Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally agree, by any metric our defence is terrible, I'm not sure why people have the conception that it's any good, maybe they see who's starting at QB and assume its a hard nosed defensive side. Throw in Garrett and it's still well below average.

Our run defence is good. Shelton is a great run defender, he just bullies people. Ogunjobi has looked really good the snaps he's had. Kindred has been one of the better run stopping safeties in the NFL this year. Ogbah is also a good stopping DE.

Unfortunately our pass defence is beyond abysmal. We are simultaneously one of the top blitzing teams in the league, but one of the bottom teams for creating pressure on the QB. Thats actually impressive. Shelton has no penetration, cant even be on the field on passing downs. Sometimes it feels like Ogbahs not even out there, not what you want from the 32nd pick in last years draft. Nassib is marginally better than Ogbah but he's JAG.

Further more, our secondary is terrible. Jamar Taylor is the 109th out of 109 corners rated by PFF. I dont know why GW is playing him as a CB1. He's shown throughout his career he is only productive in the slot, so ******* play him there. I like McCourty and BBC, and think they'd do better out wide than Taylor but its still a weak CB group. Peppers is an inexperienced free safety and it shows. Don't know why we drafted him if we're going to play him out of the box. Our Linebackers have also been getting abused by tight ends, particularly the first 2 games.

AJ Green will determine who wins the game monday morning. If he plays like his usual self, just like AB and T.Y we will literally be able to do nothing to stop him. Hopefully he has a cold or something, because the only way the Browns win is if he's off his game

Seeing as Chris25 mentioned PFF (much to AC's displeasure) i thought id drop all the Browns players rankings for anyone who gives a s**t.

QB - Kizer is 31 out of 33. Deshaun Watson is 33rd

RB - Duke Johnson is 12th, i seriously love this kid, would love him to have the ball more. Crow is 43/51.

WR - Coleman is 40, Higgins 90, Britt 104 & Louis 107 out of 109 ranked WR's. Ex Browns Terrell Pryor and Taylor Gabriel are 102 and 27 respectively.

FB - Vitale is 7/18. Only half the teams even use a FB anymore

TE - Devalve has had a nice start to the season, he's at 6th. Telfer is 30th and Njoku 52nd out of 62.

T - No surprises Joe Thomas is ranked 1, my love for this man knows no bounds. Coleman having a decent start ranked 30th out of 72.

G - They like our guards. Bitonio is 6th and Zeitler 26th out of 71.

C - Tretter is 23rd - below average.

DT - OgunjoBAE has had a nice start to his career, he's at 29th, this kid is a beast i hope he gets more snaps as the year goes on. Shelton 54, Meter 67, and coley is surprisingly low at 113 out if 124.

DE - This is ugly. Orchard 65, Nassib 87 & Ogbah 93 out of 97. Need more from big Emmanuel.

LB - Burgess 36, then our starting 3 of Kirksey, Schobert and Collins are 71st, 72nd and 75th out of 87. Makes sense as TE's have had their way with us so far.

CB - McCourty is 3rd, been a great pick up. BBC is 20th, he's had a good start to his second year. Taylor is 109/109. Get him out of CB1 for the love of god. Joe Haden is 68th.

S - Kindred is 10th, he's been really good (except for that false start). Peppers is 80th out of 83. Former Brown backup safety and special teamer Jordan Poyer is ranked 1st, he might of been handy.

Ill probably update these again when we get more data and these rankings mean a little more. Im sure most of them will change quite a bit (except Thomas :) )

Browns apparently hate their uniforms, reportedly considering wild helmet change

The Browns might be getting a new look in the near future

Whoever was in charge of designing the Browns’ uniforms might not have a job for long, because apparently the team already hates the new look.

Less than two years after unveiling a completely new uniform, the Browns are already looking to start over.

At the NFL owners meeting this week, Browns co-owner Dee Haslam told ESPN Cleveland’s Tony Grossi that there were multiple problems with the team’s latest look.

For one, there was a general feeling that the team’s nine uniform combinations were too busy. Haslam also noted that there’s an issue with the fabric that makes the jerseys tight and uncomfortable for the players. That might explain their record last season.

The Browns and Nike spent roughly two years designing the new uniforms, which is why it’s such a shock that Cleveland might already want to replace them. The problem with getting new uniforms is that it’s a long process.

Under NFL rules, you can’t replace a uniform more than once every five years, meaning the Browns are stuck with their current duds until the end of the 2019 season. Also, it takes two years to design a new uniform, meaning the Browns likely won’t start planning for their new look until after the 2017 season.

“We’ve talked about it, but we haven’t conceptualized what that might be, and we have to work with the NFL on it,” Haslam said.

When the team does eventually go through the two-year design process, don’t look for them to make the same mistakes they made when they changed their uniform in 2015.

“We’ve learned a lot through that process,” Haslam said. “We will go through the process probably again.”

As for what the new uniforms might look like, Haslam didn’t want to give away any secrets.

“We’re the Cleveland Browns. We stand for a certain thing,” Haslam said. “I can’t imagine doing anything too crazy, can you? I can’t.”

Apparently, there is one crazy thing that might happen. A team source told Grossi that the Browns are “seriously looking” at the possibility of dumping their orange helmet and going with a white one. The team wore a white helmet between 1946 and 1949. The team also happened to win four straight world championships between 1946-49, so maybe going in that direction is the right move.

The all-orange look clearly isn’t popular because the Browns haven’t worn it a single time during their two seasons with the new uniforms.

Browns apparently hate their uniforms, reportedly considering wild helmet change

The Browns might be getting a new look in the near future

Whoever was in charge of designing the Browns’ uniforms might not have a job for long, because apparently the team already hates the new look.

Less than two years after unveiling a completely new uniform, the Browns are already looking to start over.

At the NFL owners meeting this week, Browns co-owner Dee Haslam told ESPN Cleveland’s Tony Grossi that there were multiple problems with the team’s latest look.

For one, there was a general feeling that the team’s nine uniform combinations were too busy. Haslam also noted that there’s an issue with the fabric that makes the jerseys tight and uncomfortable for the players. That might explain their record last season.

The Browns and Nike spent roughly two years designing the new uniforms, which is why it’s such a shock that Cleveland might already want to replace them. The problem with getting new uniforms is that it’s a long process.

Under NFL rules, you can’t replace a uniform more than once every five years, meaning the Browns are stuck with their current duds until the end of the 2019 season. Also, it takes two years to design a new uniform, meaning the Browns likely won’t start planning for their new look until after the 2017 season.

“We’ve talked about it, but we haven’t conceptualized what that might be, and we have to work with the NFL on it,” Haslam said.

When the team does eventually go through the two-year design process, don’t look for them to make the same mistakes they made when they changed their uniform in 2015.

“We’ve learned a lot through that process,” Haslam said. “We will go through the process probably again.”

As for what the new uniforms might look like, Haslam didn’t want to give away any secrets.

“We’re the Cleveland Browns. We stand for a certain thing,” Haslam said. “I can’t imagine doing anything too crazy, can you? I can’t.”

Apparently, there is one crazy thing that might happen. A team source told Grossi that the Browns are “seriously looking” at the possibility of dumping their orange helmet and going with a white one. The team wore a white helmet between 1946 and 1949. The team also happened to win four straight world championships between 1946-49, so maybe going in that direction is the right move.

The all-orange look clearly isn’t popular because the Browns haven’t worn it a single time during their two seasons with the new uniforms.

Ours' suck. We wear white basically every game. Don't really care but would like something different every now and then.

Our run defence is good. Shelton is a great run defender, he just bullies people. Ogunjobi has looked really good the snaps he's had. Kindred has been one of the better run stopping safeties in the NFL this year. Ogbah is also a good stopping DE.

Unfortunately our pass defence is beyond abysmal. We are simultaneously one of the top blitzing teams in the league, but one of the bottom teams for creating pressure on the QB. Thats actually impressive. Shelton has no penetration, cant even be on the field on passing downs. Sometimes it feels like Ogbahs not even out there, not what you want from the 32nd pick in last years draft. Nassib is marginally better than Ogbah but he's JAG.

Further more, our secondary is terrible. Jamar Taylor is the 109th out of 109 corners rated by PFF. I dont know why GW is playing him as a CB1. He's shown throughout his career he is only productive in the slot, so ******* play him there. I like McCourty and BBC, and think they'd do better out wide than Taylor but its still a weak CB group. Peppers is an inexperienced free safety and it shows. Don't know why we drafted him if we're going to play him out of the box. Our Linebackers have also been getting abused by tight ends, particularly the first 2 games.

AJ Green will determine who wins the game monday morning. If he plays like his usual self, just like AB and T.Y we will literally be able to do nothing to stop him. Hopefully he has a cold or something, because the only way the Browns win is if he's off his game

Great summary mate, totally agree RE: AJ Green. Some obvious major faults there. Could really rebuild that secondary with our own first-round pick/Houston's.

Great summary mate, totally agree RE: AJ Green. Some obvious major faults there. Could really rebuild that secondary with our own first-round pick/Houston's.

Yeh hes a freak of nature. Now obviously Gregg Williams knows 10000x more about football than i do, but you'll never be able to convince me leaving Jamar Taylor on an island with Antonio Brown and T.Y Hilton is a good idea. I hope we double cover Green all day

Also having some semblance of a pass rush might be handy

and yeh with our five picks in the first 2 rounds (assuming we dont need a qb) I think we need to WR, WR, CB, HB, S/CB, in no particular order

Yeh hes a freak of nature. Now obviously Gregg Williams knows 10000x more about football than i do, but you'll never be able to convince me leaving Jamar Taylor on an island with Antonio Brown and T.Y Hilton is a good idea. I hope we double cover Green all day

Also having some semblance of a pass rush might be handy

and yeh with our five picks in the first 2 rounds (assuming we dont need a qb) I think we need to WR, WR, CB, HB, S/CB, in no particular order

If the last draft taught me anything, probably to look for a sleeper when it comes to a running back, like Duke Johnson and Crowell as a tandem but would be incline to maybe adding more RB-depth.

Seen enough yet of these morons??

1-19 not sufficient to let it sink in they don't have a clue?

0-4 this season not enough?

Getting blasted (don't give me the garbage time tds they put up) by two teams combined 0-5 not sufficient??

Seriously, I can not WAIT to listen to the defense of these F'ing clowns in the FO

So--let's hear how smart they are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back