Teams Cleveland Browns - GPODAWUND [sic]

Bigelow

All Australian
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
gpodawund
The first snap of the game provided a symmetrical balance to my time supporting the Browns.

The first game I ever watched of the Browns, via the Youtube highlights, was when during the game the Brown's Cam Erving, a first round pick, snapped the ball over the head of quarterback RGIII.

So when at the start of the game the Steelers centre, Pouncey, snapped the ball over his quarterback's head, it had a special siginificance.

It signified the shift that the Browns were no longer the laughing stock of the league, always being beaten by their own mistakes. They are now a good team. Other teams now make those mistakes.

It was a vindication of all that they had done in the meantime to rebuild the team.

It was fitting that the Steelers were opposition.

:)

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Considering the last few years, it's hard to be too unhappy going 1-1 in the playoffs. And the good thing going forward is we might finally be able to attract good free agents, with them actually wanting to play for us and not just coming for the money.

Think there's no doubt the D will be the focus...

DE - Garrett needs some help, big question is do we pay Vernon again
DT - Richardson was good, while Taylor and Elliott were nice surprises. We also get Billings back after he opted out

LB - I thought Goodson was decent and should be brought back, while Takitaki and Phillips showed enough in their roles. Should be the priority, ideally with a free agent and a high draft pick. Need both a true 3 down LB and one who can rush the passer

CB - Need another outside CB with both Ward and Greedy being injury prone, and Mitchell may leave for starter money
S - I'd be happy going into next year with Harrison and Delpit as our starting safeties

The only other question will be what we do at the WR position. We'll resign Higgins, and probably look to the draft for a slot guy - although I'd like a big endzone target personally. OBJ might be an in season trade once he's healthy.

It's nice to not speculate who the coach or GM will be for once.

Bigelow

All Australian
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
gpodawund
For all you old blokes here, do you remember this ?

What does it tell you ?

The enthusiam for the job stands out for me.

Unfortunately at the time he thought Hue Jackson was a good choice.

The other thing to point out is the interviewer back in 2016, had no idea what he and the team had to go through till he was finally able to do the Choo-choo choo - playoff express videos !

Bigelow

All Australian
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
gpodawund
1611608437373.png

Considering the last few years, it's hard to be too unhappy going 1-1 in the playoffs. And the good thing going forward is we might finally be able to attract good free agents, with them actually wanting to play for us and not just coming for the money.

Think there's no doubt the D will be the focus...

DE - Garrett needs some help, big question is do we pay Vernon again
DT - Richardson was good, while Taylor and Elliott were nice surprises. We also get Billings back after he opted out

LB - I thought Goodson was decent and should be brought back, while Takitaki and Phillips showed enough in their roles. Should be the priority, ideally with a free agent and a high draft pick. Need both a true 3 down LB and one who can rush the passer

CB - Need another outside CB with both Ward and Greedy being injury prone, and Mitchell may leave for starter money
S - I'd be happy going into next year with Harrison and Delpit as our starting safeties

The only other question will be what we do at the WR position. We'll resign Higgins, and probably look to the draft for a slot guy - although I'd like a big endzone target personally. OBJ might be an in season trade once he's healthy.

It's nice to not speculate who the coach or GM will be for once.

Vernon out for 12 months with torn achilles isn't he? Or did I misread the report I saw?

Bigelow

All Australian
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
gpodawund
Browns fans after most successful season since the return

"staring out the window"... twiddles thumbs ... things dont feel quite right...

- won a playoff game
- excellent first year for new coach
- quarterback performance was one of the best in the league
- best offensive line line the competition
- top line receiving core
- no acrimony in the front office
- only glaring weaknesses, obvious to everyone, to be fixed are the linebackers and secondary

"sips coffee".... whistles to self.....

"feels strange and out of sorts,"....

THAT'S IT

Lets trade Mayfield for Deshaun Watson !!!

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
rowns coach Kevin Stefanski has been named the Associated Press' Coach of the Year.
The Browns made the playoffs for the first time since 2002 under their 38-year-old rookie head coach. The Vikings' offensive coordinator for only 1.5 seasons, the Browns wanted Stefanski to implement the same run-heavy, play-action featuring offense he guided in Minnesota. He did that and more, sparking a dangerous two-back attack with Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt while returning Baker Mayfield to respectability. He did all this with slot man Jarvis Landry as his No. 1 receiver following Odell Beckham's early-season injury. Stefanski seemed to crack under the game management pressure in the Divisional Round in Kansas City, but he is a cerebral head coach who should be ready for the league's 2021 adjustments.
Feb 6, 2021, 9:54 PM ET

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Johnson should be a good signing, I dont think Joseph is going to be back now but I could be wrong.
I still think we need a DE.. Lawson, Hendrickson and Dupree all off the table now
I saw we are interested in Shaq Griffin

Back