Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Bigelow

All Australian
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
gpodawund
It's something fans of other teams will never understand but I remember watching this bloke host the Hue Jackson Show on the Browns website and having to try and make that misery sound interesting. The sheer joy he shows is why we watch sport.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
The credit will obviously go to the current guys, but the Browns have barely put a foot wrong the last few years - other than the Jackson and Kitchens hires.

Draft - Garrett, Mayfield, Ward, Chubb, Wills
Free Agency - Hunt, Conklin, Hooper, Richardson, Tretter
Trade - Landry, Teller, Harrison

All since Paul DePodesta came to the Browns.

And we've made the playoffs without a defense - with injuries/illness to the few quality guys there. Hopefully free agents will want to come to the Browns now, not just for the money. Couple of linebackers, another CB and a healthy Delpit/Greedy and the AFC North should be ours next year.

It's something fans of other teams will never understand but I remember watching this bloke host the Hue Jackson Show on the Browns website and having to try and make that misery sound interesting. The sheer joy he shows is why we watch sport.

Good to hear about stuff like this. 😍

Nov 23, 2019
Perth Hills
AFL Club
Fremantle

To quote the Z directly “It’s playoff week baby!!!”

Wow what’s a journey it has been this year. Now LET’S GO!!!

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bakery Mayfield was the most accurate deep ball passer in the NFL this season.
Mayfield's adjusted completion rate on throws more than 20 yards downfield was 51.9 percent, according to Pro Football Focus. He attempted 54 deep shots on the season, the 16th most in the league. Deshaun Watson had the second best adjusted completion rate on downfield passes. Mayfield's success on deep passes brought a much-needed element to the Cleveland offense, which began the season as a conservative, run-heavy unit seemingly uninterested in big plays. Nearly 13 percent of Mayfield's throws beyond 20 yards over the season's final six weeks compared to a 10 percent deep throw rate in the season's first six weeks. Mayfield will have to remain aggressive if the Browns are going to upset Pittsburgh in the Wild Card round.
Jan 4, 2021, 8:46 AM ET

Surely Joe Thomas will take some snaps.

If there was anyone who deserved to suit up for a token Browns playoff snap, it's probably Joe.

Would just have to be at TE or something now haha

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
The credit will obviously go to the current guys, but the Browns have barely put a foot wrong the last few years - other than the Jackson and Kitchens hires.

Draft - Garrett, Mayfield, Ward, Chubb, Wills
Free Agency - Hunt, Conklin, Hooper, Richardson, Tretter
Trade - Landry, Teller, Harrison

All since Paul DePodesta came to the Browns.

And we've made the playoffs without a defense - with injuries/illness to the few quality guys there. Hopefully free agents will want to come to the Browns now, not just for the money. Couple of linebackers, another CB and a healthy Delpit/Greedy and the AFC North should be ours next year.
First 3 picks should all be used on linebackers

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
First 3 picks should all be used on linebackers

One has to be a CB and I don’t think there’ll be any debate after tomorrow. Denzel misses a few games every year, can hardly go into 2021 relying on Greedy either. Both Mitchell and Johnson are free agents too.

I’m all for a first round linebacker though.

Bigelow

All Australian
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
gpodawund
Seriously thought the Browns didnt have a hope, especially after the covid.

Consoled myself with how good a year it has been.

Til now !

:)

Nov 23, 2019
Perth Hills
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m late to the party as I’ve only just finished watching the full 4 hours of the game and wow, how good were we. Big props to MJ Stewart who I thought was outstanding in a depleted defense and our whole OL
that stood up with ongoing injuries.

im so stoked for how far we have come. Baker leads from the front and KS & AB have really shown that they are ahead of the game. I love where we are heading.

In terms of the 2021 draft, 4th & 5th strong corners out there today tells me that we need to invest there.

Last edited:
What a win. Steelers looked nervous as hell early and the Browns put them to the sword like a good team should. Really impressive performance.

Hunt running over multiple Steelers players on his way to the end zone was fun to watch.

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
One of those weird quirks of the 2020 season, Blake Hance finished the game at LG - he met Baker for the first time in the locker room before the game, and has yet to meet Stefanski, offensive line coach Bill Callahan or assistant offensive line coach Scott Peters.

Back