve is a threat to Njoku's early-season role.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter

FS Ed Reynolds is out "for a significant time" with a knee injury.

This is disappointing as it is going to be interesting if he can hold his place under the new coaching regime.

Browns coach Hue Jackson said he plans to keep the same quarterback rotation at least until Friday.

The Browns will conduct their Orange and Brown scrimmage on Friday, and Jackson will wait to see how that plays out before making any decisions. Cody Kessler has remained the first quarterback through the rotation early in camp, but the Akron Beacon Journal's Nate Ulrich reports he has struggled. It is possible second-rounder DeShone Kizer is able to jump Kessler as early as this weekend. Brock Osweiler continues to work with the second-team offense.
Related: Brock Osweiler, DeShone Kizer

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal
Aug 1 - 9:02 AM

Andrew Gribble, who writes for the Cleveland Browns, praised Corey Coleman's impact in the first few days of training camp. Gribble noted that head coach Hue Jackson said of Coleman, "He looks explosive. He looks like the old Corey." Jackson also said his goal is to get Coleman through camp healthy so he can play in the preseason.

ESPN Cleveland reports "signs are pointing" to Brock Osweiler starting the Browns' first preseason game.

Osweiler hasn't seen many reps with the first-team offense, but outplayed DeShone Kizer and Cody Kessler in Friday's team scrimmage. Coach Hue Jackson said he could "shake things up" next week, suggesting Osweiler will be the new starter at practice. It's an unexpected turn in the Browns' quarterback battle. With Kessler struggling, the Week 1 job may be down to Osweiler and Kizer.
Related: Cody Kessler, DeShone Kizer

Source: ESPN Cleveland
Aug 5 - 5:39 PM

Andrew Gribble, who writes for the Cleveland Browns, praised Corey Coleman's impact in the first few days of training camp. Gribble noted that head coach Hue Jackson said of Coleman, "He looks explosive. He looks like the old Corey." Jackson also said his goal is to get Coleman through camp healthy so he can play in the preseason.

God bless you mate.

Now I beg you to please stay away from this page until after the Grand Final.

The last thing we need is the stench of this organization seeping into the Oval. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back